Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Headline on Sky Sports: ‘United end Dybala interest’.

🙄 Cos of course it happened that way around.😭

He tried holding us to ransom so I’d say the headline is correct tbh. I hope he rots in the Juve reserves now 😛

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wilson to Bournemouth on loan, think that means we're signing someone @Ian?

You’d think so and presumably a forward but I have no idea who. Taking a risk if we go in with no notable signings but then again if we still produce and find ourselves challenging again it’ll be even more remarkable. Maybe we’ve been a bit lucky in our deals but I haven’t seen the club as good in every aspect as what we’ve been this last few years. 

9 hours ago, Ian said:

You’d think so and presumably a forward but I have no idea who. Taking a risk if we go in with no notable signings but then again if we still produce and find ourselves challenging again it’ll be even more remarkable. Maybe we’ve been a bit lucky in our deals but I haven’t seen the club as good in every aspect as what we’ve been this last few years. 

I'm glad it's a loan and not a sale as I want to see what Wilson can do in the Premier League, this season will be massive for him if he wants to stay at Liverpool. 

If Wilson is going you have to think Kent is as well as Wilson is better than Kent. 

Yeah this is hands down the best Liverpool squad I've seen, Rafa had some class DId but never a squad. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Today Spurs and Arsenal have both signed Coutinho 😂😂

Would you like him back Ashez and @Ian?

Can’t help thinking that you improved without him but then would you want Man Utd, Spurs or Arsenal get him and improve there squads.

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Would you like him back Ashez and @Ian?

Can’t help thinking that you improved without him but then would you want Man Utd, Spurs or Arsenal get him and improve there squads.

I’d give him another go if the deal was right. I’d prefer we went for someone else but if it’s either him coming in or nobody else then it’s a no brainier for me as he will improve us in squad terms. 

I am so happy with Arsenal's transfer business this window. We have signed Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid. He is a class midfielder with a lot of talent, and he had a great U-21 European Championship campaign where he really performed with Spain, I am very excited to see him link with Özil.

We signed a young French centre-back in William Saliba from AS Saint-Étienne. He has a lot of potential, and he had a great season in Ligue 1 last year. He is gonna go back to his club on loan for one more season, but I am excited that we now have a great young centre-back prospect at our disposal.

We signed Nicolas Pepe. What a signing man. We signed him ahead of the likes of Napoli, Liverpool etc. He was sensational last year in all competitions, managing 23 goals and 12 assists in 41 games. He will bolster our attack hugely. He is just the signing we were needing. Imagine, Pepe, Aubameyang, Lacazette, what an attack.

We also managed to sign a great striker prospect from Brazil in Gabriel Martinelli, He looks really good, he may not be the best prospect, but he will surely grow into something nice for the future. I mean he probably will hardly start games considering our attack, so It's probably best he goes on loan to get some needed first-team football as well as him getting some experience to grow as a player. So there is our transfers so far this window, but we still are going for some quality players.

Wilfried Zaha as an example. To be honest I think strengthening our defence should now be our main priority. But if we do manage to sign him, well what can I say, It would be great, But honestly he really is not very needed with us now signing Nicolas Pepe. Also considering Crystal Palace, are not budging on their asking price, it's probably best we stop making bids for him and end the move.

A couple of weeks ago, well before we were rumored to get Nicolas Pepe, it was looking very likely we would sign Everton Soares, the 23 year old Brazilian winger who plays for Gremio, who had a great Copa America 2019. It seemed a great transfer, until reports appeared suggesting that Gremio, were asking a price of 80 million quid for him. Which is outrageous considering he has only started showing real quality this summer in the Copa America, and that there is better options elsewhere that cost the same or less. And that he apparently is a party-type guy which, you know isn't really good considering the amount of great Brazilian talent who wasted their careers by being that type. Adriano, Robinho, Denilson etc.

We also recently have been rumored to get a loan deal done with Barcelona to get Coutinho on loan for a season which would be incredible, if it is completed. It isn't really hugely necessary, but if we can get the deal done, it would be a great addition to the squad and more depth in the wings.

