Off Topic English football

Davis

Guys I was in a rush and got it wrong, i forgot Ancelotti was at PSG unsure.gif

Mourinho to Spurs

Redknapp to England

Capello to Inter

Beintez to Real Madrid

That sound better?

And to add: the way the FA handled Capello was ridiculous. The guy is one of the best managers around. He has the bet win ratio ever for an England manager. And they try to tell him who should be the captain of his team? That's outrageous.

And now? Redknap. Nothing against him, but he is going to fail miserably. England has the same problem as usual: a squad full of overrated players and an out of this world belief that they are one of the favourites.

Agreed. The only quality players I see are Chamberlain, Wilshere and maybe Jones and Cleverley(I have my doubts)

Even if they have the quality, they won't have the quality depth Spain and Germany have.

Mourinho to Spurs

Redknapp to England

Capello to Inter

Beintez to Real Madrid

That sound better?

Again, I'll be really surprised if Capello goes to Inter, he's managed like 3 of our main rivals and I'm sure has openly said that he would never manage us before (not 100% on that though), but on the major off chance he does go to Inter I'll be seriously worried it'd be another Lippi :(

Regarding the England job whoever decides to take it will be a massive risk, as Rafa says everyone hounded Capello even though he had highest win percentage of any England manager and can't see Redknapp being a major improvement.

Mourinho to Spurs

Redknapp to England

Capello to Inter

Beintez to Real Madrid

That sound better?

Again, I'll be really surprised if Capello goes to Inter, he's managed like 3 of our main rivals and I'm sure has openly said that he would never manage us before (not 100% on that though), but on the major off chance he does go to Inter I'll be seriously worried it'd be another Lippi :(

Regarding the England job whoever decides to take it will be a massive risk, as Rafa says everyone hounded Capello even though he had highest win percentage of any England manager and can't see Redknapp being a major improvement.

I liked Capello personally, but our country are deluded and just because he did bad in the world cup they were all like oh god if he was English this wouldn't have happened. But everyone is quick to forget McClaren, also Capello's qualifying record was quality as well. I also think the FA were stupid and out of order to take Terry's captaincy without consulting him, plus i see it as innocent until proven guilty.

Thats my thought :)

THURSDAY NIGHTS ON CHANNEL 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Much better than the Champions League anyway........ ^_^ OH AND HARZARRRR! As I post this Moneybags have conceded. :D :D :D :D :D :D

With your links of Mourinho going to Spurs are all wrong. Mourinho has stated that if/when he comes back to England he would only manage Chelsea or Manchester United.

And hang on a second. I thought I read somewhere on here from Manchester United fans that Utd were going to let their youth play throughout the EL?

Looking at todays game the only youth I saw were first team regulars :lol:

With your links of Mourinho going to Spurs are all wrong. Mourinho has stated that if/when he comes back to England he would only manage Chelsea or Manchester United.

And hang on a second. I thought I read somewhere on here from Manchester United fans that Utd were going to let their youth play throughout the EL?

Looking at todays game the only youth I saw were first team regulars :lol:

I suspect, next week will be alot younger. With a big game on Saturday away at Norwich. We didn't get out customary easy FA Cup draws so we don't have a game a the weekend. So we might aswell get the job done over there and be able to rest players next week. Pogba and Clevs in the middle <3

Doubt it. I reckon Fergie will see Norwich as an easy game compared to Ajax so he will play his youth against them (Norwich) and continue his strongest side against the Dutch masterdons.

Because that is the type of thing Fergie will do.

He would see Ajax as the bigger threat compared to Norwich and will want to win both.

Even though they do have a 2 goal advantage Ajax have an incredibly strong squad despite losing Suarez and Steklenberg and could more than likely win against an understrength United team

Ollie that is complete rubbish! And You know it is! :D

Norwich away is an extremeley tricky fixture-ask Chelsea. ;)

Ajax are nothing special and the job is nearly done. And as Sam said. The title is more important than the Champions League's little Brother.

He will not play kids in a massive game like Norwich. If we were to get 6 points from Norwich away and Spurs away, even 4. We'll win the league.

I imagine the team for Ajax would be,

DDG

Fabio-Evans-Smalling-Jones

Nani-Clevs-Pog-Young

Berb-Cheech

Whereas next Saturday would be

DDG

Smalling-Evans-Ferdinand-Paddy

Nani-Carrick-Giggs/Clevs-Young

Rooney-Wellbz

The first team has more than enough to beat Ajax.

