Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Kloppo putting his balls on the line for the big occasion! Jesus! I can't say I saw the 4231 being pulled out for City away but here we go! 

You look so good so far, so fast with the ball, they look fluid up there as usual as well! City’s defence look like there having fun 👀

Our final ball has cost us that half, constantly in brilliant positions but not getting that final pass right. 

No complaints about the City goal, class play and capitalising on a couple mistakes. The penalty however was outrageous, the handball rule is messed up. The miss though! Wow. 

We get that final ball right I think we blow them away, however they did grow into the game and start to work out our shape. Simply fascinating!! 

I know there is rival banter and all that, but I hate seeing players injured. 

I always think VVD is a hard bastard and he doubled down on that opinion by the way he had that season ending injury and walked off like the boss he is.

Trent, Gomez and VVD out 😭

Robbo has played the most of any player in world football in 2020 apparently. His back up? Yeah he's injured. 

Matip is made of glass and I like Fabinho in midfield. Thiago still hasn't reappeared since that shocking tackle either. 

But the feeling of over coming this and still lifting the Premier League trophy will be priceless ;)

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

We all know Spurs will win it this year

Cant believe i'm going to say this but you might be right mate. If Spurs can keep up the consistancy long enough they certainly have a good chance. 

Thing is Chelsea are clicking too. I still think Liverpool will win it but like @Rob said there will be some twists and turns to come.

It’s one of those seasons where the mid-season transfer market is awesome. Say Everton still have a chance but need another central defender... they may go and spend a shed ton to sign Skrinier, for example. 

Liverpool’s squad is still the best though. 

Hope it’s a season where it goes down to the wire. Would be happy myself to see Tottenham win it just for Gareth Bale, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves, we still have a lot of the season to go and once Newcastle kick on, then watch out.

Rumours this morning Gomez might be out for the season! If he and VVD are out for the season that's one hell of a blow to us. That leaves is with Matip as our only senior CB until January which is insane. For the next month we've got no Trent, VVD and likely Gomez FFS. 

Whoever deals with injuries the best this season and gets lucky will win the league. Points will be dropped everywhere and it'll be a battle. How we do in my opinion comes down to how serious this Gomez injury is now. 

I suppose we could just return to the heavy metal football and blitz everyone 😂

The best defensive pair last year both potentially out for months. I want to cry. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Rumours this morning Gomez might be out for the season! If he and VVD are out for the season that's one hell of a blow to us. That leaves is with Matip as our only senior CB until January which is insane. For the next month we've got no Trent, VVD and likely Gomez FFS. 

Whoever deals with injuries the best this season and gets lucky will win the league. Points will be dropped everywhere and it'll be a battle. How we do in my opinion comes down to how serious this Gomez injury is now. 

I suppose we could just return to the heavy metal football and blitz everyone 😂

The best defensive pair last year both potentially out for months. I want to cry. 

Who is more of a miss - Trent or VVD?

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Who is more of a miss - Trent or VVD?

VVD. He's a monster at everything and obviously out alot longer. 

Trent is a big blow though as the back up isn't there and he adds so much to us in an attacking sense. However this year we have Thiago and Jota so hopefully we won't miss him as much as we would have last year. 

45 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_20201112_115304_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.0b4e8d623f859e79681e2946a0dffcb9.jpg

That would be interesting, I did like him when he was with us, but I cannot see a club like Liverpool wanting him, especially as he didn’t even play that much for Watford in recent memory. I do still love Gini though.

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

That would be interesting, I did like him when he was with us, but I cannot see a club like Liverpool wanting him, especially as he didn’t even play that much for Watford in recent memory. I do still love Gini though.

At this point we just need bodies at RB and CB tbf. Neco Williams was billed as Trent's understudy but he's struggled when he's featured this year. Then at CB after Matip we've Nat Phillips, Williams and some 17 year old. We're just short on numbers, especially as Fabinho was seen as the 4th CB or RB cover and he's currently injured and can't play 3 positions at once 😂

Can someone explain Mason Mount to me? I don’t really watch much Chelsea and he never really stands out for England. Why do managers seemingly love him? 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Can someone explain Mason Mount to me? I don’t really watch much Chelsea and he never really stands out for England. Why do managers seemingly love him? 

