Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Thats Dan Ashworth for ya!

Probably told the chairman Brighton can get into Europe and he believed him.

Id have Hughton back at Newcastle if Rafa goes.

Edited by Woody

WTH have they done at Brighton? Jesus, they can go get relegated next season the idiots

CORRECTION: he deserved it, where was that Champions League Trophy at the Amex this year 

Edited by Gunners Rishi
36 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Game of the season by far. It's like a basketball match!

Yh

added 0 minutes later

That Chip to win the game tho. Football never disappoints

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Pulis sacked by Boro... your thoughts @smoggy90? Everything I’ve heard from Boro fans over the last few months suggests that it’ll be party time after this news tbh.

Celebrating today mate as will most Boro fans, football has been dross. Scored 49 goals in 46 games and knocked out the cups by Burton and Newport.

He's been banging on about how he's sorted our finances out and worked on a budget but last summer he spunked £20m on Aden Flint, George Saville and Paddy McNair.

Be interesting who gets in next, Woodgate is the budget choice, local lad and has been working on the coaching staff for a while. Or Michael Reizeger is a left field one i quite like, former player and has been doing a good job with Ajax second team apparently.

For now though just very glad to see the back of Pulis.

36 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Celebrating today mate as will most Boro fans, football has been dross. Scored 49 goals in 46 games and knocked out the cups by Burton and Newport.

He's been banging on about how he's sorted our finances out and worked on a budget but last summer he spunked £20m on Aden Flint, George Saville and Paddy McNair.

Be interesting who gets in next, Woodgate is the budget choice, local lad and has been working on the coaching staff for a while. Or Michael Reizeger is a left field one i quite like, former player and has been doing a good job with Ajax second team apparently.

For now though just very glad to see the back of Pulis.

Pardew?? 😅😅😅

If you believe the odds then Woodgate is miles ahead already and odds on with most bookies.

The list doesn’t look very inspiring atm I have to say with Sol Campbell, Phil Neville, Pardeaux and... David Moyes in the top 10 😂

Worth a look at Hughton maybe? Unless he’s set to join WBA

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

If you believe the odds then Woodgate is miles ahead already and odds on with most bookies.

The list doesn’t look very inspiring atm I have to say with Sol Campbell, Phil Neville, Pardeaux and... David Moyes in the top 10 😂

Worth a look at Hughton maybe? Unless he’s set to join WBA

3 hours ago, Woody said:

Pardew?? 😅😅😅

I’d be happy with hughton tbh, he’s got pedigree with getting teams out of the championship. The majority of the rest are like a who’s who of failed managers 😂 

No thanks to pardew mate 😂 

If hughton goes to wba I wouldn’t be against giving the cowley brothers a shot, done a fantastic job at Lincoln and someone soon has to try them at a higher level, why not us. 

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

I’d be happy with hughton tbh, he’s got pedigree with getting teams out of the championship. The majority of the rest are like a who’s who of failed managers 😂 

No thanks to pardew mate 😂 

If hughton goes to wba I wouldn’t be against giving the cowley brothers a shot, done a fantastic job at Lincoln and someone soon has to try them at a higher level, why not us. 

Cowleys are a good shout.

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

They're obsessed!

Screenshot_2019-05-18-10-39-39.thumb.png.232a373a6193e804cb247d5747373692.png

Jesus I’m shocked that more neutrals were with me backing Liverpool instead of supporting some playground plastics

Serious question with no right or wrong answer but I'm curious. Does anyone think Fergie could have competed with Pep and Klopp? If he never left and didn't let the playing staff stagnate obviously. 

Just thinking that Pep is smashing records left right and centre while Klopp also beat Fergie's best points total. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Pep

No chance, Pep’s the best there’s ever been. His record proves that

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Klopp

Not even fit to lace his boots! Apart from a lot of points what’s he achieved? Nothing is what. Sure you’re building something and that’s great for you I get it, but suggesting Fergie couldn’t keep up with Klopp is laughable 😂

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Serious question with no right or wrong answer but I'm curious. Does anyone think Fergie could have competed with Pep and Klopp? If he never left and didn't let the playing staff stagnate obviously. 

Just thinking that Pep is smashing records left right and centre while Klopp also beat Fergie's best points total. 

Emphatically yes

There wasn't anything the whisky nosed twat failed to adapt to during his managerial career. Winning titles with players who had no right to win them. Throw his shithousery into the mix as well which Pep and Klopp couldn't match.

I cannot stand him but Fergie is still the best manager I've ever seen.

Fergie got 89 points and walked away, we've just had a 97 and 98 point season with City getting 100 last year. That's some difference considering that's hardly any dropped points. 

Like this year it would likely depend on the H2Hs which Fergie is excellent at. Yet he struggled with Mourinho at times and amazingly Pep is even better. 

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Emphatically yes

There wasn't anything the whisky nosed twat failed to adapt to during his managerial career. Winning titles with players who had no right to win them.

I cannot stand him but Fergie is still the best manager I've ever seen.

That's basically where I am. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Fergie got 89 points and walked away, we've just had a 97 and 98 point season with City getting 100 last year. That's some difference considering that's hardly any dropped points. 

The thing about that though, is in terms of the "outside the top 6" teams, the top flight has rarely been weaker than what it is currently.

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yet he struggled with Mourinho at times

He struggled against Mourinho when he arrived, but he went on and built a team that won three league titles on the bounce and a Champions League on top

Just now, samhardy said:

The thing about that though, is in terms of the "outside the top 6" teams, the top flight has rarely been weaker than what it is currently.

That's a good take, I think City and Liverpool got themselves into positions where the opposition were too scared to come at them which is a Fergie trait. 

Fergie has years on these two so I find it surprising how much better seasons they've had, Pep especially as his points tally is unreal. 

The first to get the treble as well, that's a mental stat.

Just now, Nucleus said:

He struggled against Mourinho when he arrived, but he went on and built a team that won three league titles on the bounce and a Champions League on top

For sure but Pep is a different monster. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Difficult one to answer and I’d almost say impossible to compare things from different eras but I’ll have a go. Pep is great and done magnificent at Barca which people often underestimate as Barca always flattered to deceive during most of their history yet he got them to dominate Europe even if he did have a fabulous golden generation of players at the time.

People forget that Fergie took Aberdeen and broke up the old firm which was probably just as great as anything he did at Man Utd. I always hated Fergie when he was at Utd but always respected him. Best manager I’ve seen in my lifetime and probably ever will.

It’s no surprise mind that Man Utd wanted Klopp to replace him as he has got that something for me and this idea that Klopp hasn’t done anything is just nonsense as winning the German league twice against Bayern is a decent achievement and I’m not sure anybody could do better than what he has at Liverpool in recent years. 

Still out of the three managers I just think Pep would struggle at lesser sides but again I may be wrong. 

The points totals we are seeing at the top points to a weaker league which I hope isn’t the start of a massive divide between top to bottom.

Anyway I think prime Fergie would be able to deal with anything but age must’ve got to him a bit towards the end and he made the right decision to get out when he did.