Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

You’re playing City dude.

So did Southampton. It frustrates me that we sit on the edge of our box and just invite them on to us. 

Surely we can do more than surrender? 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

When will Bruce learn!!!!

I actually agree as although they can pummel anyone they’ve also lost nine league games this season so can be got at so any team that doesn’t give it a good shot will be disappointed as we were last week.

Thats the point though Sam. I know we are playing Man City but you cant play like that its suicide. We played the same way in the cup.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Thats the point though Sam. I know we are playing Man City but you cant play like that its suicide. We played the same way in the cup.

I’m not really on about style of play, I’m talking about your unfair attitude towards Bruce. So quick to criticise when you get a bad result yet I can’t remember ever seeing you praise him after a win.

It’s obvious that you never wanted him from the start like most Newcastle fans which is fair enough if that’s your opinion but you decided then and there that he was going to do a bad job and you’ve never given him a chance. When actually the bloke has inherited what is a bang average squad for the division (arguably worse than last season without Rondon up front) it’s in and is comfortably going to finish in mid table.

When Bruce does leave which will inevitably be soon the fans should be embarrassed at the way they’ve treated him. The problem is the entitled and arrogant fanbase like I said the other day who think Newcastle are a much bigger club than what they actually are. You have no given right to be challenging for Europe or whatever especially with the squad you have at the moment, it’s a decent sized twat of a club that has the media firmly lodged up its arse and nothing more than that.

Ok. I may of upset you somehow.

I've never disliked Bruce. True i wasn't overly excited by his appointment but he is a Geordie and he loves the club.

My gripe is how he plays sometimes. We beat Man City earlier in the season and he played a 433 that time so he knows we can do it. He seems to roll over against better sides and he doesnt need to do that. We have capable players. I'm not naive, we will probably still lose but i dont want to watch a game where we are camped on our own 18 yard box for 90 mins with only 18% possession.

It is a better team than last year granted and we are only a mid table team and i know that.

I dont think we have a god given right to be in Europe but we are a big club(just not at the moment).

I'm more than happy for him to stay on he deserves to have a crack at it once hopefully the money comes in. 

I honestly dont think the majority of the fans think we are bigger than we are. We are where we are because of an twat of an owner. Hopefully we will be better in the future and if Bruce is there to do that then i'm happy for that to be so.

@Woody

Not upset, just confused. Even more so after your last reply if I’m honest. 

51 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm more than happy for him to stay on he deserves to have a crack at it once hopefully the money comes in.

Get behind the guy then instead of the outrage when there’s a bad performance. Pitchforks when there’s a shocker yet isn’t that your first defeat in the league since the restart? I just think if you are going to be so heavily critical for performances like that you should also give credit where it’s due as you just seem to ignore the good results and performances. Take this for example:

56 minutes ago, Woody said:

He seems to roll over against better sides and he doesnt need to do that.

This statement is completely untrue. Just a look through your results proves that. All these results are from this season in the league.

5FFB8DE4-B6B6-48EC-A4EE-23842C5CA1B4.thumb.jpeg.5eaa3ef01615ce27afb3799a04e8d323.jpeg

6246B640-98B7-4EF9-B55F-1002303FEBE8.thumb.jpeg.c75f8e68d89b3691e906a1b8e13b675d.jpeg

EEF2EEC7-DB2B-4709-B85B-15BD8D1C4552.thumb.jpeg.ca479a2aace8b4cc421bdf9b731f1cfe.jpeg

FE6D458E-E575-4B9A-A5CF-E66614524F1D.thumb.jpeg.5f6705921252aec24ecc8f886e283847.jpeg

Defeats to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. That’s an overall record of 3W 1D 5L against the so called “big 6”. Any team in the bottom half of the table would be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

but i dont want to watch a game where we are camped on our own 18 yard box for 90 mins with only 18% possession.

This is fair enough. Why no criticism of Rafa last season when he did exactly the same though?

And you are a decent sized club not a big club. Mid table in the Premier League is about right for where you should be.

When Rafa had his bad run at the start of last season i was frustrated just as much as i am now.

We got lucky in a few of those games Sam. Granted they ended up great results in the end. 😂

We dont deserve to be any higher than we are, this team is where it should be, i dont think otherwise. I just get frustrated when i see games like the 2 Man City games. He has done it before against other sides and he doesnt need to, we aren't on a bad run so make more of an effort.

Southampton didnt and they capitalised on the great run they are on.  Thats whats bothers me.

I do want Bruce to succeed and hopefully he will.

Problem is everyone critises there own clubs rightly or wrongly. We just want the best for them.

7 hours ago, samhardy said:

@Woody

Why no criticism of Rafa last season when he did exactly the same though?

