Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

How you feeling about Wednesday??

Honestly, terrified. You guys are a class apart. I think Palace will take at least a point today which will make Wednesday less of a key game and Sky will struggle to promote it was such. I’m just glad to be talked of as contenders if I’m honest. You?

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Honestly, terrified. You guys are a class apart. I think Palace will take at least a point today which will make Wednesday less of a key game and Sky will struggle to promote it was such. I’m just glad to be talked of as contenders if I’m honest. You?

Up the Palace up the Palace! Wonderful stuff 

Get by Fulham with 3 points which we should and what a weekend for us with Spurs, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs dropping points. 

As for Wednesday I'm confident depending on who we can field. VVD being out doesn't bother me too much as I think Fab can handle Kane, however if Kane drops deep then our best DMC is playing CB. Gini has played so many mins this season but we've struggled to rest him, he needs to get through today fit and the same for Trent as without Trent Son would worry me. We've no Naby, Thiago or Jota for today and Jota looks to be out until February (ffs) so that's two big games for this XI needs to get through as we've got little else. Our bench today is the worst it's been for ages. 

However Jose will go for the draw. 

And there’s the point I expected. Decent performance but draw was a fair result. Bless Sky at the end for trying to claim Spurs dropped points in a title race as if Spurs are part of one. Spurs finishing fifth this year would be a better achievement than, say, Liverpool or City winning the title as Spurs simply don’t have the funds to buy the league nor do those clubs have as many derbies as the London clubs. Folk at Sky need to remember that.

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

And there’s the point I expected. Decent performance but draw was a fair result. Bless Sky at the end for trying to claim Spurs dropped points in a title race as if Spurs are part of one. Spurs finishing fifth this year would be a better achievement than, say, Liverpool or City winning the title as Spurs simply don’t have the funds to buy the league nor do those clubs have as many derbies as the London clubs. Folk at Sky need to remember that.

Might be a title race if we continue playing like that, absolutely woeful performance that half. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Might be a title race if we continue playing like that, absolutely woeful performance that half. 

You’re good enough to come back second half though.

Did you read Klopp’s comments about the Ox? Really good to read about the impact he has on the squad. That’s the sort of things fans don’t see when judging players.

56 minutes ago, Rob said:

You’re good enough to come back second half though.

Did you read Klopp’s comments about the Ox? Really good to read about the impact he has on the squad. That’s the sort of things fans don’t see when judging players.

No, I'll look it up shortly. 

Dreadful performance and a stolen point in fairness, then even more injuries. Ahhhh. Oh well still joint top but a wasted opportunity. 

Just now, Ashez said:

No, I'll look it up shortly. 

Dreadful performance and a stolen point in fairness, then even more injuries. Ahhhh. Oh well still joint top but a wasted opportunity. 

I only saw five mins and Klopp was patting Trent on the head and you got the pen. What happened with Trent?

34 minutes ago, Rob said:

I only saw five mins and Klopp was patting Trent on the head and you got the pen. What happened with Trent?

Clearly wasn't fit, dunno if he's injured again or rested. 

25 minutes ago, RichD said:

Could this be another season of an underdog?

I don’t think it will be, but would love it to happen.

Na, it's just going to be a much lower point scoring season. Mid 80s wins it imo, nowhere near these 100 point seasons we've had recently. 

Arteta wont do anything at Arsenal and after tonights result he might wven be gone by the next game.

On a plus point Aubameyang is scoring again. 😂😂

I got into football towards the end of his reign, I remember alot more of Rafa's first season but bits of Houllier are about in my mind, but in truth it's more the players than him. Obviously he was an instrumental part of the club and its history so his time at the club is one I've looked back on plenty of times. He laid so many foundations that Rafa built upon and so on. A sad day. 

10 minutes ago, RichD said:

Seemed to be a very well liked man in football, RIP.

When he was at Villa for a short time, you could definitely see what he was trying to implement into the squad, and we had some very good results. 
Was a real shame when he had to step down due to ill health, can only imagine where we would be now, and how the past few years would of gone had he been able to continue. 

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

How does the Sunderland game go ahead tonight but our game with Bristol Rovers on Saturday is already postponed due to cases at Rovers 🤔

Strange one...Newcastle had 7 i think it was and the game was called off

1 minute ago, RichD said:

Well this has gone to shit @Woody 😂

It’s pretty much you Newcastle fans in one game.

’OMFG BRUCE IS GOOD AFTER ALL’

*slaps bare belly*

’BRUCE IS RUBBISH. SACK HIM. UP THE TOON’

Just now, Rob said:

It’s pretty much you Newcastle fans in one game.

’OMFG BRUCE IS GOOD AFTER ALL’

*slaps bare belly*

’BRUCE IS RUBBISH. SACK HIM. UP THE TOON’

To be fair I don’t know how we were in it when it was 2-2🤣

Ive got to the point now where I don’t actually mind who’s in charge anymore, just seems like it’s the same whoever’s in charge. We’ve been lucky to stay in the prem since we’ve come up, I don’t know how we keep getting enough points each season 😁

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Cos you’ve had a few very good managers 

Debatable, I think people will think that because of the points tally, but when you watch each game in full the last couple of seasons, the amount of luck and good saves we get is crazy. Happened in your stadium two years on the bounce 😁

Just now, Woody said:

Mate....i'm slowly falling out of love with this club!

I know it looks like we’re being typical Newcastle fans and complaining, delighted with how many points we have, but how have we actually got that many points? 🙈

The club has fallen into mediocrity and if i'm honest it has been for 15-20 years.

We get pleased when we manage to scramble some sort of a performance together and win a few games but we go straight back down again. 

We are terrible as fans but i think thats the same at most clubs. You get sick of the dross and all you can do is complain. It shouldnt be like this but ive lost my appitite for the club of late and i hate that feeling.

The amount of broken promises and the amount of buyers over the years that almost buy out Ashley is insane but like good little supporters we must carry on and be there for the club and its players.

Its fucking hard though man it really is.