Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

Aleksander Mitrovic confirmed his move to Newcastle. What a deal! Next year Newcastle save will be amazing!

Unofficial page confirmed it, the official one is different on his website.

In:

Falcao (Loan - £5m)

Begovic (£8m)

Aranguiz (£8m)

Stones (£25m)

Pedro (£22m)

Rahman (£15m)

Total: £83m

Out:

Cech (£11m)

Drogba (Free)

Mikel (£11m)

McEachran (£750k)

Cuadrado (£15m)

T. Hazard (£6m)

Kakuta (£2.5m)

Astu (Loan)

Van Ginkel (Loan)

Kalas (Loan)

Christensen (Loan)

Pasalic (Loan)
Moses (£8m)

Filipe Luis (£15m)

Total: £54.25m

Conclusion:

Not a bad window for Chelsea. With only a £28m loss that doesn't include loan fees. A small (though one bigger than last season's) but strong squad in which is Mourinho's strengths as he likes Ramires, Zouma, Fabregas and Azpilicueta to play in multiple positions.

Costa

Hazard-Oscar-Pedro

Fabregas-Matic

Azpilicueta-Terry-Cahill-Ivanovic

Courtois

Bench: Begovic, Rahman, Zouma, Stones, Aranguiz, Willian, Falcao

Reserves: Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Remy

So Dec you arent expecting Bamford to get a gig this year?

Patrick Roberts signs for Man City. Jordan Amavi goes to Villa. Younes Kaboul is now a Sunderland player. Downing is back at Middlesbrough. Robinho moves to China. Jordy Clasie goes to Southampton. Jermain Lens signs for Sunderland. 

Those are ones over the past few days that haven't been mentioned in the thread. 

I think Lens to Sunderland is a pretty great deal for Sunderland tbh. He's class.

He's good. Reuniting with Advocaat - should be a good move for both of them

Just watching the Man City v Roma highlights.  Excited to see Enes Unal get some minutes until I saw how slow he is. It looked like he was treading water against an old Roma defence. 

Starting to worry about these Sakho leaving rumours :(

Ash - yeah they seem to be gathering steam. Word inside club is that sakho just wants to feel loved but is still concerned because they bought Lovren to replace him. So feeling is that he will stay but...

This issue would go away if they had let Skrtel go. Which would line up room for Ilori and Gomez very nicely

So we (Newcastle) have done some great business I'm hyped to see how mitrovic apadts yo the premier league and cannot wait to see him play 

benteke to liverpool for 32.5mil confirmed

Well I guess that means Ings will be relegated to a bit part player. Should have moved to another club :/ 

Ings's agent wouldve been blowing smoke in his ear to make him think he was going to be first choice at LFC. Word is he was signed with a view to easing him in so he can step up in 2 years. He's only 21 remember and from his showings on pre-season tour, is still very raw.

On an unrelated note, Mbemba to Newcastle. Looks like a solid signing.

Ings's agent wouldve been blowing smoke in his ear to make him think he was going to be first choice at LFC. Word is he was signed with a view to easing him in so he can step up in 2 years. He's only 21 remember and from his showings on pre-season tour, is still very raw.

On an unrelated note, Mbemba to Newcastle. Looks like a solid signing.

True, but this is the reason England never develop any word class teams. All of their young players invariably end up spending their formative years playing second fiddle at big clubs when they should be playing week in week out. It's a shame really, so much wasted talent. 

Ings will be third choice. Sturridge, Benteke, Ings followed by Origi/Balotelli. Balo could still leave and a Prem loan for Origi isn't out of the question yet. 

Sturridge isn't fit until November, so Ings will get game time, even once Sturridge is fit IMO he should have no involvement in cup games at all (including Europe, unless it's late stages), which frees up game time to them all. 

If Sakho leaves I'll be gutted, I've always loved Skrtel but tbh he isn't that good and don't get me started on Lovren. If we do sell our best CB I'll be rather p'd off! I'd like to see Clyne, Llori, Sakho and Moreno getting a run in the team but that's unlikely now with Skrtel not only getting a new deal but also a nice wage boost. Make Sakho the vice captain and crack on IMO 

Ings will be third choice. Sturridge, Benteke, Ings followed by Origi/Balotelli. Balo could still leave and a Prem loan for Origi isn't out of the question yet. 

Sturridge isn't fit until November, so Ings will get game time, even once Sturridge is fit IMO he should have no involvement in cup games at all (including Europe, unless it's late stages), which frees up game time to them all. 

If Sakho leaves I'll be gutted, I've always loved Skrtel but tbh he isn't that good and don't get me started on Lovren. If we do sell our best CB I'll be rather p'd off! I'd like to see Clyne, Llori, Sakho and Moreno getting a run in the team but that's unlikely now with Skrtel not only getting a new deal but also a nice wage boost. Make Sakho the vice captain and crack on IMO 

Yeah Im starting to get an uneasy feeling Sakho is going to go too. He wants guarantees about playing time because he is desperate to play in French national team (which is pretty much why he left PSG in first place). injuries havent helped his cause but I reckon he is easily the best DC we have got. I wouldve loved to see Skrtel go to but he is right sided so they probably wanted him to stay until Ilori and Wisdom were ready. By the way, I not sure he got a wage boost. Contract was changed towards incentive base. Skrtel didnt like it but I suspect he couldnt get a better offer on open market.

Jovetic to Inter for loan plus buy. If obligation to buy then its a good deal for Man City. They now just have to get rid of Dzeko and his wages. But would suggest City are looking at just Aguero up front with 3 in behind.

Speaking of Inter,  Jeison Murillo is looking like he will be a very good buy for them. Awarded Young player of Copa America, in process owning Messi. Be interesting to see how he adapts to Serie A  - given the chance

Edited by phila

According to my source that normally posts the transfers a bit earlier but become confirmed on most occasions he has gone to Marseille. But then they have changed it to free so maybe not.

Catching up on the transfers while I've been away I feel Matthews and Kaboul are well needed signings for Sunderland especially for the transfer fees, haven't seen much of Lens but know he can play up front or out wide. Still desperately need another centre back, don't want to watch John O'Shea for another season.