Have to agree with this , some football under Rafa was so negative especially at home at times against teams in the bottom six , yes I do thoroughly believe we would be top 8 this season if Rafa was given funds to spend and we had kept Rondon and Perez BUT Bruce has to be given credit , yes some of the football this season has been like watching paint dry with the lowest amount of possession and hardly any goals scored but he has got us comfortably midtable and is going to beat the points total Rafa got us in the premier League , Bruce ain't the man to take us to the next level if the takeover happens but he can hold his head high as he's totally exceeded expectations at the start of the season 

16 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Have to agree with this , some football under Rafa was so negative especially at home at times against teams in the bottom six , yes I do thoroughly believe we would be top 8 this season if Rafa was given funds to spend and we had kept Rondon and Perez BUT Bruce has to be given credit , yes some of the football this season has been like watching paint dry with the lowest amount of possession and hardly any goals scored but he has got us comfortably midtable and is going to beat the points total Rafa got us in the premier League , Bruce ain't the man to take us to the next level if the takeover happens but he can hold his head high as he's totally exceeded expectations at the start of the season 

Agree also. He has done far btter than i thought he would.

I just see teams like Southampton give Man City a game and i know we have the players to give it a go too. Not saying we would of won but a good effort would of gone a long way.

I think it was the cup tie that did it for me we should of gone for it.

Do you think this Poch rumor is true?

I doubt it myself.

Just now, Woody said:

Agree also. He has done far btter than i thought he would.

I just see teams like Southampton give Man City a game and i know we have the players to give it a go too. Not saying we would of won but a good effort would of gone a long way.

I think it was the cup tie that did it for me we should of gone for it.

Do you think this Poch rumor is true?

I doubt it myself.

Did you watch the Southampton game fully? After they scored the goal it was pretty much back against wall performance for rest of the game , you go on the front foot against Man City you get battered , we went 4 at back didn't set up negatively we just handed everything to them on a plate and played so poorly , Bentaleb was shocking , the games we played against big teams and got results we played Deep and countered similar to when Rafa was here , yes it's frustrating but I do believe the cup game was a better performance than last night , if only Gayle had put that chance away! 

Under Ashley we stick with Bruce but with the takeover if it does happen ( which is dubious ) yes I do believe Poch will come to us , would be a good project for him , he's never actually won a trophy so him coming to a club like us ain't actually too big of a ask! 

Just can't wait to actually be able to go to the games again and make use of me season ticket 

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

Did you watch the Southampton game fully? After they scored the goal it was pretty much back against wall performance for rest of the game , you go on the front foot against Man City you get battered , we went 4 at back didn't set up negatively we just handed everything to them on a plate and played so poorly , Bentaleb was shocking , the games we played against big teams and got results we played Deep and countered similar to when Rafa was here , yes it's frustrating but I do believe the cup game was a better performance than last night , if only Gayle had put that chance away! 

Under Ashley we stick with Bruce but with the takeover if it does happen ( which is dubious ) yes I do believe Poch will come to us , would be a good project for him , he's never actually won a trophy so him coming to a club like us ain't actually too big of a ask! 

Just can't wait to actually be able to go to the games again and make use of me season ticket 

Bentaleb is hopeless. Looks good on the ball sometimes but thats it.

I did watch Southampton and i thought they gave it a good go tbf. Thats all i want to see from us. It aint all Bruce's fault as some of the players need to take a look at them selves sometimes.

I guess i'm just frustrated with it all and like you said it will just be great to watch them again.

Fingers crossed someone buys the club soon but who knows whats happening on that front and if it will bring success.

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Bentaleb is hopeless. Looks good on the ball sometimes but thats it.

I did watch Southampton and i thought they gave it a good go tbf. Thats all i want to see from us. It aint all Bruce's fault as some of the players need to take a look at them selves sometimes.

I guess i'm just frustrated with it all and like you said it will just be great to watch them again.

Fingers crossed someone buys the club soon but who knows whats happening on that front and if it will bring success.

Honestly don't know what to expect , they've clearly got a lot of money but they may run it as a smart investment , they certainly will not be spending the likes of money city do but will surely be more ambitious than Ashley , when Pardew got us 5th and we only bought Anita the following summer that's the reason we are where we are now , failure to progress then is the reason for years weve been also rans

12 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Honestly don't know what to expect , they've clearly got a lot of money but they may run it as a smart investment , they certainly will not be spending the likes of money city do but will surely be more ambitious than Ashley , when Pardew got us 5th and we only bought Anita the following summer that's the reason we are where we are now , failure to progress then is the reason for years weve been also rans

I really hope it works out mate. Its been far too long since we had a good squad.

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

I really hope it works out mate. Its been far too long since we had a good squad.

We just going to have to see aren't we , at least you've saw the days of Keegans entertainers and title challenges , I've had to witness Souness , Allardyce , Kinnear , Pardew , Carver and Mclaren!!!

3 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

We just going to have to see aren't we , at least you've saw the days of Keegans entertainers and title challenges , I've had to witness Souness , Allardyce , Kinnear , Pardew , Carver and Mclaren!!!

@Woody was around at the time of Andy Cunningham.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

@Woody was around at the time of Andy Cunningham.

