Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

6 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

It's okay fellas, two Uniteds won today... Oh my bad 😉

I'm just messing, I must admit I thought Bruce was doing well at yous until recently, he is trash and so devoid of ideas, no actual philosophy or style of play, he's one of the ma y managers to jump on the 5 atb bandwagon that Conte brought and it just doesn't work for anyone that isn't called Wolves, some good attacking talent in that Toon team and Bruce refuses to play to their strengths, I genuinely feel sorry for you all. 

#Bruceout #Howein

That’s the thing, a few of my mates think he was doing a good job as well, but that’s fair enough for a neutral as we aren’t down the bottom in the league. I have no idea how we have so many points, he just refuses to give any kind of attacking intent to the team, so frustrating.

Big win for Manchester United, vibe is buzzing for you mate!

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

That’s the thing, a few of my mates think he was doing a good job as well, but that’s fair enough for a neutral as we aren’t down the bottom in the league. I have no idea how we have so many points, he just refuses to give any kind of attacking intent to the team, so frustrating.

Big win for Manchester United, vibe is buzzing for you mate!

Have you read the after match report and Brucey's interview....its laughable.

He actually said we tried something different.😂 what a joke!

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Have you read the after match report and Brucey's interview....its laughable.

He actually said we tried something different.😂 what a joke!

Yeah I have, it’s an actual joke, he is so lucky there’s no fans at games or there would be a massive uproar against him! 

How could he genuinely look at that team he put out and think the fans would be happy, the bloke is clueless.

I would like to know if Joelinton is actually terrible or is it Bruce 😂

31 minutes ago, RichD said:

Yeah I have, it’s an actual joke, he is so lucky there’s no fans at games or there would be a massive uproar against him! 

How could he genuinely look at that team he put out and think the fans would be happy, the bloke is clueless.

I would like to know if Joelinton is actually terrible or is it Bruce 😂

It does make you think

17 minutes ago, Woody said:

It does make you think

Yeah it does big time!

I think my new profile photo sums up Bruce perfectly 😁

Social media is full of gold digging Man United fans who have crawled out of their caves again. God help us all.

(disclaimer: Aaron, you seem a fair United fan, so you aren’t included)

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Social media is full of gold digging Man United fans who have crawled out of their caves again. God help us all.

I guess that means @Nucleus and @BatiGoal are included 😂

On 13/01/2021 at 06:43, broodje kip said:

I guess that means @Nucleus and @BatiGoal are included 😂

On 13/01/2021 at 06:36, Rob said:

I agree with you mate wholeheartedly, I scrolled through Twitter last night and still have a headache now, don't worry though when we don't win the league they'll going into Anne Frank mode again

So Mane's through on goal with 5 seconds left to play and the ref blows the whistle? Alright mate. 

We've had one offside which was blown instantly, United have had 8 odd they've seen play out 😂

41 minutes ago, Ashez said:

So Mane's through on goal with 5 seconds left to play and the ref blows the whistle? Alright mate. 

We've had one offside which was blown instantly, United have had 8 odd they've seen play out 😂

Thought that was very curious. Don't think anyone was catching Mane either.

Yeah I was thinking that was a weird blow up!

Fair play Manchester United have been better than I thought they would, they should be in front.

The result looks alot worse on United than us. Sure we have attacking issues and a defensive crisis currently but United pushing for a 6 point gap at full strength hardly worried two CMs playing CB. 

Fabinho and Henderson would 100% be in our midfield, obviously we're going to be out of sorts with them being out of position. Thiago looks a level above but he's not match fit yet, but it's VVDs passing range from the back we miss. He'd so often set up the wide forwards or the wingbacks and obviously his pace allows us to play alot higher as does his ability in either box. 

19 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The result looks alot worse on United than us. Sure we have attacking issues and a defensive crisis currently but United pushing for a 6 point gap at full strength hardly worried two CMs playing CB. 

