Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Brilliant signing. Reminds me of when we signed Sir Les and Fraser is Gillespie.

Heard the Holding deal is dead now and Lewis should be done by end of the week.

Definately. Need another central defender though. Still think we need a quality defensive midfielder. I like Hayden but he does go missing sometimes.

See lads Brucey knew what he was doing all along! 3 signings that massively improve our squad, Lewis was linked with Liverpool and has bags of potential, if Wilson and Fraser hit form of 18/19 season them alongside ASM and Almiron has to be classed as one of the fastest front 4 in the league 

No excuses if we don't break into the top 10 this season 

@Woody Get what you mean by getting in a solid DM, doubt we will tho, we desperately need a RB in my opinion, Yedlin, Krafth and Manquillo are poor, need to shift some of the dead would out 

Been linked with Nketiah on loan from Arsenal as another striker, take that all day long!

31 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

See lads Brucey knew what he was doing all along! 3 signings that massively improve our squad, Lewis was linked with Liverpool and has bags of potential, if Wilson and Fraser hit form of 18/19 season them alongside ASM and Almiron has to be classed as one of the fastest front 4 in the league 

@Woody Get what you mean by getting in a solid DM, doubt we will tho, we desperately need a RB in my opinion, Yedlin, Krafth and Manquillo are poor, need to shift some of the dead would out 

Been linked with Nketiah on loan from Arsenal as another striker, take that all day long!

We do need a decent back up striker. I love Carroll and i hope he stays fit for longer periods to play more.

Definately going 433 this season by the sounds of it which will be much better but we need that anchor man or it will go tits up.

I think Krafth might be the starting right back as he is better defensively than the other 2 but doesnt get forward much.

43 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

City, Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Wolves, and Sheffield United. Which of those teams are you better than?

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

City, Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Wolves, and Sheffield United. Which of those teams are you better than?

Non of them...we are the 10th to 15th place team. We are way off top 10 at the moment.

With the team we had last year we over achieved in my opinion, with the players we have brought in I would say 12/13 is where we should be when looking at other teams squads. But you always have under achievers, so who knows, someone from that list of 10 teams could have poor seasons.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

They’re below Burnley and Southampton too I’ll say

Well @Robmight as well have some ambition and belief in ourselves and not think we can't do it before the season starts

Best Sheffield United home and away last season so could say them 

Honestly think if players stay fit and that we do have a good chance 

We made Leeds look good, they deserve all the plaudits but our defending for the first two goals was beyond awful. Cracking third goal though. 

VVD, Gomez and Trent were shocking and Hendo clearly wasn't match fit. Firmino is so out of form it hurts. 

Going forward though Salah was electric and was the threat we needed, Mane was a little quiet but 4 goals and 2 disallowed ain't a bad showing. We just need to sort that defence out! 

Wtf was Bobby doing when through on goal and trying the outside clip to the reverse corner instead of his twatting it in to the net in front of him?

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Wtf was Bobby doing when through on goal and trying the outside clip to the reverse corner instead of his twatting it in to the net in front of him?

I thought that was the chance but I should know not to write off the mentality monsters ;)

Bobby just looks completely void of confidence, I actually wanted Minamino on as Bobby was offering little. Surprised Minamino didn't start tbh. 

It's only Chelsea up next 

I was listening in on the radio and felt like it was all set up for that Kock guy to score a last minute equaliser.

Job done for us I suppose but hard luck to Leeds really. I’m just not feeling the game without fans in truth, just got to get on with it though. I actually enjoy listening to football on the radio for example and it’s just nothing without the crowds noise for me as you base so much on that.

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Stuff like that is why SI don’t rate him.

20 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Stuff like that is why SI don’t rate him.

I'd say fair enough if they gave him the 17-18 upgrade he deserved as he was immense that year. 

Very good performance. New lads looked good.

Only 1st game though but a positive start. Thought Carroll and Wilson were a threat all night and looked good together.

Praise where praise is due and Bruce played the right formation and we were solid. Alot better.

Yeah we have been missing that lively presence up top, Wilson makes the right runs, with Fraser still to come in, hope things only improve. Hendrick looked good as well, wasn’t sure how he’d play.