Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

If you keep watching that video til the end, you'll see the tumble-weed roll by, f*ck me, inconsistent doesn't do it justice, we beat Leipzig 5-0 and PSG 2-1 but lose to the 'worst' team in the group. 

For that goal though, that is a compete breakdown in communication, most teams keep their wingbacks on the halfway line at corners, but we play no one apparently 😂😭😠 <those 3 emojis sum up how our supporters feel right about now

Nice to hear Jota is a big football manager player, he’s managing Telford, must be different for him managing a bigger club than he’s playing for.

I don’t understand that, I know Southampton are a good team, but we were so shit, bar Joelinton’s header we had nothing for 90mins.

21 minutes ago, RichD said:

I don’t understand that, I know Southampton are a good team, but we were so shit, bar Joelinton’s header we had nothing for 90mins.

Im sorry....i've tried my best to keep the faith but i cant donit no longer. Bruce is not getting anything out of the team at all andbim sick to death of him saying we are trying to change how we play. 

Its not changed one bit!!

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I really rate/like Southampton's manager tbf. The squad is clearly over achieving too as Ings aside it's hardly stand out 

Yeah he’s a good one, players wrk there socks off for him!

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Im sorry....i've tried my best to keep the faith but i cant donit no longer. Bruce is not getting anything out of the team at all andbim sick to death of him saying we are trying to change how we play. 

Its not changed one bit!!

I agree, I have no idea how we have 11 points, we’ve played so poor in most games, it annoys me as well saying we’re changing the way we play, if that means create nothing most games and conceded the most shots this season, then it’s working well.

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

You guys lost away from home to top of the league? 

Wasn’t expecting anything, but we didn’t even have any sort of go and leave us alone Rob, we love a moan 🤣

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

It’s almost that time of the year where you log all put on a few pounds and stand in a stadium with your shirt off? 🤣

7186FFC1-9B7D-4B8E-9F67-DD537B0ECD39.jpeg.aa29e25fa55435e1cc8e818f55670c8a.jpeg

@Woody on the left, me in the middle, my body’s happy with not going to games!

2 hours ago, Rob said:

You guys lost away from home to top of the league? 

I have no issue with losing to Southampton, really good side as they are.

It's the lack of effort and the fact that Bruce is sticking to this flat back 5 that sits so far back. There is no attacking intent what so ever and he tells us he is trying to progress us tactically. 

Now i know everyone is going to start saying Rafa played the same formation. yes, he did but he pushed everyone forward....how else did Rondon notch nearly 15 goals. Even Perez scored 10+.

Its the lack of forward thinking that causing this and shear blind luck has got us where we currently are not Bruce doing a good job.....its bollocks!!

I can rant about this club till cows come home but in truth its rotten to the core and it will take more than a change of tactics to sort it out.

I was chatting to a bloke about at work about a Premier League eleven - disclaimer: I love fantasy elevens - and we agreed it all depends on what team and tactic you use as a template. For example, if you used City’s style of play you’d end up with a very different team to Liverpool’s style of play. You almost have to chose a team and then go through each position and see if there is a better Premiership player to fulfil the role.

So my question to all is: whose style of play would you use and what would your fantasy eleven be?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I was chatting to a bloke about at work about a Premier League eleven - disclaimer: I love fantasy elevens - and we agreed it all depends on what team and tactic you use as a template. For example, if you used City’s style of play you’d end up with a very different team to Liverpool’s style of play. You almost have to chose a team and then go through each position and see if there is a better Premiership player to fulfil the role.

So my question to all is: whose style of play would you use and what would your fantasy eleven be?

i prefer Klopps tbh, i love attacking football and tbh Tiki Taka bores the shit out of me sometimes

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I loved the Barca under Pep, that formation if I could pick one and his style of play. Loving the way Liverpool play at the moment, but would have to go Barca under pep. Would it be an 11 of my life time or current? And all time or domestic? 🤣

25 minutes ago, RichD said:

I loved the Barca under Pep, that formation if I could pick one and his style of play. Loving the way Liverpool play at the moment, but would have to go Barca under pep. Would it be an 11 of my life time or current? And all time or domestic? 🤣

Either.

What am I missing in this point? Seen a few baffled and angry by the decision? The action he's taken is Irrelevant, by the T Shirt line rule he's offside clear as day. If his arm was level he'd be on, it's simple. 

Offside is black and white unless it's stupidly tight like the Mane one verse Everton. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

What am I missing in this point? Seen a few baffled and angry by the decision? The action he's taken is Irrelevant, by the T Shirt line rule he's offside clear as day. If his arm was level he'd be on, it's simple. 

Offside is black and white unless it's stupidly tight like the Mane one verse Everton. 

It cost me some FPL points thats why I’m angry :P

I didn’t think a part of the body you can’t score with could be offside tbh and honestly if that isn’t the rule it should be as there was absolutely no advantage gained in that move that means the goal should be disallowed.

The FPL part 😂

The new rule is you can score within the T Shirt line, I think it's after the couple armpit calls last season, that's why the line is on the cuff of the shirt which makes him offside. 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Pointing where you want the ball played makes you offside then 🤨

Not that I’m bitter that it cost me FPL points 🙄

image.thumb.jpeg.1509870eadc4d90e3f4b04bbe9a32fe8.jpeg

I triple captained him

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Could have been worse you might have triple captained Lookman.

TBF Lookman's our second-best player this season. Says a lot about our squad. Our judgement is poor when it comes to penalties - Mitrovic and Kamara fought over one 2 seasons ago.

But we'll still finish 17th, above Burnley, Sheffield United and West Brom.

Such strong teams out from Manchester City and Liverpool. Liverpool look incredibly attacking, could be the start of Firminho in a new role!

Kloppo putting his balls on the line for the big occasion! Jesus! I can't say I saw the 4231 being pulled out for City away but here we go!