Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

8 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

@Scratch @WoodyScreenshot_20200730-154105.thumb.jpg.99f2a4c5903cb7fed7d09e7469f7279b.jpg

Well that's us well and truly getting relegated next season 😂

Gutted... Well at least I can stop looking for news every morning when I wake up (to see if anything happened during the UK's day while I've been sleeping)...

Well this might be a interesting save on FMM21

Also anyone any ideas why Wigan get a points deduction this season but Wednesday get it for next season? 

Screenshot_20200731-193408.thumb.jpg.572ceef5d0f607ccb104b56dcb03505f.jpg

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

Well this might be a interesting save on FMM21

Also anyone any ideas why Wigan get a points deduction this season but Wednesday get it for next season? 

Screenshot_20200731-193408.thumb.jpg.572ceef5d0f607ccb104b56dcb03505f.jpg

Wigan got theirs this season cause going into admin is a immediate deduction. Sheff Wednesday aren't in admin, so EFL can apply theirs next season. 

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

Wigan got theirs this season cause going into admin is a immediate deduction. Sheff Wednesday aren't in admin, so EFL can apply theirs next season. 

Ah I get you mate - seems like a lot of clubs these days are getting deductions 

@Jsavfc the EFL said that if Wigan had gone down this season without the points deduction taken into account then it would have been next season they got hit with it. They only got given it this season because they would have stayed up if the 12 points hadn’t been taken off.

The real reason for Sheff Wed’s being next season I think is because their lawyers will be all over it and the appeal will drag on throughout the off season and possibly into next season. If they won the appeal it’s much easier to just remove the deduction in the Championship than it would be if they suffered a relegation and were playing in League 1 because of it.

8 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Ah I get you mate - seems like a lot of clubs these days are getting deductions 

The EFL aren’t fit for purpose.

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The EFL aren’t fit for purpose.

The EFL isn’t fit for purpose because the clubs won’t let it be. What everyone forgets is that the EFL don’t set the rules the clubs do and then the EFL enforces them which is why when clubs like Tranmere are threatening legal action over there relegation they didn’t go through with it as they have no case.

The same with “fit and proper person” test. The clubs set how stringent it is and the owners don’t want a stronger test because it would make it harder to sell there clubs to whichever person offers the most money.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Wigan’s and Wednesdays deductions they will have been done following the rules the clubs themselves voted for.

16 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The EFL isn’t fit for purpose because the clubs won’t let it be. What everyone forgets is that the EFL don’t set the rules the clubs do and then the EFL enforces them which is why when clubs like Tranmere are threatening legal action over there relegation they didn’t go through with it as they have no case.

The same with “fit and proper person” test. The clubs set how stringent it is and the owners don’t want a stronger test because it would make it harder to sell there clubs to whichever person offers the most money.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Wigan’s and Wednesdays deductions they will have been done following the rules the clubs themselves voted for.

What is the actual point in the EFL then?

22 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Honestly thought Eddie Howe would of stayed on Screenshot_20200801-211712.thumb.jpg.245a2048cea6ae51b3c9a2e679978cc1.jpg

This is not the most important football news of the day. 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

This is not the most important football news of the day. 

Is the most important that Weymouth got promoted? Or your favourite team ever Arsenal won the FA Cup@Rob

Edited by AdamNufc

Be interesting to see where Howe ends up, and how Bournemouth do without him... Championship next year looks very "intriguing", just hope I'm watching it from a distance!!

9 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Is the most important that Weymouth got promoted? Or your favourite team ever Arsenal won the FA Cup@Rob

Weymouth. Fact. Two promotions in a row. 4/5 seasons and we will be in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Weymouth. Fact. Two promotions in a row. 4/5 seasons and we will be in the Premier League.

Oh I remember reading a book about Weymouth called Floodlit Dreams about the season Steve Claridge managed them 03-04 , one of my favourite football books 

22 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m looking forward to Weymouth away in a couple of seasons.

9 hours ago, Foxy said:

Or broke and relegated three divisions again.

We don’t have a rich benefactor this time so that shouldn’t happen. Last time was we weird. Harrison pulled out in January, died within a few years, we lost the surrounding area of the ground to developers, and plummeted. As we are now a fan ran club I personally think we should be applauded, rather than derided, for doing things properly.

9 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Oh I remember reading a book about Weymouth called Floodlit Dreams about the season Steve Claridge managed them 03-04 , one of my favourite football books 

Odd times, but fascinating. Claridge was a moody so and so at times, but a fantastic player. As a manager... not sure. He did sign one player, allegedly, to drive him to and from training.

8 hours ago, samhardy said:

I’m looking forward to Weymouth away in a couple of seasons.

Haha. You’ll be rich and in the Premoer League again by then.

19 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@Mr Tree how many Czech natives have you managed to turn into Brentford fans?

Can I count the ones that I've married or created? My three month old is so excited about today she keeps throwing up!

We have four expat bees here, plus two lads we found on the internet who spent some time in West London and latched onto the team. So six of us plus a few mates tonight at our favourite Irish pub run by a Bosnian. Can't wait...

53 minutes ago, Rob said:

Possibly the best line I’ve read on here in ages.

Its up there with a corner shop run by a white person....its just crazy 😂😂

So wigan are relegated, sorry I totally disagree with the EFL, after all this with covid etc a lot of clubs have struggled, yes they went into debt etc but just look at the situation. Absolutely heartbreaking if your a Wigan fan, many more clubs this year will feel heat, what they goimg to do (EFL) Dock every club points... pff JOKE

Just now, leedsunited87 said:

So wigan are relegated, sorry I totally disagree with the EFL, after all this with covid etc a lot of clubs have struggled, yes they went into debt etc but just look at the situation. Absolutely heartbreaking if your a Wigan fan, many more clubs this year will feel heat, what they goimg to do (EFL) Dock every club points... pff JOKE

Didn't if I have read this right , Wigan get bought then put into admin by the new owners 4 weeks later? 

If so where was proof of funds and how did they pass a owners and directors test? 🤔

38 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Didn't if I have read this right , Wigan get bought then put into admin by the new owners 4 weeks later? 

If so where was proof of funds and how did they pass a owners and directors test? 🤔

The company that owned them sold to another company which is conveniently owned by the same people as a way of (allegedly) upping interest payments on loans the club has with them. Why they are now in administration though is the big mystery that should be investigated.

As for the “owners and directors test” all that needs to be proved is that they have the money to run the club and that they have never been involved in any kinds of fraud, asset stripping etc. The test is deliberately easy to pass because it’s the clubs (owners) themselves that set the parameters of it and the harder the test the harder it is to sell there clubs when they want to.

4 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Not a clue mate, EFL are all corrupt mate 😕