Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

I hope Borini goes to Sunderland this time. Unlike Balo and Enrique I want him to go for his own good, he's got the right attitude but he's wasting his career with us and he's simply not good enough. His movement and work rate is top class but he lacks that killer instint and it's clear to see he's not fancied by us. Going back to Sunderland is a good move for him IMO where he can be the main man but I'm shocked we're talking 10m, especially as the Inter offer was reportedly only 6m. 

I can't see us buying anyone else which is annoying as we still have some flaws within the squad but it's good to actually have a squad for once. Just got to hope we keep hold of Lucas and Sakho in the coming hours. A solid DMC coming in would be an amazing surprise but Rodgers has made it clear it's not happening :@. 

Spurs apparently looking at Wanyama after he hasnt gone away with his national side. Witsel aswell so they say surely too late for that kind of signing, need a striker though!

Kevin Großkreutz to Galatasaray (not official but would be soon)

Kuba Blaszczykowski to AC FiFFiorentina (not official but would be soon as well) all from Borussia Dortmund.

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Coutinho hands in transfer request :( 

Couldn't handle the news when I found out so I had a nap! ? As long as we don't just raid Southampton and actually sign someone outstanding it should be fine... Hopefully!

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Couldn't handle the news when I found out so I had a nap! ? As long as we don't just raid Southampton and actually sign someone outstanding it should be fine... Hopefully!

Starting to think we'll just see Salah as his replacement and use the money for Keita/VVD. Even if that happens we're still an actual winger short though as only takes one injury and Lallana/Gini/Firmino will be wasted and farmed wide. 

Apparently Keita's people are house hunting this week and we're confident the deal can happen but I'm still unsure. 

26 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Starting to think we'll just see Salah as his replacement and use the money for Keita/VVD. Even if that happens we're still an actual winger short though as only takes one injury and Lallana/Gini/Firmino will be wasted and farmed wide. 

Apparently Keita's people are house hunting this week and we're confident the deal can happen but I'm still unsure. 

Tell Coutinho to stop being a 'female dog' (weren't sure if the swearing guidelines rule that word out ?) and stick out his contract, bet he's glad I'm not his gaffer haha

Honestly not sure about Keita cause like you said we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot when The AFCON comes back around and our two first team wide players are shipped off for a month, just look how terrible we were last season when Mane disappeared and was injured!

If the deal goes through Klopp has some serious magic to work in less than 2 weeks, please no panic buys!!

11 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Tell Coutinho to stop being a 'female dog' (weren't sure if the swearing guidelines rule that word out ?) and stick out his contract, bet he's glad I'm not his gaffer haha

Honestly not sure about Keita cause like you said we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot when The AFCON comes back around and our two first team wide players are shipped off for a month, just look how terrible we were last season when Mane disappeared and was injured!

If the deal goes through Klopp has some serious magic to work in less than 2 weeks, please no panic buys!!

Bear in mind that the AFCON has now been changed to take place during the summer from 2019.

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

Bear in mind that the AFCON has now been changed to take place during the summer from 2019.

Didn't know that, thanks for the update, made my season a whole lot better providing the rigorous 'Klopp IT' doesn't injure the African pair!

The ACON news was massive when it released (especially for us) so how did you miss that haha. 

Tbh I'm not sour on Coutinho wanting to go, sure I'm gutted and disappointed but I get why he wants out. Way more annoyed by his timing tbh. 

If he wants to go just get it done as he's no Suarez who'll still play well after this disappointment IMO. He's always been a tad sulky and i think he's more likely to down tools than play like nothing happened. 

God knows but that was the first I remember hearing about it lol

Same here, another 3-4+ years in the form he's been in and he would be forever loved by the passionate fans we have! Why is it there's always drama regarding our players leaving, never just someone bids, they leave, amicable terms! Haha

yeah we need it wrapped up ASAP! He has been quite the whinger tbh but that doesn't discount his ability on the pitch! Unfortunate but these things happen in football today

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Definitely cushions the blow if Can goes. 

Indeed, I'll be sad to see Can leave though. 

Two days ago we started a Champions League Final with a midfield three of Hendo, Gini and Milner, two days forward and our midfield is Fabinho, Keita and potentially Fekir :o. 

It's all kind of crazy, this transfer window. Liverpool, Wolves and West Ham all does excellent business, seemingly aiming for the title and Europa spot, respectively. That's the good crazy, the kind that getting us fans excited. Tottenham going for an average English talent rated at £40M? Ruben getting washed-up star who doesn't have many years left in him for €100M? That's literally crazy.

Edited by Modestep
31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Some nice business done by Rafa, what do you think @Woody

Im chuffed so far mate...could do with a top end striker though but the big one will be keeping hold of Lascelles really.