Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

6 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yeah I’m hoping that it’s just a tiny thing and they just don’t want to risk it. I can see Sturridge having a decent game against these tonight tbh.

I'm a massive Sturridge fan so I hope he delivers 

Asked about social media rumours Firmino could be out for the rest of the season, Klopp told BBC Sport: "Do not believe 3% of what is on social media! Roberto Firmino is not out for the rest of the season. After training he felt it a little bit and this morning he still felt it. It's a small tear but it's Bobby so I would say it is likely he is fit for Barcelona because he is a machine. It's good we showed we can play without him."

I love Klopp

Poor game last night between two terrible teams, with one just taking their chances.

I jest. I’m glad Liverpool ripped them apart. A bit of pressure on City now with two of their main four players out injured.

Delighted to see them Ox back too. Shame he didn’t manage to score.

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Learn a new chant you inbred wankers Fuck off Pompey Pompey Fuck off!

How many draws you boys got this season Sam? 

We were poor today missing the players out injured.

15 hours ago, Woody said:

How many draws you boys got this season Sam? 

19 draws! If we’d turned just 4 or 5 of those into wins (should have been more) we’d be home and dry now.

Just now, Nucleus said:

Thoughts on Leeds/Villa incident today?

I thought that Leeds did the right thing in the end, but they should never have played on from the injury.

Was watching EFl on Quest last night though, and I have to say, i loved Sheffield United and Norwich for a few minutes there. Everything, from the squad to the manager to the owners to the transfers to the fans has been amazing. Just hope they stay up next season.

Leeds bottled it. Play to the whistle, no rule saying you have to kick the ball out. Unless it's a head injury the referee doesn't have to stop the game. Football isn't about making friends.

It was very very poor sportsmanship, BUT Villa should have played to the whistle and not assume that they were going to kick the ball out! That’s just poor defending in my opinion. 

added 0 minutes later

Exaclty ☝🏻

1 minute ago, Gunners Rishi said:

but they should never have played on from the injury.

Why? It's the refs decision. We've seen players fake injuries to interrupt matches before. 

However if the opposition kicked it out for you I can see an element of sportsmanship in that being the unwritten rule of the match. 

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Leeds bottled it. Play to the whistle, no rule saying you have to kick the ball out. Unless it's a head injury the referee doesn't have to stop the game. Football isn't about making friends.

Sam with the incredible sportsmanship there, 😝 

Just now, samhardy said:

Wish Jansson had clattered the cunt who was allowed through instead of the half arsed challenge

😂Sam it now looks like I make a joke about sportsmanship and u ignore me to be even less of a sportsman

Just now, Gunners Rishi said:

😂Sam it now looks like I make a joke about sportsmanship and u ignore me to be even less of a sportsman

To be honest if when watching football sportsmanship is the thing that's most important to you then I would recommend stopping watching it.

15 minutes ago, samhardy said:

To be honest if when watching football sportsmanship is the thing that's most important to you then I would recommend stopping watching it.

It’s not, trust me it’s not. That said, it’s always nice to see sportsmanship in the game. I don’t care if ppl play like bastards, that sometimes makes it more fun, but I do like sportsmanship. Be classy Sam, be classy...

11 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

It’s not, trust me it’s not. That said, it’s always nice to see sportsmanship in the game. I don’t care if ppl play like bastards, that sometimes makes it more fun, but I do like sportsmanship. Be classy Sam, be classy...

We clearly have massively differing views on watching football then as I couldn’t give two shits about sportsmanship, if my team are winning by shithousing and making no friends in the game then that’s fine by me. “Going about the game the right way” is one of the sayings that annoys me the most about football as every team has a different way of playing and everyone has a different way of winning. Football is a results business not a popularity contest.

Example - Luton this season have been some of the biggest shithouses I’ve ever seen in football. Looks like they’re going to get promoted and fair play to them. I doubt their fans or players care about sportsmanship.

How can Sterling win young POTY?

Obviously he's clearly been the best player out of the nominees but come on he shouldn't really be nominated. He's 24, played Premier League football for 6/7 seasons and one of the leading players for England.

The age cut off point should be 21 or just change it to "breakthrough" of the year. Completely pointless award.

19 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Obviously he's clearly been the best player out of the nominees but come on he shouldn't really be nominated. He's 24, played Premier League football for 6/7 seasons and one of the leading players for England.

The age cut off point should be 21 or just change it to "breakthrough" of the year. Completely pointless award.

Yeah can’t understand it at all, definitely should be under 22’s only imo. Seems to be a thing in this country in these times where players are young forever. I mean Lingard is often cited as being young but he’s 26. 

No disrespect to Sterling though who’s been fantastic.

10 hours ago, samhardy said:

Exactly 

added 0 minutes later
2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Daily Mail: Selfish Raheem Sterling wins Young Player of the Year award

😂 

12 hours ago, samhardy said:

We clearly have massively differing views on watching football then as I couldn’t give two shits about sportsmanship, if my team are winning by shithousing and making no friends in the game then that’s fine by me. “Going about the game the right way” is one of the sayings that annoys me the most about football as every team has a different way of playing and everyone has a different way of winning. Football is a results business not a popularity contest.

Example - Luton this season have been some of the biggest shithouses I’ve ever seen in football. Looks like they’re going to get promoted and fair play to them. I doubt their fans or players care about sportsmanship.

Ok I feel I should just clear this up, in my opinion,

shithouse - good

sportsmanship -more good

I love Luton Sam, I really admire the way they’ve played because of the success that’s came with it. I just like even more to see them playing like gents.

10 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

shithouse - good

sportsmanship -more good

Shithouse - Good

Sportsmanship - Naive

10 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

I just like even more to see them playing like gents.

They don't though 😂

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

It might be worth staying off Vibe tomorrow 😯

Screenshot_2019-04-30-22-25-53.thumb.png.d0c5f3bf20b45cf5c06408761dd1a32c.png

Lost 2-1 at the death

But the stats 

Screenshot_2019-04-30-22-27-00.thumb.png.ad92214df5d3b50dde14f2721e5e4ea0.png

Those must be the half time not-updated stats as they definitely had more than 1 shot and we had a succession of 3 corners on the bounce near the end.