Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Pepe today. By all means get sent off by a mistimed tackle or a calculated second yellow card that stops the other team equalising, but to get sent off for head butting would just annoy the heck out of me if I was a teammate. What an abject failure he has been there.

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Personally I think City and Pep's problem is they got lazy with player signings. They stopped making shrewed signings like James Milner and instead signed big names for big money, even their back up full backs are £50 odd million each. 

I wouldn't say it's as bad as Real Madrid or Barca but it's got a feeling of that about it. Just throw money at the problem in hope instead of finding the right player regardless of the cost. 

I don't see the sense in all their signings like I do with Klopps, every player Klopp has brought in was for a reason, everyone had a role and targets were identified for a reason. 

Admittedly he caught alot of us off guard but why wasn't City after Jota? Why wasn't Fabinho their Fernandinho replacement? 

I think that's a big thing tbf, City play the 2 creative midfielders Infront of Rodri who's nowhere near as good as Fernandinho. While we play the grafters to allow the fullbacks and attackers to attack. City are just wide open now with Rodri not being all that with over priced fullbacks. 

100% agree with this. It’s signings for the sake of it. People can say what they want about JoMo, but every single Spurs summer signing fits in to his 4-3-3 style of play. City just seem to grab players cos they can. It’s like the tenth season of an FMM save when you have loads of money and you get bored. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Like anyone is getting near us 😎😎😎

Yep, you’re definitely a solid second place.

(I will literally never be able to say that again, so let me enjoy it please)

4 hours ago, Rob said:

100% agree with this. It’s signings for the sake of it. People can say what they want about JoMo, but every single Spurs summer signing fits in to his 4-3-3 style of play. City just seem to grab players cos they can. It’s like the tenth season of an FMM save when you have loads of money and you get bored. 

Yes Guardiola really get bored and just keep buying any high price player he found on the market. Can’t wait until he reach 20th season of FMM and decides not to sign anyone until the end of the game

19 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Yep, looks like 4k for PL and 2k for championship 

It’s 4k for tier 1 areas, 2k for tier 2 and 0 for tier 3 and as plenty cities will be desperate to be placed in tier 3 we’ll end up with a bit of a farce when it comes to fairness.

Shit will hit the fan over this very shortly. 

Even the LFC Black Friday sale is doing Firmino dirty!! 

Screenshot_20201125_094815_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d89b46564323fd792d78265c71b7e836.jpg

Only his, Keita's (£4) and Lallana's (under £1) have gone on sale 😂

And yes I bought 2.......I love me some Bobby

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Even the LFC Black Friday sale is doing Firmino dirty!! 

Screenshot_20201125_094815_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d89b46564323fd792d78265c71b7e836.jpg

Only his, Keita's (£4) and Lallana's (under £1) have gone on sale 😂

And yes I bought 2.......I love me some Bobby

Obviously he is being sold to Burnley in January then.

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

Obviously he is being sold to Burnley in January then.

The postage was basically the same price as two of his scarves 😭

1 hour ago, RichD said:

Do Friday nights gets more exciting than Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United??

Any idea what tier Newcastle are in, whether they will be allowed fans, and whether I’m going to get my half-naked chubby-fan fetish fix this winter or not? 

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Any idea what tier Newcastle are in, whether they will be allowed fans, and whether I’m going to get my half-naked chubby-fan fetish fix this winter or not? 

Newcastle are tier 3, no fans at all, so you won’t be seeing half-naked chubby fans for the time being, I know you must be devastated, but remember, we’re all here for you. 

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Tier 3 which is where they will be playing in a couple more seasons.

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

Newcastle are tier 3, no fans at all, so you won’t be seeing half-naked chubby fans for the time being, I know you must be devastated, but remember, we’re all here for you. 

Goddarnit I will have to rely on YouTube clips.

Again.

Oooohhh that’s a cracking shot. 

As a Tier 3 team in the champions league group stages? 

23 minutes ago, RichD said:

Joelinton won us that ❤️

Look so much better as an attacking 433 dont we. Played well tonight, created chances and probably just about deserved it. 

Joel looks better as a ten than an out n out striker.

17 minutes ago, Woody said:

Look so much better as an attacking 433 dont we. Played well tonight, created chances and probably just about deserved it. 

Joel looks better as a ten than an out n out striker.

Yeah definitely do. I like the look of Wilson and Joelinton up there, be nice if they could build a nice partnership, good result.

If Liverpool win the league then this Brighton game is an example of why. 1-0 up, ten mins to go, not playing very well, but grinding through.

26 minutes ago, Rob said:

If Liverpool win the league then this Brighton game is an example of why. 1-0 up, ten mins to go, not playing very well, but grinding through.

🙄 I spoke too soon.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

🙄 I spoke too soon.

If Salah "won" that penalty......... 

Anything looks a pen in super slow motion. Was it a pen? When the lad that dived seconds after the contact says it's soft you decide. I can't say I don't see why it was given but should it have been? 

We've massive injuries and the most VAR overturns against us and still top the league! 

Screenshot_20201129_161159_eu.livesport.FlashScores_co_uk.thumb.jpg.de84cf9386711e69dfef3142c05f579a.jpg

What a game! To be honest when we were 2-0 down at HT I wasn't even surprised cause Southampton play a very unique style of football and have caused many teams many problems this year and last. But what a sub Cavani came to be an assist and two goals in the second half, I felt like I was back in the SAF days 😍

Just now, RichD said:

Fair play, good comeback that. Cavani looked like something you were missing, poachers instinct!

I've never been Cavani's biggest fan but if he can pull off a few more of these performances then I'll happily support him. 

I assume we signed him as an experienced head for our younger attackers to follow, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have an average age of 22 so it sort of made sense to sign him, a lot like Ibra arriving a couple of seasons ago, but we'll just have to see how it goes