Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Isnt that the same with most clubs though. Without financial backing you dont stand a chance in todays game.

Im not a fan of Chelsea either.

This is true but Chelsea has no class, the fans are the worst. 

There is ways of going about things in the modern game. The changing room has run that club for years.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Isnt that the same with most clubs though. Without financial backing you dont stand a chance in todays game.

Im not a fan of Chelsea either.

No Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham & Liverpool have self generated their wealth on the whole, Man City & Chelsea have been gifted theirs, had Roman not come in Chelsea would have been bankrupt and having to sell all their assets and would never have been a big club. Roman is the most important person in Chelsea success without him it would have never happened, and he has never kicked a ball for the club, so sad.

42 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

No Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham & Liverpool have self generated their wealth on the whole, Man City & Chelsea have been gifted theirs, had Roman not come in Chelsea would have been bankrupt and having to sell all their assets and would never have been a big club. Roman is the most important person in Chelsea success without him it would have never happened, and he has never kicked a ball for the club, so sad.

Im sorry but arsenal are bankrolled by kroenke and usmanov and so are liverpool by fenway!! Chelsea havent exactly dominated english football due to there owner.  Dont get me wrong i cant stand chelsea and i couldnt care less what they spend.

I support a team thst is crying out for investment that is debt free...i would love a billionnaire to take over.

2 hours ago, danovic78 said:

There is ways of going about things in the modern game. The changing room has run that club for years.

I agree chelsea have no class...they are a poorly run club.

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

Im sorry but arsenal are bankrolled by kroenke and usmanov and so are liverpool by fenway!! Chelsea havent exactly dominated english football due to there owner.  Dont get me wrong i cant stand chelsea and i couldnt care less what they spend.

I support a team thst is crying out for investment that is debt free...i would love a billionnaire to take over.

Arsenal are not bankrolled by the yank idiot, Arsenal are self financing, making profits most years, the Yank is taking money ouy not putting it in, Arsenal have never had a owner puting  lots of money into the team, their success has come about by good managers at the time first George Graham then Arsene Wenger, both never spent mega money and didn't buy the top players but developed good players.

Just now, Paul186 said:

Arsenal are not bankrolled by the yank idiot, Arsenal are self financing, making profits most years, the Yank is taking money ouy not putting it in, Arsenal have never had a owner puting  lots of money into the team, their success has come about by good managers at the time first George Graham then Arsene Wenger, both never spent mega money and didn't buy the top players but developed good players.

Suppose that why they havent won anything for awhile then.

Ok seeing as your a Gooner i will let you off with that one. 😉

Im just saying you need investment in a club, the Man City thing is a strange one. They are a big club and that money has been there a few years now but having Guardiola in charge has stepped it up a few notches.

Personally think Arsenal will do ok this season as you have a top manager(not to say Wenger wasnt) but with abit more guile.

2 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Don’t you think that’s the newer influx of fans though that only support them because they’re good and expect to win anything? Chelsea still have a core of their support from the 80s and 90s when they weren’t as successful. You’d have had to be a Chelsea fan/season ticket holder for a long time to get an away ticket there I’d imagine.

From my experience of visiting all the top 6 clubs numerous times for away matches, Chelsea have the best home atmosphere by a distance. OT and Emirates are graveyards as is Anfield when it’s not a European night. Etihad is a joke whilst White Hart Lane wasn’t too bad but I can’t imagine it’ll improve when they move.

Our net spend since 2016 is around 140m, the CL run got us just under 70m and I wouldn't be surprised to see us make another 50m+ this month with Ings, Origi, Mignolet and Markovic available. 

Our wages are also nothing like the other clubs as its 60 odd million cheaper than the Manchester clubs. 

I'd also think we're finally spending smartly unlike the last decade. I can't say we aren't free spending but we ain't no sugar daddy club :p. 

Pogba money could have bought our front three more or less and Sanchez's would likely pay them n all. I think our top earners is 150m but I'm not sure, isn't Sanchez on like 500k? 

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Our net spend since 2016 is around 140m, the CL run got us just under 70m and I wouldn't be surprised to see us make another 50m+ this month with Ings, Origi, Mignolet and Markovic available. 

Our wages are also nothing like the other clubs as its 60 odd million cheaper than the Manchester clubs. 

I'd also think we're finally spending smartly unlike the last decade. I can't say we aren't free spending but we ain't no sugar daddy club :p. 

Pogba money could have bought our front three more or less and Sanchez's would likely pay them n all. I think our top earners is 150m but I'm not sure, isn't Sanchez on like 500k? 

Im just jealous....we cant even spend £6m on a swedish striker 😢😢😢😢

1 hour ago, Woody said:

You clearly know absolutely nothing about Arsenal I’d save your comments for your own club. 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Don’t you think that’s the newer influx of fans though that only support them because they’re good and expect to win anything? Chelsea still have a core of their support from the 80s and 90s when they weren’t as successful. You’d have had to be a Chelsea fan/season ticket holder for a long time to get an away ticket there I’d imagine.

From my experience of visiting all the top 6 clubs numerous times for away matches, Chelsea have the best home atmosphere by a distance. OT and Emirates are graveyards as is Anfield when it’s not a European night. Etihad is a joke whilst White Hart Lane wasn’t too bad but I can’t imagine it’ll improve when they move.

At least you’ll never have to visit them places again, let us know how league 1s top grounds are when you’ve been.