Fabinho and Henderson would 100% be in our midfield, obviously we're going to be out of sorts with them being out of position. Thiago looks a level above but he's not match fit yet, but it's VVDs passing range from the back we miss. He'd so often set up the wide forwards or the wingbacks and obviously his pace allows us to play alot higher as does his ability in either box. 

Gary Neville was spot on when he said we were playing against Liverpools reputation.

That was the worst Liverpool team we'll play against for years to come and our players seemed to the lack the belief that they could win that game. I agree Ash, I feel like we've missed a great opportunity there. 

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Gary Neville was spot on when he said we were playing against Liverpools reputation.

That was the worst Liverpool team we'll play against for years to come and our players seemed to the lack the belief that they could win that game. I agree Ash, I feel like we've missed a great opportunity there. 

If we played you with Scot Mc and Pogba at CB and we didn't wipe the floor with you I'd be gutted 😂. Shaw picked an excellent game for a peak Ashley Cole impression too though tbf. 

Henderson at CB means we don't have that drive in midfield, Fabinho there means we don't have that anchor. Robbo has played way too many mins and looks worn out but God knows what's going on with Trent. Ever since he got Covid he's not been the same, I dunno if Covid is the issue or the knock he got around that time but he's not right currently. 

Once Thiago, Oxlade and Shaq get properly match fit we'll at least have a squad and options again I guess. But I can't believe we didn't have a CB lined up for the second the window opened, not having fit CBs is one issue, it weakening midfield is another one. Admittedly we've covered okay without VVD and Gomez but it's taking its toll now and feels such a risk to try get through the season relying on that, one more injury and we're Gini at CB. 

We've everything to play for still so why roll the dice. 

Remember @Ashez around the beginning of the season time when I said to you that I thought and liked the idea of Fabinho being one of our two first choice centre backs? You disagreed and I find it quite laughable now as I was right but not in the way either of us thought lol.

I was listening to the match today and actually fell asleep and missed the whole of the middle part of the match. Doesn’t sound like I missed much though.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Remember @Ashez around the beginning of the season time when I said to you that I thought and liked the idea of Fabinho being one of our two first choice centre backs? You disagreed and I find it quite laughable now as I was right but not in the way either of us thought lol.

I was listening to the match today and actually fell asleep and missed the whole of the middle part of the match. Doesn’t sound like I missed much though.

Haha, I didn't mind him being 4th choice (even if Matip is massively injury prone), but first choice I wasn't keen on. However he's been absolutely excellent, if it continues like this we might be looking for a new DMC next summer and keep him and VVD together lol. Harsh on Gomez like but losing one we'd have dealt with its the fact both are out that's the killer. 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

What an awful game. At least at Spurs we get entertaining footy under Jose’s leadership.... 

Thanks for reminding me things could always be worse 👍

Just now, Ashez said:

Thanks for reminding me things could always be worse 👍

You are champions of, like, everything. Any other team is worse. It wasn’t your fault the game was awful, it was United’s. And Ole’s smug face at the end made me want to slap him. Nucleus must be spaffing all over the place tonight.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

You are champions of, like, everything. Any other team is worse. It wasn’t your fault the game was awful, it was United’s. And Ole’s smug face at the end made me want to slap him. Nucleus must be spaffing all over the place tonight.

No I’m not.

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

I really thought we were going to be "Big Sam'd" by United tbf 😂😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, Rob said:

It wasn’t your fault the game was awful, it was United’s.

I have to disagree mate. It takes 2 to tango and frankly both teams were shit tonight, singling us out as the reason for it is a little unfair, our attack looked better despite having a 3rd of the possession, I'm not going to call our defending brilliant as it was just as much Liverpools attack being mediocre at best

Edited by Aaron Thornton

I’ll reserve judgement until I at least watch the highlights tonight. I’ve seen the Pogba chance and I saw the ref blowing up 5 seconds early with mane running through on goal at the end of the first half so I should probably just save myself the bother.