Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

25 minutes ago, LTFC said:

It’s the final day of the Championship today who do you reckon will go up or down??

For me personally, id love West Brom to clinch 2nd and Nottingham Forest to win play offs. Combined with Leeds going up, if we manage to stay up be great to see more of the old school teams back in the top flight. 

Its a shame Wigan are getting that minus 12 points straight after the final whistle, meaning anything other than a win against Fulham will result in relegation. 

So, my bottom three would be Barnsley, Hull & Wigan. 

Can't see West Brom messing up against QPR so. Leeds/West Brom top two. Play offs place pretty much as they are.

25 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

For me personally, id love West Brom to clinch 2nd and Nottingham Forest to win play offs. Combined with Leeds going up, if we manage to stay up be great to see more of the old school teams back in the top flight. 

Its a shame Wigan are getting that minus 12 points straight after the final whistle, meaning anything other than a win against Fulham will result in relegation. 

So, my bottom three would be Barnsley, Hull & Wigan. 

Can't see West Brom messing up against QPR so. Leeds/West Brom top two. Play offs place pretty much as they are.

I definitely agree with Forest coming up would be decent that

The Wigan's points deduction is going to be a nightmare for EFL as going to be a legal battle over a short summer break so the team who stays up in 21st place will have a struggle planning for next season and their transfer plans left in limbo as they won't know if they in championship next season ( if Wigan lose appeal ) or in League One next season ( if Wigan win appeal ) 

I'd rather Brentford come up than West Brom personally 

Personally I want my team Luton to stay up and if Wigan get their points deduction we just need to win or hope they loose or draw. It’s not anyway you want your team to stay up but I’m not going to complain. I’m hoping we stay up without Wigan’s deduction as then we will be in a situation where we don’t know what league we are playing in next year and it’s just gonna be a mess. As a Luton fan I know how corrupt the EFL is and you don’t want anyone shafted like that but hopefully if the deduction stands they can bounce back.

3 minutes ago, LTFC said:

As a Luton fan I know how corrupt the EFL is and you don’t want anyone shafted like that but hopefully if the deduction stands they can bounce back.

Didn't yous get deducted like 30 points a good few years ago and start on -30? I'm sure one managed Luton before on a FMH years ago where there was a huge deduction 

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Didn't yous get deducted like 30 points a good few years ago and start on -30? I'm sure one managed Luton before on a FMH years ago where there was a huge deduction 

yep. it was tough 10 from the fa and then a further 20 from the good old efl!! 

Just now, LTFC said:

yep. it was tough 10 from the fa and then a further 20 from the good old efl!! 

Thought so I remember that was a tough challenge on FMH also around about time Juventus got put in serie B and docked points , nightmare in real life for teams but great for FMM saves 

46 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Thought so I remember that was a tough challenge on FMH also around about time Juventus got put in serie B and docked points , nightmare in real life for teams but great for FMM saves 

It’d be a good in game challenge tbf

17 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Yes, they got deducted a load of points for cheating their way to promotion, much like Bournemouth (got away with it) or Rangers (not promotion but the title).

Our last two results would make you tear your hair out if you were playing FMM. Much happier to get Swansea than Forest in the playoffs - against the other three playoff teams we won 5 and drew one, whereas we lost both games to Forest. Our boys will have to grow a pair, but we've had two big tests in the last few days, so at least we know what's needed now, and we still have a chance. Surely Brentford are much more interesting than the other three, to join the Prem?

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Yes, they got deducted a load of points for cheating their way to promotion, much like Bournemouth (got away with it) or Rangers (not promotion but the title).

Our last two results would make you tear your hair out if you were playing FMM. Much happier to get Swansea than Forest in the playoffs - against the other three playoff teams we won 5 and drew one, whereas we lost both games to Forest. Our boys will have to grow a pair, but we've had two big tests in the last few days, so at least we know what's needed now, and we still have a chance. Surely Brentford are much more interesting than the other three, to join the Prem?

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I'd like to see Brentford come up to be honest as be kind of like Bournemouth , shock haha o get into the Prem and like a 12,000 capacity stadium which is crazy in the Premier League 

Fun Fact Goal! (film, 2005) – Griffin Park featured as Newcastle United Reserves' home ground

Edited by AdamNufc
8 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I'd like to see Brentford come up to be honest as be kind of like Bournemouth , shock haha o get into the Prem and like a 12,000 capacity stadium which is crazy in the Premier League 

Fun Fact Goal! (film, 2005) – Griffin Park featured as Newcastle United Reserves' home ground

Cheers - moving to a whopping new 17k stadium for next season though!

Just now, Mr Tree said:

Cheers - moving to a whopping new 17k stadium for next season though!

Are yous Shame as I read yous had 4 pubs at each corner of Griffin Park and I was like that would be some away day 

2 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Are yous Shame as I read yous had 4 pubs at each corner of Griffin Park and I was like that would be some away day 

Loads of pubs in the area - the corner pubs are a bit of a rite of passage but nothing special at the end of the day

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Came here to share that, bloody hell it's hilarious

Screenshot_20200723_152232_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.32fa6576ad96ef6428ae4cffa8572d3c.jpg

Be funny if he ends up like a FM Wonderkid and his form proper nose dives and they realise hang on we shouldn't of retired the number 😂

@Rob Just usual manager antics but Klopp is right once the game is over they should have school hands had a beer and left it there , no need to talk in press about it imo

So everyone:

• Two from Leicester, Man Utd, and Chelsea to get CL;
  • One from Watford and Villa to go down

What has everyone got?

United and Chelsea to get CL. Villa to go down. That’s me! 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

So everyone:

• Two from Leicester, Man Utd, and Chelsea to get CL;
  • One from Watford and Villa to go down

What has everyone got?

United and Chelsea to get CL. Villa to go down. That’s me! 

Bournemouth could perform a miracle and stay up and both these could go down aha  👀 

But I've got Watford to go down and Man United Chelsea to qualify for CL