Another player we have been rumored with this window, Probably for the longest time out of all the players I have mentioned, Is Kieran Tierney. He is a very talented left back, who plays for Celtic. He is a very good player, who would be a very very good addition to the current lineup. He is very versatile, he can play both at left back and centre-back. And just overall, I would be happy if he joins. But after hearing news of his current injury problems. I would say it's best we wait till January to get a move done for him. Also Kolasinac, isn't half bad, he could fill in as well as Nacho Monreal for the time being.

Another linked player to our club is Dayot Upamecano. He is a young french centre-back from RB Leipzig. He is a quick, strong player, who likes to pass the ball up the pitch quickly and make short passes to the midfield. In my sole opinion, He should be the main target for the rest of the window. He is just the defensive player we need at the moment. At the moment, Arsenal have made a 60 million quid bid for him. It's been rejected, but RB Leipzig are requesting 60 million and Emile Smith-Rowe in the deal either on loan or on an permanent basis. I would be over the moon if this deal went through.

And last of all is the Italian defender, Daniele Rugani. He is a centre-back who plays for Juventus. He is a decent player who has good potential, but hasn't proven himself just yet. Now we don't want another Mustafi, so we should only sign him if the Upamecano deal doesn't go through. I think this player would be a good plan b. If we do go for this player, we should get him on loan with an option to buy clause. Anyways everyone, this has been my opinion on the transfers Arsenal have made this window, and the players we have been linked with. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Vipper
5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Arsenal are rubbish

If Spurs somehow get Coutinho and Dybala you've had a very impressive window. I'll admit though I dunno where everyone would play lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If Spurs somehow get Coutinho and Dybala you've had a very impressive window. I'll admit though I dunno where everyone would play lol. 

One of them plus another central midfielder if Eriksen goes and I will be delighted. We still have an aging defence though.  

Edited by Rob
1 hour ago, Rob said:

Arsenal are rubbish

☹️ 

added 0 minutes later
20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I hope Spurs sign Dybala purely because of the fume that would emanate from United fans.

😂 

6 hours ago, Rob said:

One of them plus another central midfielder if Eriksen goes and I will be delighted. We still have an aging defence though.  

I know Arsenal are not at the same level they used to be in, but I just wanted to state how happy I was seeing new transfers this window that look exciting and new changes finally. I actually will give credit where credit is due. Tottenham are probably a better team than us at the moment, and have been for the past 2-3 years already now, I am not calling your team rubbish, so why do you have to call Arsenal rubbish? I know you are an Tottenham fan, but you don't necessarily have to say that.

7 minutes ago, Vipper said:

I know Arsenal are not at the same level they used to be in, but I just wanted to state how happy I was seeing new transfers this window that look exciting and new changes finally. I actually will give credit where credit is due. Tottenham are probably a better team than us at the moment, and have been for the past 2-3 years already now, I am not calling your team rubbish, so why do you have to call Arsenal rubbish? I know you are an Tottenham fan, but you don't necessarily have to say that.

It was a joke?

arsenal have bought well but have not strengthened the key positions. United have bought some really good British talent and I'm really excited about it. would still like to see one more signing though

4 minutes ago, TheBossMan8 said:

arsenal have bought well but have not strengthened the key positions. United have bought some really good British talent and I'm really excited about it. would still like to see one more signing though

Thursday is premier league deadline day so very poor chances at the moment although rumours say that man united have reopened talks with juventus for mario mandzukic. Let's see what happens🤷

20 hours ago, Rob said:

Neither coutinho nor dybala but Lo Celso has landed in London and he’ll become a new Tottenham player on next hours. What's your opinion @Rob

2 hours ago, Ran7777 said:

Neither coutinho nor dybala but Lo Celso has landed in London and he’ll become a new Tottenham player on next hours. What's your opinion @Rob

Depends if Eriksen goes. If Eriksen does go I’d like two central midfielders in, as that’s where we are least stocked. 

Going to be an interesting day.