Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

Yes! We've managed to sign Kieran Tierney finally. And David Luiz. Not the best centre-back, but better than we have at the moment nevertheless. Great signings. Also Tottenham, have managed to sign Lo Celso and, Sessegnon. Which is great business, for them I can't lie. Here is my Premier League 19/20 predictions for the table at the end of the season.
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Manchester United
6. Chelsea
7. Everton
8. Leicester City
9. Wolves
10. West Ham
11. Bournemouth
12. Watford
13. Southampton
14. Aston Villa
15. Crystal Palace
16. Burnley
17. Newcastle
18. Norwich
19. Brighton
20. Sheffield United

5 hours ago, Vipper said:

Yes! We've managed to sign Kieran Tierney finally. And David Luiz. Not the best centre-back, but better than we have at the moment nevertheless. Great signings. Also Tottenham, have managed to sign Lo Celso and, Sessegnon. Which is great business, for them I can't lie. Here is my Premier League 19/20 predictions for the table at the end of the season.
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Manchester United
6. Chelsea
7. Everton
8. Leicester City
9. Wolves
10. West Ham
11. Bournemouth
12. Watford
13. Southampton
14. Aston Villa
15. Crystal Palace
16. Burnley
17. Newcastle
18. Norwich
19. Brighton
20. Sheffield United

I think that might pan out that way, but honestly for me, I still don't see arsenal finishing inside the top 4

On 09/08/2019 at 00:37, TheBossMan8 said:

I think that might pan out that way, but honestly for me, I still don't see arsenal finishing inside the top 4

I mean if Man Utd continue their recent form, I can definitely see us finishing 4th above Man Utd, and Chelsea since it's Lampard's first year in charge with a new group of players. But I don't see us finishing above Tottenham. They are at least at the moment better than us in quality across the pitch so they will probably finish 3rd with us 4th. and I see Liverpool and Man City to continue their dominance.

On 08/09/2019 at 01:42, Vipper said:

I mean if Man Utd continue their recent form, I can definitely see us finishing 4th above Man Utd, and Chelsea since it's Lampard's first year in charge with a new group of players. But I don't see us finishing above Tottenham. They are at least at the moment better than us in quality across the pitch so they will probably finish 3rd with us 4th. and I see Liverpool and Man City to continue their dominance.

Yea with the way united have been playing, we probably won’t finish anywhere other than 6th or 7th but I can only hope he improve because arsenal haven’t been that much better in terms of play

Screenshot_2019-12-12-11-48-04.thumb.png.983967a3a5b2b3d8ecf1342966eb5735.png

This excites me, I don't want to over hype a lad after seeing him play twice but in both games he looked class. £7m is risk free and he'll be a solid squad option hopefully!

Anyone used him on FMM yet? What's he look like? I looked on 2019 after the first game and I couldn't find him. 

Naby's been short on opportunities and fitness but when he's played he's been solid. Admittedly we've not seen the best of him but I'm sure we will. 

I wouldn't go as far as useless but I kind of agree he was a waste of money. If you spend £60M on a player you should be expecting more than "solid"... Plenty of better players available for a lot cheaper.

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I wouldn't go as far as useless but I kind of agree he was a waste of money. If you spend £60M on a player you should be expecting more than "solid"... Plenty of better players available for a lot cheaper.

He's not been fit though, I do get the points being made and I hoped for more from him but he's had limited opportunities yet shown real glimpses. Look where Gini, Hendo and Fabinho have taken us, it's not like one of those deserves to be dropped. Now Fabinho is injured he's had an opportunity and grabbed it so far, just like Oxlade did but that midfield is pretty much locked in when fit and who can complain. It won us the CL, the best season in our history and one looking equally as strong. Yeah it's boring and workman like but it allows Trent and Robbo to do their thing. 

4 starts, 2 goals and an assist this season btw 😛

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_2019-12-12-11-48-04.thumb.png.983967a3a5b2b3d8ecf1342966eb5735.png

This excites me, I don't want to over hype a lad after seeing him play twice but in both games he looked class. £7m is risk free and he'll be a solid squad option hopefully!

Anyone used him on FMM yet? What's he look like? I looked on 2019 after the first game and I couldn't find him. 

Really like the sound of this, thought he was fantastic against us and can see him doing a great job when needed. I think the fans will really take to him and he won’t have the pressure of a big fee on his shoulders.

I mean the stats are great his assist rate in the Ucl is great.i believe he has 4 in 6. Great player as well but who knows what will happen at Liverpool. That said the 7 million is a bargain if Liverpool get him 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Looks really good in 2020! Like really good too 😯

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Really like the sound of this, thought he was fantastic against us and can see him doing a great job when needed. I think the fans will really take to him and he won’t have the pressure of a big fee on his shoulders.

