Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

My uncle was a glory hunter as a child back in the 70’s when Leeds had a really strong team but I guess you can’t call his sons that as they’ve just really supported through the last 15 or so years. 

I know plenty of them, we had our time in late 90's, early 00's. I've been down to the like of Luton town, when we was 5:1 down but we still chanted. I've seen champions league football to starting the league 1 campaign with -15 points. You win some you lose some, but that's football, look at Pompei, 2008 fa cup winners to playing league 1 football, same with Sunderland and now Bolton. Such a shame that these owners and many of them don't have a clue about English football

20 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Didn’t know you were related to @BatiGoal Ian?!

Haha, I suppose I’m also a glory hunter but I’m proud of it.😀

18 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

I know plenty of them, we had our time in late 90's, early 00's. I've been down to the like of Luton town, when we was 5:1 down but we still chanted. I've seen champions league football to starting the league 1 campaign with -15 points. You win some you lose some, but that's football, look at Pompei, 2008 fa cup winners to playing league 1 football, same with Sunderland and now Bolton. Such a shame that these owners and many of them don't have a clue about English football

Yeah I remember those years well and the run to the Champions League Semis. Horrible the years after that and it’s the supporters I feel for when stuff like that happens. 

They have been to a good few games at Elland Road but they haven’t been to any away games but I know you have a great away following and even when you were in League One.

33 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Haha, I suppose I’m also a glory hunter but I’m proud of it.😀

Yeah I remember those years well and the run to the Champions League Semis. Horrible the years after that and it’s the supporters I feel for when stuff like that happens. 

They have been to a good few games at Elland Road but they haven’t been to any away games but I know you have a great away following and even when you were in League One.

Yeah absolutely, we have many fickle fans flocking back to us now after years of doom n gloom. No matter where we are I will always back my team 100 percent. Tome wasn't built in a day. I hope liverpool win the title this year  they have not been in the limelight for a few years so hopefully the good times are back for them

This might be major name dropping but for 3 weeks i was at Lilleshall with Alan Smith. We shared the same dorm room.

He was a top player even then, we were both 13 at the time and he knew he was good aswell.

33 minutes ago, Woody said:

This might be major name dropping but for 3 weeks i was at Lilleshall with Alan Smith. We shared the same dorm room.

He was a top player even then, we were both 13 at the time and he knew he was good aswell.

I take it you were a great footballer yourself woody?

2 hours ago, 1759 said:

I take it you were a great footballer yourself woody?

No mate. It never worked out. 

I was reasonable 😂

All this talk of Man Utd playing the kids against Man City in the week. Well they couldn’t do any worse than this shambles could they!

Am I right in thinking that the club gave Jones and Smalling new contracts this season?

18 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Everton 4 - 0 Man U

Hahahahahhahbahahhaha

Doesn't bode well for us now seeming as United are going to want to win even more now on Wednesday...

1 minute ago, Zakan said:

Doesn't bode well for us now seeming as United are going to want to win even more now on Wednesday...

Yes but wanting to win and being able to win are two different things.

Some United fans don't even want to win on Wednesday. Absolute disgrace imo, I can understand why they'd prefer City to win the league than Liverpool but not as much as wanting to lose to their city rivals ffs.

26 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Benteke 😮

Yeah, RIP me

added 0 minutes later
27 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Some United fans don't even want to win on Wednesday. Absolute disgrace imo, I can understand why they'd prefer City to win the league than Liverpool but not as much as wanting to lose to their city rivals ffs.

Exactly they’re just glory hunters from Fergie’s days. 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

I want to beat City, so long as there’s a chance of us getting top 4 I can’t see why anybody wouldn’t want to beat them! Arsenal have failed to take advantage of our fuck up today by the looks of it so it’s still there for the taking imo

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's match already. Great night in store for United fans.