That was naughty 😂

I lived through bloody Ardilles....that was bad enough

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Ashez @Ian these types of records are only for the big clubs :P

45EF5540-5BB1-44AF-BCBC-49ABC969B85D.thumb.jpeg.3fd36046b4cd193d2228b06f3f7f5330.jpeg

Just a decade before the time yous beat us 9-1 which a lot of mackems still like to talk about haha , jokes aside that's a crazy stat that like @samhardy

Edited by AdamNufc
6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Ashez @Ian these types of records are only for the big clubs :P

45EF5540-5BB1-44AF-BCBC-49ABC969B85D.thumb.jpeg.3fd36046b4cd193d2228b06f3f7f5330.jpeg

I saw that tweet, decided against sharing it 😛

If referee's could do their job we'd still have ours tbh. 

Just now, Ashez said:

I saw that tweet, decided against sharing it 😛

If referee's could do their job we'd still have ours tbh. 

Do you think it was a penalty? At full speed it looks a stonewall penalty but watching the replays the Burnley player does get the slightest of touches , unless your on about the offside which was not an offside which led to the Burnley goal from the free kick 

30 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Do you think it was a penalty? At full speed it looks a stonewall penalty but watching the replays the Burnley player does get the slightest of touches , unless your on about the offside which was not an offside which led to the Burnley goal from the free kick 

1. Penalty claim on Salah - He's blatantly pulled back and knocked off balance

2. Their Goal - Was never a free kick and Fabinho was held down in the box 

3. Robbo penalty claim - Inconclusive if he got a touch tbf, if he did though he also made sure to clear Robbo out with his second foot. If Robbo wasn't floored he'd have still got on the end of the ball after "his touch" but he was taken out after the ball was played. A tight iffy one I agree. 

The second kick is almost a separate challenge as he doesn't even play the ball, it's a deliberate action that's not been judged correctly. 

Anyway I was on about their goal but we had two penalty shouts which "could have been given." 

Screenshot_20200711_191032_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.aa7a7bf5d2213e93484865db76392611.jpg

We've had 5 penalties this season with a front free always in the box who're known for speed and tricks yet Salah "goes down easy" even though he's practically assaulted every week and nothing is given. Yet United have had 13 penalties? With alot of them being soft.

It's just an odd thing in sport, but you can see referees are over doubting to not allow the crowd/location impact their decision, which unfortunately is still the case without fans.  

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

1. Penalty claim on Salah - He's blatantly pulled back and knocked off balance

2. Their Goal - Was never a free kick and Fabinho was held down in the box 

3. Robbo penalty claim - Inconclusive if he got a touch tbf, if he did though he also made sure to clear Robbo out with his second foot. If Robbo wasn't floored he'd have still got on the end of the ball after "his touch" but he was taken out after the ball was played. A tight iffy one I agree. 

The second kick is almost a separate challenge as he doesn't even play the ball, it's a deliberate action that's not been judged correctly. 

Anyway I was on about their goal but we had two penalty shouts which "could have been given." 

Screenshot_20200711_191032_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.aa7a7bf5d2213e93484865db76392611.jpg

We've had 5 penalties this season with a front free always in the box who're known for speed and tricks yet Salah "goes down easy" even though he's practically assaulted every week and nothing is given. Yet United have had 13 penalties? With alot of them being soft.

It's just an odd thing in sport, but you can see referees are over doubting to not allow the crowd/location impact their decision, which unfortunately is still the case without fans.  

I agree with the foul on Salah that's a penalty and I said that while watching it that it should of been given 

It was never a free kick in first place but to me there was no foul after the free kick had been taken 

I see your point with the final penalty decision , some angles make the challenge look a penalty some make it look like it's not, there is contact with the ball but it's the follow through that catches robbo , I'm leaning towards not a penalty still but it could of easily been given 

Salah has been given a reputation similar to the likes of Zaha which I do feel is unjust 

Var being used but it's still a case of human error as the Var and the ref could disagree very similar to how me and you could disagree with a decision , refs next season must go to the off pitch monitor that's what it's there for , FOR THE REF TO HAVE A SECOND LOOK , not some bloke in a office to quote Mourinho 

I'm at the point now where if Salah is taken out I don't even expect anything, referee's give him jack shit. He can go down easy, I admit that but it's usually once he's frustrated at getting nothing for staying on his feet while being assaulted. 

I wonder if the offside would have been looked at if it wasn't for the water break. 

I'm a big fan of VAR, I think it's a good addition to the league. However it's implemented and used by utter morons. Imo VAR should referee the game, replays will give you the correct answer so this nonsense of we can't over rule the on field ref who saw it once is utterly bizarre. It's half arsed. I know that's an unpopular opinion but we don't have ref's eyes over ruling hawk eye do we. Sure one is 99% accurate and one is more opinion but the person with multiple views should have the final say.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Liverpool always get dodgy penalties. Last year’s Champions League final is the best example.

Revenge for this utterly shocking referee cheating pen 😛

Screenshot_20200711_195423_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7b43ead7442683bb3642b9fdfaa5662b.jpg