Edited by Mikee1984
8 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

At lessr you’ll never have to visit them places again, let us know how league 1s top grounds are when you’ve been.

League One’s top ground is ours mate, it’s one of the best stadiums in England.

How many times have you been to the Emirates? If you’ve been you’d know fine well that Arsenal’s home support is amongst the worst in the country.

Clubs a quarter of the size and a quarter of the stadium capacity have better atmospheres.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

League One’s top ground is ours mate, it’s one of the best stadiums in England.

How many times have you been to the Emirates? If you’ve been you’d know fine well that Arsenal’s home support is amongst the worst in the country.

Clubs a quarter of the size and a quarter of the stadium capacity have better atmospheres.

I know Sunderland has a top ground and I’ve not once said arsenal have the best atmosphere etc. Seeing as you were moaning about all the prem stadiums I thought you could let us know how league 1 is.

5 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

I know Sunderland has a top ground and I’ve not once said arsenal have the best atmosphere etc. Seeing as you were moaning about all the prem stadiums I thought you could let us know how league 1 is.

Best drop a follow on the English football thread then as that's usually where I take all my reviews/rants :P

I was moaning more about the clubs more than the stadiums, Old Trafford for example I like as a stadium it's just the people inside it I can't stand.

The worst for atmosphere though is Crystal Palace hands down, all completely fake and unnatural which they copy from foreign fans. Their supporters go to a match to do a job rather than naturally support the team. Some clubs just need to accept they won't have an atmosphere and Palace should have been one of them.

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Best drop a follow on the English football thread then as that's usually where I take all my reviews/rants :P

I was moaning more about the clubs more than the stadiums, Old Trafford for example I like as a stadium it's just the people inside it I can't stand.

The worst for atmosphere though is Crystal Palace hands down, all completely fake and unnatural which they copy from foreign fans. Their supporters go to a match to do a job rather than naturally support the team. Some clubs just need to accept they won't have an atmosphere and Palace should have been one of them.

Haha I’ll check out the thread, how are you rating Sunderland’s chances with this wave of kids who all seem to be getting more then a good chance this year.

4 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha I’ll check out the thread, how are you rating Sunderland’s chances with this wave of kids who all seem to be getting more then a good chance this year.

The kids have been coming through for a few years now, just under the old regime they never got a chance due to us buying old past it players on free transfers and shit players from the French 2nd tier. With the squad we have now we should win the league but as long as it ends in promotion by some means then I'm happy as we can't really afford to spend more than a couple of seasons in League 1.

2 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

You clearly know absolutely nothing about Arsenal I’d save your comments for your own club. 

I never claimed to know alot about Arsenal nor any other club but i am allowed an opinion.

You clearly know nothing about friendly banter!

I never claimed to know alot about Arsenal nor any other club but i am allowed an opinion.

You clearly know nothing about friendly banter!

Shame your opinion had zero relevance to what’s actually going on at arsenal.

31 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Shame your opinion had zero relevance to what’s actually going on at arsenal.

If you had read my other comments i was quite complimentary about Arsenal my comment was based on clubs who are bank rolled by billionnaires.

4 hours ago, Woody said:

Suppose that why they havent won anything for awhile then.

Ok seeing as your a Gooner i will let you off with that one. 😉

Im just saying you need investment in a club, the Man City thing is a strange one. They are a big club and that money has been there a few years now but having Guardiola in charge has stepped it up a few notches.

Personally think Arsenal will do ok this season as you have a top manager(not to say Wenger wasnt) but with abit more guile.

I understand that Kroenke is a piece of work but i was just pointing out that Arsenal do have billionnaire owners. 

This has got out of hand now.

If you had read my other comments i was quite complimentary about Arsenal my comment was based on clubs who are bank rolled by billionnaires.

I understand that Kroenke is a piece of work but i was just pointing out that Arsenal do have billionnaire owners. 

This has got out of hand now.

Yawn... out of hand. Grow a pair will you, god sake can’t say anything on here. 

10 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Yawn... out of hand. Grow a pair will you, god sake can’t say anything on 

😂😂 ok mate i wasn't complaining you can say what ever you want.

My best mate is an Arsenal fan and i rib him loads and he does to me, i mean i cant say owt as Newcastle are run by a twat of an owner so we wont be doing much transfer wise.

Arsenal are a top side and should be doing better than they have. Wenger leaving is the best thing imo as long as kroenke spends you have a manager who will win things.

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Arsenal are wank to be fair, more so than Chelsea actually.

Lol your welsh so your opinion doesn’t count.

3 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Lol your welsh so your opinion doesn’t count.

It’s “you’re welsh” not “your welsh” 

but then I’m welsh so I wouldn’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It’s “you’re welsh” not “your welsh” 

but then I’m welsh so I wouldn’t know .. you said it

Edited by Mikee1984
1 minute ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha says the guy who said Chelsea is a shit club didn’t you mean Chelsea are a shit club. Typical hypocritical welsh.

It’s because I’m Welsh Mike. English is my second language, hence the poor grammar I sometimes have whilst using my “second” language.

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

It’s because I’m Welsh Mike. English is my second language, hence the poor grammar I sometimes have whilst using my “second” language.

Surely there must be a separate thread or something  for welsh speakers you should enquire about this Nuke.

1 minute ago, Mikee1984 said:

Surely there must be a separate thread or something  for welsh speakers you should enquire about this Nuke.

I’ll make sure I get admin on the case, just for you Mike