I highly doubt City will slip up next weekend anyways as they are playing Blackburn and have a flawless 12-0-0 record at home

Never said they will, But after the Two games I mentioned these are the title run ins

CIty

Swansea Away

Chelsea Home

Stoke Away

Sunderland Home

Arsenal Away

West Brom Home

Norwich Away

Wolves Away

Pride of Manchester Home

Newcastle Away

QPR Home

That's a pretty tough run in. (Away Games)

United

West Brom Home

Wolves Away

Fulham Home

Blackburn Away

QPR Home

Wigan Away

Villa Home

Everton Home

43 Years Away

Swansea Home

Sunderland Away

I know which run in I'd prefer......

Ollie that is complete rubbish! And You know it is! :D

Norwich away is an extremeley tricky fixture-ask Chelsea. ;)

Ajax are nothing special and the job is nearly done. And as Sam said. The title is more important than the Champions League's little Brother.

He will not play kids in a massive game like Norwich. If we were to get 6 points from Norwich away and Spurs away, even 4. We'll win the league.

Do you live in the same planet as me? Since when Norwich became a bigger threat then Ajax? Or are you just another Englishman? :D

Yes I do. What I mean is. We were relatively comfortable the other night. And the tie is all but won. Norwich away is one of those games where anything can happen. I'm not sure what it's like in Brazil, but over here 'little' teams away from home can be extremeley tricky. Especially when we rock up, as it's their 'Cup Final'.

Exactly my point that Rafa is making. I would be more afraid of the 4 times Champions league winners than Norwich.

Additionally now that Yaya is back for City to dominate the midfield they are less likely to drop points. But this City team has been dominant all season, even in the games they lost and will be more determined to win the league.

I would say United do have the better run in, but I just cant see them winning the league over City.

Yes I do. What I mean is. We were relatively comfortable the other night. And the tie is all but won. Norwich away is one of those games where anything can happen. I'm not sure what it's like in Brazil, but over here 'little' teams away from home can be extremeley tricky. Especially when we rock up, as it's their 'Cup Final'.

But if you play a full team of Youth against Ajax, they have more than the capability of being easily able to overrun that United team.

Exactly my point that Rafa is making. I would be more afraid of the 4 times Champions league winners than Norwich.

Additionally now that Yaya is back for City to dominate the midfield they are less likely to drop points. But this City team has been dominant all season, even in the games they lost and will be more determined to win the league.

I would say United do have the better run in, but I just cant see them winning the league over City.

But if you play a full team of Youth against Ajax, they have more than the capability of being easily able to overrun that United team.

So in that case, should we be more worried about playing Nottingham Forest than you? :huh:

It won't be fully youth. Berb, will play Young and Nani coming back from injury. However it isn't going to be first 11. And City aren't going to run away with it. I would still back us in a title race against anyone. They will get twitchy. They haven't been dominant all season. Because for 45 minutes we were the better team at Old Trafford. . You win titles grinding out results away from home. Which they have fallen short on. Ala, Baggies, Everton, Sunderland. They are not unbeatable at home. As We and Liverpool have pointed out.

Do you guys not think logically?

Who would you play a youth team against;

One of the most dominant teams in European football?

or

A team from Norwich?

Personally, I know who'd I take my chances against

Do you guys not think logically?

Who would you play a youth team against;

One of the most dominant teams in European football?

or

A team from Norwich?

Personally, I know who'd I take my chances against

Yes we do.

Premier League

Or Europa League........ Hmmmmm.

Ajax aren't world beaters anymore. The job is all but done. Berba would walk into any of the Premier League team-Bar City. If players like him are playing then we'll be fine.

TBH Ollie, Your talking complete rubbish! I'll leave it down to it being Friday yesterday. ;)

If Nottingham Forest were still the dominant force in the Top Flight then yes, but seeing as they have fallen down then no. Ajax have been consistently at the top unlike Forest.

But United and Liverpool beat City in cups not the league? A 12-0-0 record at home in the league is pretty damn impressive and they were focusing on the league more than anything else this season.

They have a formidable attack, the best defence in the league and now that Yaya is back the most controlled midfield, and it will be incredibly hard to beat them when they are determined to win the league.

And I know it wont be fully youth as those players will be played against Norwich rather than Ajax

United will be playing youth and reserves against Norwich!

First team against Ajax

And out of the games that City lost to an English team at home, I would say that the game against Liverpool was more first team than the one against United. Whereas for United and Liverpool bar Lindegaard and Spearing they were pretty much first teams for them too.

I would bet virtual money that we play our strongest team against Norwich!

And strongest team right? Are we forgetting our most influencial player?