Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Berb wouldn't get into Chelsea or Arsenal or Spurs or even Newcastle

Top Scorer in the league last season? Want to rethink that post? ;)

I will take you on with that virtual money :lol:

And Rooney?

Nope. The best Centre Back in the League.

That's the way he plays. In spain and Italy he would be adored. Unfortunatley most people are more bothered about how far someone runs than what he actually does.

Berb-Chelsea Yes

Berb-Arsenal Yes

Berb-Spurs Yes

Berb-Newcastle? :lol:

Nope. The best Centre Back in the League.

But he is at City?

And I agree with N-Chubz I would rather the attack of Sturridge Drogba or Torres than Berbatov

Plus out of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle. He would only fit into Spurs and Arsenals team as they are the only ones in need of a striker... However he could fit into Newcastle depending on whether they sell others or not.

Berbatov is one of the most overrated players. Believe me, he is not rated at all in Spain/Italy. And adding to the Ajax/Norwich debate, I just want to remind you that Basel was not long time ago.

Franco are you on about the Emile Heskey (The greatest player on the planet) of Denmark?

Nicklas Bendtner?

Of course I am, no idea what Wenger was thinking letting him go out on loan.

Honestly it is Wenger and you know what he is like with his transfer policy. Such as he let Nasri go as he wanted Champions League football. Several months down the line City are in the Europa League whereas Arsenal are still in the Champions League :lol:

You're calling Ajax a poor team?

They lost there two best players in the summer (Suarez and Stekelenburg) and yet still have the quality to back them up. Be it they are not doing well in there league at the moment. Whereas the champions league is concerned if they were not put in a group with Madrid and Lyon they would have had a stronger chance of getting through the group stages.

Whereas Manchester United were in a group which they could have easily won. But did they? No, they lost and drew to Basle and drew both games against Benfica... United could have easily won that group but because Fergie and his players took it lightly it cost him and placed him in the Europa League. He would want to win against Ajax so he will play his strongest XI

No offence Ollie but you are talking bollocks, which competition do you think Fergie cares about more, and wants to win more? I would say the Premier League especially when it is so close against one of their biggest rivals.

And I do agree they should have qualified from their group, but I just can't see Ajax scoring three goals at Old Trafford regardless of if he puts his strongest team out or makes adjustments in favour of the youth/reserves.

31st December 2011

Man Utd 2 - 3 Blackburn

Despite Injuries to Ferdinand, Vidic and Rooney played his strongest team possible

Be it not 3 goals but;

30th November 2011

Man Utd 1 - 2 Crystal Palace

Expected the win. Still played Evans, Smalling, Fabio, Rafael, Park, Valencia, Berb. All of which rotate in his starting XI

22nd November 2011

Man Utd 2 - 2 Benfica

Strongest XI bar Rooney, still conceded 2

23rd October 2011

Man Utd 1 - 6 Manchester City

You remember this don't you? You remember the team Fergie put out? Yes? Well guess what bar an injured Vidic his strongest XI

27th October 2011

Man Utd 3 - 3 FC Basel

Expected to win this... Played out his strongest XI

The only other time a team has scored 2 or more at Old Trafford this season is the 8-2 win Utd had over Arsenal.

I do believe that with results like these from top to low teams, Ajax have the potential of causing yet another upset in United's season.

Fergie will want to win at least one title this season. Even if it is not the EPL, the only other one is Europa League. He will play his strongest XI to get this.

I watch football, I follow football, I read football... I know football!

So basically you are just picking out United's slip-ups at home this season and explaining if he put his strongest team out?

Fine okay then, if he puts his strongest XI out v Ajax, he's going to play reserves v Norwich and potentially go three points behind City again?

So basically you are just picking out United's slip-ups at home this season and explaining if he put his strongest team out?

Fine okay then, if he puts his strongest XI out v Ajax, he's going to play reserves v Norwich and potentially go three points behind City again?

Well yes, that's my point. Even though it was the strongest team, it still cost him certain points/games?

Fergie will want to win both, but with those slip ups this season he will not want to take any more chances by playing a reserve side in Europe. Whereas he is more likely to take that risk against Norwich who are not as strong as Ajax

I don't think he can take the risk since if he messes up in either Europe or the League he could end up loosing everything which would result in a poor season for "the biggest club" in England

I don't understand why teams see an opportunity to play there youngsters against rubbish teams. If they are rubbish, that should make it easy for your stronger players to make a massive impact.

If they never when would youngster play?

Suarez is just epic, just seen in the paper that he's going to the Ajax match to cheer on his former side....what a living legend!!

They lost there two best players in the summer (Suarez and Stekelenburg) and yet still have the quality to back them up. Be it they are not doing well in there league at the moment. Whereas the champions league is concerned if they were not put in a group with Madrid and Lyon they would have had a stronger chance of getting through the group stages.

Whereas Manchester United were in a group which they could have easily won. But did they? No, they lost and drew to Basle and drew both games against Benfica... United could have easily won that group but because Fergie and his players took it lightly it cost him and placed him in the Europa League. He would want to win against Ajax so he will play his strongest XI

They are a poor team, apart from Eriksen, De Jong, van der wiel and Vertonghen the rest of the team is full of youngsters or players that aren't good enough to play in better leagues.

I'm not judging that on the United game, i've seen them play a few times this season.

They are a poor team, apart from Eriksen, De Jong, van der wiel and Vertonghen the rest of the team is full of youngsters or players that aren't good enough to play in better leagues.

I'm not judging that on the United game, i've seen them play a few times this season.

I would have to disagree with you there Scott. Those players you just picked out are the ones who get talked about everytime because they play international etc.... They have other great players like Anita (right/left back), Toby Alderweireld a strong defender (Centre-Back), great youngster Lorenzo Ebecilio (Forward) and others like Sulejmani. Also sometimes Eriksen and De Jong aren't always first teamers.

I would have to disagree with you there Scott. Those players you just picked out are the ones who get talked about everytime because they play international etc.... They have other great players like Anita (right/left back), Toby Alderweireld a strong defender (Centre-Back), great youngster Lorenzo Ebecilio (Forward) and others like Sulejmani. Also sometimes Eriksen and De Jong aren't always first teamers.

I agree with you about everyone but Sulejmani, everytime time i've seen him play he has been terrible :lol: I forgot about Theo Janssen aswell :unsure: