Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

9 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

No chance mainly because the game was postponed due to Corona in the Donny squad.

Fair play, being a smart ass never works for me 😁

Just now, FuddledFox said:

I think you just need to use more up to date fixture lists as the game was called of last week iirc.

Sky sports score centre doing me over!

142E1682-4DBF-4ADA-8CFE-24572FB8E014.thumb.png.1bd2f99957bfdbee3f4c1cf2b2d462fe.png

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

Says postponed underneath it.

Wow what is wrong with me, I think I need a long hard look in the mirror 😂

This is why people should not back me in the premier league tournament, reading isn’t my strong point or anything really.

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Hoping for a miracle... if we're still in it at 70 minutes, I'll be staggered...

Almost! But yeah, too good for us. Didn't let ourselves down but we've been a bit overawed. Ah well. A great experience and now, let's get promoted...

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Almost! But yeah, too good for us. Didn't let ourselves down but we've been a bit overawed. Ah well. A great experience and now, let's get promoted...

How is (John the) Baptiste getting on for the 🐝?

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

How is (John the) Baptiste getting on for the 🐝?

Constantly injured :( done his knee bad again, i believe. Not full-on ACL, but out for a while. Looks a baller but need to get him fit. Fosu has had more impact 😮

So Villa's first team will be unavailable for tomorrow. I wonder if they'll be forced to play the kids like we were last year when our first team was unavailable 😂

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

So Villa's first team will be unavailable for tomorrow. I wonder if they'll be forced to play the kids like we were last year when our first team was unavailable 😂

They have a choice. They can forfeit the game and be knocked out the cup or they can play there youth teams as Derby County are doing.

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wasn't that your first team wasn't available, Klopp decided the League Cup wasn't worth as much as the Club World Cup. 

Can't see why we can't postpone, we had our Newcastle game postponed cause of Covid, and other teams, like Man City have done the same. 

If this was Liverpool with an outbreak, you can bet your house on the game being postponed rather than forfeit the game. 

Edit - and unless we have 14 or more fit players, we won't have to forfeit anyway. 

Edit - Already one FA Cup game postponed;

Southampton v Shrewsbury

Edited by Jsavfc
corrections & links
8 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Already one FA Cup game postponed;

Southampton v Shrewsbury

Just going to say this. How is it that Derby have to play a youth team but Shrewsbury can rearrange the game by the sounds of it. I guess Derby have bigger training facilities so probably there youth team are separated from the first team but it’s hardly great for the integrity of the competition if it’s one rule for one club and not for others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55563342

Just now, FuddledFox said:

Just going to say this. How is it that Derby have to play a youth team but Shrewsbury can rearrange the game by the sounds of it. I guess Derby have bigger training facilities so probably there youth team are separated from the first team but it’s hardly great for the integrity of the competition if it’s one rule for one club and not for others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55563342

It isn't a good look when some teams get a easy let off. 

Im going to guess its down to this for the Saints game; 

The League One club do not have enough fit, non-isolating players to play the game at St Mary's Stadium.

Where as Derby have said they do have enough u-23 & u-18 to play the game. 

Not sure what is happening with ours at the minute - hoping for a postponement but, considering the FA and those in charge (and the opposition) i highly doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Im going to guess its down to this for the Saints game; 

The League One club do not have enough fit, non-isolating players to play the game at St Mary's Stadium.

Where as Derby have said they do have enough u-23 & u-18 to play the game. 

Not sure what is happening with ours at the minute - hoping for a postponement but, considering the FA and those in charge (and the opposition) i highly doubt it. 

So it comes down to Derby being honest and saying they have a fit youth team when what they should have done is said everyone is self isolating and ask for the game to be rearranged?

Seems a bit off to me, I think the rule should be more to do with the first team and not have some teams rely on youth’s, doesn’t seem fair in any way.

22 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

If this was Liverpool with an outbreak, you can bet your house on the game being postponed rather than forfeit the game. 

Obviously not as last year we were forced to play the kids when our first team was unavailable. Sure they were on the other side of the world due to piss poor scheduling from the FA Cup. Unavailable is unavailable. 

Just now, RichD said:

Seems a bit off to me, I think the rule should be more to do with the first team and not have some teams rely on youth’s, doesn’t seem fair in any way.

Don't most clubs want to use youth in the cups though? You can't say "the match shouldn't go ahead as we have to use kids" when alot of clubs use at least half an XI of kids in these early rounds. 

I think the match will be rescheduled, I'm not sure I think it should be though. Obviously it's not Villa's fault so you shouldn't punish them, yet at the same time noone cared last year when we wanted it rescheduled. 

Hate to sound like a downer but I just can’t see how we’ll be able to continue like this for much longer. Trouble this year is that I have a feeling the Euros will take place so if we have to delay the season I’m sat here genuinely wondering how we’ll complete the season.

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

So it comes down to Derby being honest and saying they have a fit youth team when what they should have done is said everyone is self isolating and ask for the game to be rearranged?

Rooney has never been the most honest or cleverest of chaps around