City win = Title race over

United win or draw = United hand the title to Liverpool and level the number of titles back up again 😂

Professional performance from our boys.😀 Just need to try and win our games but I won’t give up even if City win on Wednesday as I think Leicester and Burnley have just as much chance of taking points off City as United have.

Edited by 1759
7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's match already. Great night in store for United fans.

City win = Title race over

United win or draw = United hand the title to Liverpool and level the number of titles back up again 😂

I'm not giving up until after the Leicester match, that's the last iffy game I think. 

I won't lie my belief has dropped after City got passed Spurs and in truth I don't see United doing anything but we've got to hope and believe at this point. 

If it's in our hands the Wolves game is my only concern, especially As we made Newcastle safe today so they'll roll over right @Woody 😂

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm not giving up until after the Leicester match, that's the last iffy game I think. 

I won't lie my belief has dropped after City got passed Spurs and in truth I don't see United doing anything but we've got to hope and believe at this point. 

If it's in our hands the Wolves game is my only concern, especially As we made Newcastle safe today so they'll roll over right @Woody 😂

More than likely mate. Were safe now so i dont care 😆

As long we beat Brighton.....id hate to lose to a side who hasnt scored for 6 games.

Edited by Woody

Just seen the Liverpool highlights.

• Allison is shit.
  • Cardiff are shit.
  • I’d fancy my chances of skinning TAA 100% of the time on the wing.
  • All you can do is laugh at the penalty decision.
  • And finally... What a fucking miss from Morrison :O

Allison is shit.

Makes those saves though 😛

I’d fancy my chances of skinning TAA 100% of the time on the wing.

He was dreadful tbh, his defensive awareness can be shocking! 

All you can do is laugh at the penalty decision.

Slightly soft but a pen all day long, yeah Salah fell to the floor but that's because refs don't give them if you stay on your feet...Ever. The CB simply shouldn't give the attacker the opportunity, if he's not beat hugging him he can't dive. 

What a fucking miss from Morrison

I was in shock myself, I couldn't believe it!

I’ll admit that Salah has gone down rather easily on a number of occasions this season (no more than a lot of others mind) but that was a stonewall penalty for me today and I think it’s a penalty in any era.

If a defender is going to go for strength then he goes shoulder to shoulder from the start and if that’s not possible he blocks the shot or pass but that was stupid defending today. Totally agree that it’s a lot harder today to be a defender than it was in the past mind.

37 minutes ago, Rob said:

Bit of a shame that Salah has to dive to get awarded the pen. 

Yeah for me that is a prime example of when it’s ok to dive as he’s been fouled for about 5 seconds before he finally went down and wasn’t going to get it by staying up.

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

Yeah for me that is a prime example of when it’s ok to dive as he’s been fouled for about 5 seconds before he finally went down and wasn’t going to get it by staying up.

Thats the point, the penalty wasn't given due to him hitting the deck as such but for the foul which meant he dived, he was clearly fouled and anywhere else on the pitch that would be blown up but in the box unless you hit the floor It's ignored. The one should have been given a few seconds before he dived but those are never given without throwing yourself to the floor. 

If Salah/players got given the fouls when he stays on their feet they wouldn't dive as much, Salah is so often clipped and tripped but stays up and it's play on, so he's basically forced to dive. Like i said 90% of the time the foul is ignored until the dive, the dive just convinces the ref that if it's a bad call the player takes the heat imo. 

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If Salah/players got given the fouls when he stays on their feet they wouldn't dive as much, Salah is so often clipped and tripped but stays up and it's play on, so he's basically forced to dive. Like i said 90% of the time the foul is ignored until the dive, the dive just convinces the ref that if it's a bad call the player takes the heat imo. 

I agree, if there's contact in the box made by a defender without getting the ball it's a foul but players have to go down nowadays to get it, there's nothing wrong with having the intent to go down when you're fouled

I think its more of how they go down.

They would easy get a job in panto after football 😆

It was a foul and a penalty but Salah went down very theatrically thats the difference for me but like i said no argument with the decision.

Liverpool for the title!