Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

59 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Woody can I get your reaction on Newcastle signing a striker for £40M who has scored 7 goals for Hoffenheim since 2015 and has never scored more than 8 goals in a season?

Erm......typical Toon really. 

Not seen him tbf, but I've heard he's meant to be decent and similar to Firmino? I dunno but we got linked to him alot but it might be lazy news as he replaced Bobby. 

He's been class for ages on FMM for what that's worth 😛

It’s another hilariously genius move by Ashley though. Sold Perez for £35M, couple of other players out as well, saved a fortune now Rafa has left. Probably still made a profit this summer despite splashing £40M on a striker. Now money has been spent all the “boycotters” will change their mind and the fans will all come back again.

More than 45,000 there first game of the season guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

...and none of them with tops on.

"Ashley Oot" painted on there stomachs without realising that by being there they're lining his pockets further.

8 hours ago, samhardy said:

"Ashley Oot" painted on there stomachs without realising that by being there they're lining his pockets further.

They arent all going to stay away. Ive heard they are going to be protesting still before and after games.

We've still only spent the Perez money so im not getting excited yet. Need atleast another 5 players!!

Joelinton is a good start but jury is out untill he starts scoring goals and yes FatAsh is still a prick.

On 23/07/2019 at 16:03, samhardy said:

@Woody can I get your reaction on Newcastle signing a striker for £40M who has scored 7 goals for Hoffenheim since 2015 and has never scored more than 8 goals in a season?

I think he’s great. Joelinton scored  all of  his hoffenheim goals last season as he was seen as more of a prospect before 18/19. He offers a lot to the team answer he’s a a great finisher. Pace and power is a great combo and with almiron feeding the balls through. Newcastle need two pacey wingers and they could play well in a 4-2-3-1 playing possession football at the back and then rapid quick direct football up top. That said, Steve Bruce doesnt have a clue so yeah....

btw Newcastle’s new away kit is is lovely

When we signed VVD for £75m I didn't question his talent or ability as he was clearly special, I was however unsure on his attitude/desire/attention span (pretty often he'd rely on his pace or blame others at Southampton, thankfully he's only had a few tuned out of it matches for us). Anyway for £75m I was ecstatic yet worried he'd fail to deliver at that price, thankfully I was wrong as he's been a monster for us. VVD was a player with everything, he just needed a stage. 

Maguire for £80m though? I'm not even sure he can defend never mind anything else expected of him! He seriously gives me a Phil Jones Vibe with maybe a few less errors. He's also got no pace so how deep will United have to play? If they don't change to a style to accommodate him what's the point? 

He was awful at the WC imo but it was overshadowed due to a few goals. 

They were always going to have to overpay to get him but I never thought it would be that high a fee if I’m honest. 

Suppose they need to take a few risks now and just hope it works out.

I think united board and fans don't care about the price tag because they don't want to see another season of jones and smalling starting together😁

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Gives us a bit more going forward I suppose. Football’s mad though

Could job you've got a big lump up top Maguire can use his traits to ping balls to....Oh wait....

That's really crazy. Maybe they can take a cue from Vibe and put him in one of the striking positions. That will be epic. The Slabhead Assasin. 😂😂

I cant understand why we are signing players all of a sudden. Either Ashley thinks were are going to go down and is panicking or we are signing players Rafa thought were too expensive.

I like who we have bought it so far granted i dont know anything about Maximin but the others are solid transfers. 

14 minutes ago, Woody said:

I cant understand why we are signing players all of a sudden. Either Ashley thinks were are going to go down and is panicking or we are signing players Rafa thought were too expensive.

I like who we have bought it so far granted i dont know anything about Maximin but the others are solid transfers. 

Unless Rafa was doing his typical power move and wanted transfer control 

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

The reason he left was for a big fat pay check simple as that.

The more i hear thw more i believe that

58 minutes ago, Woody said:

The more i hear thw more i believe that

Don’t forget it was him who left the club not the other way round. Clearly wasn’t anything to do with not being backed as that’s what £60M spent in the last 3 weeks now. Also took Rondon with him to China.

The guy has conned 99% of Newcastle fans over the last season and a bit and has had them on strings. He didn’t work miracles, all he did was keep a very capable group of players in the Premier League after taking them down originally and then buying the Championship.