Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

19 minutes ago, Ashez said:

What part of that is his fault though? He accepted what Arsenal gave him. Arsenal are the issue not the player, sure he might have demanded such a wage but it's still up to the club to okay it. 

It's mental that Sanchez who was on the same wage at United with same level of out put wasn't lazy or greedy. 

Not a single person here could say they'd turn down £350k a week. 

Where did I say it was his fault? You’ve read what I said wrong, I was saying I can see why Arsenal fans would be annoyed with him. I never once said he should have taken a pay cut or not taken the 350k, I don’t blame him at all. I was saying every fan that supports any club and has a player who doesn’t give there all is going to be given more abuse than others. So you expect Arsenal fans to chant his name and love him? 🤣

1 hour ago, RichDave32 said:

Where did I say it was his fault? You’ve read what I said wrong, I was saying I can see why Arsenal fans would be annoyed with him. I never once said he should have taken a pay cut or not taken the 350k, I don’t blame him at all. I was saying every fan that supports any club and has a player who doesn’t give there all is going to be given more abuse than others. So you expect Arsenal fans to chant his name and love him? 🤣

That's where our lines crossed, I was more on about the media. But even fans have to blame the club as much as the player.

£15 a game on box office on top of subscriptions to two channels + Amazon? Are they having a laugh? Absolutely outrageous. 

Edited by Ashez
3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

£15 a game on box office on top of subscriptions to two channels + Amazon? Are they having a laugh? Absolutely outrageous. 

It’s actually crazy, I can’t believe they think that they can charge that much for a game, couldn’t quite believe it when I seen it! Hope it gets changed.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Doesn’t it feel like a big test to see how many muppets order games? 

Calm down @Ian 😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, RichDave32 said:

It’s actually crazy, I can’t believe they think that they can charge that much for a game, couldn’t quite believe it when I seen it! Hope it gets changed.

Needs binning mate. I suppose it's in line with things like WWE or say the Cinema but they're either much bigger events or much rarer occurrences. 

I'm in favour of a Prem-Flix type model and have been for a while, basically the same as the WWE network but for the Premier League. Live matches, old matches, talk shows and the like. Now I'm starting to think if that ever happens how much would they bloody charge 😂

So who is actually offering the games? BT and Sky, but just PPV? Or are the Premier League using an independent system?

added 0 minutes later

I am liking the WWE network idea. Tenner a month, thank you very month 😛

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

So who is actually offering the games? BT and Sky, but just PPV? Or are the Premier League using an independent system?

added 0 minutes later

I am liking the WWE network idea. Tenner a month, thank you very month 😛

Sky and BT, the matches are available via their box office. 

I vaguely remember something like Premier League Gold or something? Definitely PPV Premier League on Sky anyway years ago, anyone remember what it was like or how much? I just remember the gold banner tbh

Oh sheesh I forgot Premier League Gold.

It sounds vulgar. The sad thing is that some muppets are so desperate for it. 

Weymouth are showing games PPV online, but that’s an entirely different thing and is pretty much helping to save the club from going under. 

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm in favour of a Prem-Flix type model and have been for a while, basically the same as the WWE network but for the Premier League. Live matches, old matches, talk shows and the like. 

I don’t see that as very likely because if it’s all on one service provided by the PL themselves they can’t play the broadcasters off with one another to push up the price they pay for rights as there is no auction.

It seems to me this is an experiment as it’s just for a month and they want to see how many will pay for the games and how much they can make. I think it’s certain that PL games will no longer be played at 3pm saturdays and all games will be broadcast in the future they are just trying to find the most lucrative way of doing it.

19 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I don’t see that as very likely because if it’s all on one service provided by the PL themselves they can’t play the broadcasters off with one another to push up the price they pay for rights as there is no auction.

It seems to me this is an experiment as it’s just for a month and they want to see how many will pay for the games and how much they can make. I think it’s certain that PL games will no longer be played at 3pm saturdays and all games will be broadcast in the future they are just trying to find the most lucrative way of doing it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7982219/amp/PREMFLIX-Premier-League-reveals-plans-revolutionary-Netflix-style-streaming-service.html

49 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Calm down @Ian 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Needs binning mate. I suppose it's in line with things like WWE or say the Cinema but they're either much bigger events or much rarer occurrences. 

I'm in favour of a Prem-Flix type model and have been for a while, basically the same as the WWE network but for the Premier League. Live matches, old matches, talk shows and the like. Now I'm starting to think if that ever happens how much would they bloody charge 😂

I’d be a big fan of that, I’ve got the WWE network myself and it’s great for nostalgic stuff, but they do some decent programs on there as well. They could definitely make a lot of content for something like that. Be interesting to see if it happens. 

I did see today that some Newcastle fans were kicking off as they’re still paying for their season ticket and yet won’t get a free pass to this. I’ve long thought we’d end up with all games available online and I was thinking it might be where we would be able to say pay for a season ticket for all of one team for a certain amount and then other games can be bought also. This pricing does seem a little heavy but they’ll probably want to go in big to test us 😂

11 hours ago, RichDave32 said:

I’d be a big fan of that, I’ve got the WWE network myself and it’s great for nostalgic stuff, but they do some decent programs on there as well. They could definitely make a lot of content for something like that. Be interesting to see if it happens. 

Undertaker Last Ride and Stone Cold Sessions are the best for me. The 24s can be a bit up and down. What about you?

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Undertaker Last Ride and Stone Cold Sessions are the best for me. The 24s can be a bit up and down. What about you?

Yeah I enjoy both of them, I’ve enjoyed a few of the table for 3 as well, depending who’s on it. I remember watching legends house when i first got the network and thought that was very funny, wish they’d do another one! 

Edited by RichDave32

It sounds good tbf, but I don't see how it's going to change the gulf in wealth when all clubs still have the same owners, taking away £250 million from the Prem, will only disrupt the clubs with less wealthy owers, the EFL is then getting the cash injection which would in theory bring them up a level in terms of quality and the new Championship will become just as good as the bottom half of the new Prem which isn't too dissimilar to the way it is right now, so frankly I don't think it's going to change much, maybe we'll see more surprise promotions and relegations, regardless I'd quite like it to happen simply for a refreshing change to the system

Agreed @Rob

Makes no sense that only half the league makes decisions and only 5 have to agree on those decisions for it to be made meaning 13 other clubs could disagree with it but can do nothing about it, very stupid. 

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Bit I don’t get is why only nine clubs get to make the decisions?

It is a play by the “big 6” to pave the way for a European Super League as with reduced games it opens up the chance for the expanded CL which is planned from 2024 onwards. The other 3 clubs added in have zero say really because they will be out voted by the other 6 but it at least gives the illusion of including other PL teams in decisions.

So, in a nutshell:

- League reduces to 18;

- The generous Premier League clubs chuck money down the league. Very kind;

- Nine clubs who have been in the Premier League the longest get to vote on decisions;

- Six of those clubs are the ‘Big Six’

Is that everything?

55 minutes ago, Rob said:

So, in a nutshell:

- League reduces to 18;

- The generous Premier League clubs chuck money down the league. Very kind;

- Nine clubs who have been in the Premier League the longest get to vote on decisions;

- Six of those clubs are the ‘Big Six’

Is that everything?

Community Shield

League Cup or at least not featuring teams in Europe.

The “big six” call all the shots as they have the votes and everyone else is paid off to keep quiet. They will also bank on the other 3 clubs with votes to be relegated as they inevitably will at some point so eventually it will just be the six left calling the shots.

I don't agree with the power implications for the bigger sides at all, however the rest of it doesn't appear too bad. The relegation playoffs could be kinda neat even. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Are you looking forward to even more pointless CL group games?

I'm not so sure the Super League is a thing. I see why clubs want it but it would kill English football. You take the best players out of the league and what are you left with? 

Obviously it's an attempt for the top sides to cements their status while trying to prevent another City or Chelsea type situation from happening again. That's all bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm not so sure the Super League is a thing.

It’s on its way though as they already want to expand the CL with 4 extra games a season meaning more of the group games as they don’t seem to grasp the competition only becomes interesting after Xmas when it’s knockout. The “big six” want B teams in the EFL but they will end up being used in the PL as more and more European games get added.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-champions-league-change-uefa-tournament-expansion-plans/p7z5gwo5xesb1w3npbqxuxt9v

The whole concept of a breakaway super league always confuses me as for anyone to be good you have to have teams that are bad. That’s the whole nature of competition. 

Won’t matter anyway if we carry on as we are because we won’t have the game. Or at least not the version we’re used to. Money won’t be there, simple stuff really.

"If it's not broke, don't fix it" 

Don't understand why the Premier League needs to be touched, nothing wrong with it. And why would we go from 20 teams to 18? Most leagues try add more teams and we are trying to lower? Stupid.