Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

"If it's not broke, don't fix it" 

Don't understand why the Premier League needs to be touched, nothing wrong with it. And why would we go from 20 teams to 18? Most leagues try add more teams and we are trying to lower? Stupid.

Because the big six want all the power or they will walk away to this super league bollocks.

This is why Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs were against Toon being taken over. Didnt want another mega rich club butting in. Wankers!!

Yes.....im abit bitter!

19 hours ago, Woody said:

Because the big six want all the power or they will walk away to this super league bollocks.

This is why Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs were against Toon being taken over. Didnt want another mega rich club butting in. Wankers!!

Yes.....im abit bitter!

Us and Chelsea don’t mind about the takeover though ;) 

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Us and Chelsea don’t mind about the takeover though ;) 

Its all about American owners! Full stop!

They prefer a club run soley as a business and a franchise. Nowt else matters.

Its how sport is run in the states. They dont understand relegation and believe that the best clubs only should play in the top league and have the say on how its run. 

58 minutes ago, Woody said:

best

The 'richest' you mean, but I'm with you, when you've had the Glazers run your club for as long as they have, hatred for American business plans start to creep in, it leaves no room for being passionate about the club, purely shirt sales etc. is all that matters

40 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

The 'richest' you mean, but I'm with you, when you've had the Glazers run your club for as long as they have, hatred for American business plans start to creep in, it leaves no room for being passionate about the club, purely shirt sales etc. is all that matters

Exactly Aaron. As much as im not a fan of your club the supporters ultimately will be the ones that suffer because with the amount of money the so called big clubs make now, they dont need us!

18 hours ago, Woody said:

Its all about American owners! Full stop!

They prefer a club run soley as a business and a franchise. Nowt else matters.

Its how sport is run in the states. They dont understand relegation and believe that the best clubs only should play in the top league and have the say on how its run. 

Need to calm that American hate bro . Only 3 of the 6 “big six” are owned by Americans and including the 3 for special status then only 3 clubs and 10% of West Ham have American owners so let’s calm down. English , Russian , UAE , Chinese, Swiss & Welsh owners of the rest of the clubs in the 9 can be just as greedy as an American owner . Don’t try to blame your sports problems on us . 
But you wouldn’t mind Saudi’s Arabia owning your team huh ?  Top 6 premier league clubs were greedy before any Americans became involved . 

I don’t get how the non special clubs react to this? Are the big 6 +3 specials going to pay the whole amount ? Pay a bigger share ? Or do they honestly think the rest of the Premier League clubs are supposed to chip in equally for the FA payoff and EFL bailout while they get nothing in return , less teams in EPL and can be outvoted by the special 6 even if they don’t have a majority ? I just can’t see those clubs saying gee sounds great and thank you for nothing big six we will go along . Thought the bailout for EFL was to only be involving helping those clubs financially but no idea how restructuring the PL or setting up special 9 for voting has anything to do with paying funds to save EFL clubs ?? Idk I’m just a dumb American so maybe I am missing something ? 

2 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Need to calm that American hate bro . Only 3 of the 6 “big six” are owned by Americans and including the 3 for special status then only 3 clubs and 10% of West Ham have American owners so let’s calm down. English , Russian , UAE , Chinese, Swiss & Welsh owners of the rest of the clubs in the 9 can be just as greedy as an American owner . Don’t try to blame your sports problems on us . 
But you wouldn’t mind Saudi’s Arabia owning your team huh ?  Top 6 premier league clubs were greedy before any Americans became involved . 

I don’t get how the non special clubs react to this? Are the big 6 +3 specials going to pay the whole amount ? Pay a bigger share ? Or do they honestly think the rest of the Premier League clubs are supposed to chip in equally for the FA payoff and EFL bailout while they get nothing in return , less teams in EPL and can be outvoted by the special 6 even if they don’t have a majority ? I just can’t see those clubs saying gee sounds great and thank you for nothing big six we will go along . Thought the bailout for EFL was to only be involving helping those clubs financially but no idea how restructuring the PL or setting up special 9 for voting has anything to do with paying funds to save EFL clubs ?? Idk I’m just a dumb American so maybe I am missing something ? 

I wasnt blaming Americans! I was blaming those American owners!

They are franchise owners they dont give a crap about the history of the clubs or the fans and i'm pretty sure the Saudi's are just as bad but seeing as the main players in this are American owned thats where my frustrations lie.

I have no issue with Americans as a whole what so ever infact my sister is married to one and he said exactly the same thing as me. So dont come here accusing me of things that arent true.

Null and void and five or six teams near the bottom wanting relegation scrapped last season for the post lockdown period was always going to result in more stuff like this and it’s only the start.

I utterly hate the idea by the way but there wasn’t much love shown to us during the whole null and void period so if we’re now fighting to try and get us better deals at the expense of other teams then so be it.

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

Null and void and five or six teams near the bottom wanting relegation scrapped last season for the post lockdown period was always going to result in more stuff like this and it’s only the start.

I utterly hate the idea by the way but there wasn’t much love shown to us during the whole null and void period so if we’re now fighting to try and get us better deals at the expense of other teams then so be it.

We already have the better deal though. We're on TV more and get more of the pot as is, our greed is just causing a bigger divide. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

We already have the better deal though. We're on TV more and get more of the pot as is, our greed is just causing a bigger divide. 

Its those in the boadroom that are causing this. 

4 hours ago, Woody said:

I wasnt blaming Americans! I was blaming those American owners!

They are franchise owners they dont give a crap about the history of the clubs or the fans and i'm pretty sure the Saudi's are just as bad but seeing as the main players in this are American owned thats where my frustrations lie.

I have no issue with Americans as a whole what so ever infact my sister is married to one and he said exactly the same thing as me. So dont come here accusing me of things that arent true.

How dare you criticise greedy American owners! you attack one of them, you attack ALL of them apparently 😂🤦‍♂️

51 minutes ago, Woody said:

If Bruce doesnt go 5 at the back and ASM is on his game i think we might have a chance tonight!

I hope so mate, ASM having a good game will be key won’t it, hopefully Wilson’s sheer energy with make the Man United defence nervy as well.

So annoying it’s on box office tonight, what a joke it is! 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

You boys buying the game tonight?

I don’t want to because I hate the whole idea, but I really want to watch the game on the tv, at the moment it’s a no, but we’ll see.

46 minutes ago, RichDave32 said:

I don’t want to because I hate the whole idea, but I really want to watch the game on the tv, at the moment it’s a no, but we’ll see.

Stand firm. Don’t win. If you buy it then it encourages them.

Should have been off, regardless if it’s offside, still dangerous play, surely offiside’s shouldn’t matter if it’s a dangerous foul 🤔

Apparently violent conduct can be punished when the ball isn't legal but reckless can't. Absolute shambles. 

You can be sent off after the final whistle for bad language ffs, but tackling someone knee high with all your weight under your arse is legal if the ball isn't in play? It wasn't even looked at FFS! 

I said to @samhardyweeks ago my arse would go with anything happened to Alisson and VVD......Ahhhh  

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

said to @samhardyweeks ago my arse would go with anything happened to Alisson and VVD......Ahhhh  

That’s where you went wrong then as Sam has clearly had a word with his childhood “friend” and got him to nobble VVD.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

That’s where you went wrong then as Sam has clearly had a word with his childhood “friend” and got him to nobble VVD.

I need to know more about him being Sam’s friend.