I’ve always thought this, I can’t understand how he’s ahead of people like Grealish, Maddison and Barkley and Lampard seems to love him as well. As an outsider looking in as a Welshman, I’d say Southgate loves being over careful and I guess Mount works hard.

As long as Hendo isn't playing who cares! Wish people would boycott this bullshit. International friendlies or matches in general shouldn't be happening this season. 

Reports now that a Brazil lad has tested positive, Bobby and Ali are there. If we return to PL action without Ali, Trent, VVD and Gomez I'll scream!! Plenty of time for more to drop n all!! 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As long as Hendo isn't playing who cares! Wish people would boycott this bullshit. International friendlies or matches in general shouldn't be happening this season. 

Reports now that a Brazil lad has tested positive, Bobby and Ali are there. If we return to PL action without Ali, Trent, VVD and Gomez I'll scream!! Plenty of time for more to drop n all!! 

They are pointless, especially this season, why put players at an even higher risk of injury I don’t know. I’ve always been a big fan of Wales international, I go quite a bit home and away, but I find the friendlies so pointless!

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

A85BD1E5-EB5B-4326-848B-0657869BE6E5.thumb.jpeg.83d00103b8c251add61991b7682c8370.jpeg

The overall product is definitely going to suffer because of all this greed and competing interests, but I'm already a little sick of the media hysteria around it now. As ever, people failed to think things through and raise issues at the relevant time. Now there's a lot of people being wise after the event. 

I did have some sympathy with Klopp and Guardiola's complaints last weekend, as it seems decisions were generally made by non-football executives with scant regard for their impact. However, Liverpool and Man City should be two of the best equipped to deal with all this, and you have to query how they can be so thin in cover.

My bees are struggling a bit, with our two most influential leaders (Jansson and Norgaard) out for 6-8 weeks, and a long- term injury to the backup of our one aging veteran Dalsgaard, who looks out on his feet. We were all relieved when this Danish mink crisis came up, meaning he'll get 10 days off now rather than international duty! 

But it looks like our main mistake was treating it as a normal season and allowing some young players to go out on loan. It made sense cos it'll help them develop - two 19yo midfielders and a 21yo defender in League One, a 20yo forward in the Dutch Eredivisie. But it means we only have a 22-man squad at HQ, one backup in each position, which is just not enough this season.

It is what it is, we just have to get on with it now. Another stoppage now would be..... unhelpful. But there's going to be a decent amount of luck involved in any competition victory, more than usual...

13 hours ago, Rob said:

Don't even get me started on Mount. He must have some proper dirt on Southgate to be starting every single game. 
It is widely considered amongst us Villa fans (and others tbh) that Southgate has some sort of personal vendetta against Grealish. 

How the man isnt starting in competition games, ill never know!

7 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Don't even get me started on Mount. He must have some proper dirt on Southgate to be starting every single game. 
It is widely considered amongst us Villa fans (and others tbh) that Southgate has some sort of personal vendetta against Grealish. 

How the man isnt starting in competition games, ill never know!

When I was a nipper I used to go and watch Saints as they were the nearest team. Jack reminds me so much of a modern day Le Tissier and he seems to be treated the same by the national side, yet other big countries would have him in their team no problem!

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

When I was a nipper I used to go and watch Saints as they were the nearest team. Jack reminds me so much of a modern day Le Tissier and he seems to be treated the same by the national side, yet other big countries would have him in their team no problem!

Exactly, stats show he is the most inform english player in the league, was only second to KDB for most creative player last season, in terms of chances created etc. 

Got a MOTM against Wales, then frozen out for two games. 

Whenever Southgate gets asked about him, always manages to twist the answer back to Mason Mount. Its weird. 

I had Birmingham fans on my twitter after the Wales game, saying Grealish should be in the first team 100%.