He's the type of player you watch and think "bloody hell I'd sign him" which very rarely develops into anything but this time it has lol. 

He can play anywhere in the forward line and midfield and his running stats verse us last week were higher than any of our players! It looks like Klopp has found another work horse with creative output, apparently we've been tracking him for a while but we were unsure on how Austrian performances would translate to England but I guess against us he sold Klopp on him. 

Imagine if he could be the Firmino stand in? Someone who can come in and not change our style of play! Shaqiri, Origi and this lad aren't bad back up options at all and his signing means Brewster can go on loan,hell his loan fee would cover a decent chunk of this deal!

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Looks really good in 2020! Like really good too 😯

Well show me then 😂 @Nucleus

24 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Well show me then 😂 @Nucleus

I could, but I’d be breaking all sorts of privacy laws and the like so I’d rather keep it to myself. Or you could, you know, pay me 😂😂😂

added 0 minutes later

I’ll do you a cracking deal on a screenshot plus a photo of Klopp hugging a player. Let’s call it a tenner? How does that sound?

Edited by Nucleus
12 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I could, but I’d be breaking all sorts of privacy laws and the like so I’d rather keep it to myself. Or you could, you know, pay me 😂😂😂

added 0 minutes later

I’ll do you a cracking deal on a screenshot plus a photo of Klopp hugging a player. Let’s call it a tenner? How does that sound?

I'm waiting 😛

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

Imagine if he could be the Firmino stand in?

I would say the guy playing in front of him could do better or should I say Erling Haaland

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

Imagine if he could be the Firmino stand in? Someone who can come in and not change our style of play! Shaqiri, Origi and this lad aren't bad back up options at all and his signing means Brewster can go on loan,hell his loan fee would cover a decent chunk of this deal!

Yes we’ve got some good back up options and a lot better than what most seem to think. Still slightly worried about the centre back position especially with Fabinho being out who could usually slot in there if needed. Shame we could pick up another cheap gem for there but can’t have it all.

Here he is in FMM20 along with that Hwang lad who also looked decent I thought. Anyway look at the different positions Minamino can play! I know it’s just on the game but he looks the sort that’ll be brilliant to have.

Spoiler

D831C8D0-4E68-4453-9752-77E4084C0EF1.thumb.png.bbb7bfdd12508dcac4800918e1e7b759.png
025350A5-7222-45A8-AC3E-DDDE2D5E4FC2.thumb.png.da97a4ef567f26b77dd2a41ea48d75e5.png

46 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

I would say the guy playing in front of him could do better or should I say Erling Haaland

We’ve got Big Divock who seems to do the business when required. 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Still slightly worried about the centre back position

I'm torn there as Lovren and Matip have been surprisingly good, it's just a shame Gomez has struggled for form. I'd be terrified without VVD though. 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

cheap gem for there but can’t have it all.

We got that Dutch kid in the summer but I dunno how he's developing tbf

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Here he is in FMM20

Alot better than I expected :o. Judging on that (which is obviously a little dumb) he could be the three things we need. 1. Coutinho replacement. 2. Like for like Firmino stand in (drops deep, creativity, goal threat, feeds the other two type). 3. General front three back up. 

If he takes off and is as hard working as he looks, I wonder what him and Firmino would be like, could that work rate make a 4231 viable? Minamino as the 10 and Bobby as the 9 both dropping with Salah and Mane wide? Gulp!

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Hwang lad who also looked decent 

Agreed, Minamino caught my eye more but Hwang still impressed. He's off to Wolves according to reports. 

9 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Erling Haaland

He plays nothing like Firmino though and would need a style change 😂

I love Origi and previously Sturridge but when they play/d it means we change our style, even with Origi's recent success he's often played wide with Kane through the middle to try keep our style. 

Not heard of him in real life or a FMM sense but he has to live up to the hype judging this thread! In saying that, I feel there’s players who only exist on FMM. Fabio Silva anyone?! He hasn’t been heard of in reality yet 

31 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Not heard of him in real life or a FMM sense but he has to live up to the hype judging this thread! In saying that, I feel there’s players who only exist on FMM. Fabio Silva anyone?! He hasn’t been heard of in reality yet 

Tbh I’ve heard about Fabio but someone like Bruno Guimaraes, Jonas Wind, Juan Miranda and Francisco Trincao more like it

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I dunno which of these "rumours" is funnier 😂

Screenshot_2020-01-05-00-13-20.thumb.png.b5c948648bb410194d19e0b4724e6123.png

Leicester be like “Have they just offered us £25m for Maddison?” And that’s pushing it.

The press are obsessed with swap deals.

I am amazed how little has gone through already - usually there are a lot ready to complete as soon as the window opens.