Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

4 minutes ago, RichD said:

I just searched best signing and seen a the comments, I mentioned Havertz so let’s now discuss previous comments 😂

Thing is, he SHOULD be the best signing. But his manager is a moron.

No one can tell me the refs and var in the Premier league aren't corrupt. How is this not offside?! 

Man City player heads it to Mings, the offside player tackles Mings and they score. Complete and utter bollocks. 

20210120_195333.thumb.jpg.af8a073f325784a894e2ba5e18c6c2bc.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

No one can tell me the refs and var in the Premier league aren't corrupt. How is this not offside?! 

Man City player heads it to Mings, the offside player tackles Mings and they score. Complete and utter bollocks. 

20210120_195333.thumb.jpg.af8a073f325784a894e2ba5e18c6c2bc.jpg

Ridiculous decision, couldn’t quite believe it 👎🏻

28 minutes ago, RichD said:

Pogba been quite decent of late😯

Another great strike.

I still think in the back of my mind, he's just doing it to raise interest, I hope I'm wrong and he performs week in week out from now on but I have my doubts, plenty of past exprleriences to go off. 

7 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I still think in the back of my mind, he's just doing it to raise interest, I hope I'm wrong and he performs week in week out from now on but I have my doubts, plenty of past exprleriences to go off. 

Yeah this will build up summer interest. It was weird seeing him chase down someone and tackle them😂

Bees unbeaten in 16 now, 2nd vs 3rd next week when we play the Swans, massive. 

Lampard chat - he was always a farcical appointment. Doesn't surprise me at all to see him struggling. I wonder why they do it - if i had millions in the bank, I'd be on the beach, no stress...

2 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Bees unbeaten in 16 now, 2nd vs 3rd next week when we play the Swans, massive. 

Lampard chat - he was always a farcical appointment. Doesn't surprise me at all to see him struggling. I wonder why they do it - if i had millions in the bank, I'd be on the beach, no stress...

I think that as well. Especially Rooney, he has made an insane amount of money and Derby isn’t exactly the most sought after job these days with all there troubles. His bank account must be ridiculous.

could be to get away from his missus though I guess.

Edited by RichD

And now Dean Smith has been charged with insulting and offensive language towards the referee for taking offence to the most stupid offside decision in recent years. Quite why the FA can’t factor emotion and rule book stupidity in to factor and take a common sense approach to charging him I do not know... 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

And now Dean Smith has been charged with insulting and offensive language towards the referee for taking offence to the most stupid offside decision in recent years. Quite why the FA can’t factor emotion and rule book stupidity in to factor and take a common sense approach to charging him I do not know... 

It's pathetic and I 100% agree with you but by the laws the correct decision was made, even if it was one of the stupidest decision we've seen in a while. They can't be lenient as he kicked off to a "correct decision", and regardless of how poor the decision was they won't allow the ref to take abuse..

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I can't believe how shit we've been in recent months. I never thought this Liverpool team would be blunt!

Yeah a spark seems to be missing at the moment, maybe Jota is the missing piece, how long has he got left out?

Last season Liverpool would of scraped a 1-0 win today and against us. Even when they played poorly they always seemed to find a way to win. Liverpools next 6 games are going to be huge for them staying in contention for the league. 

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Last season Liverpool would of scraped a 1-0 win today and against us. Even when they played poorly they always seemed to find a way to win. Liverpools next 6 games are going to be huge for them staying in contention for the league. 

I’d like to apologise for the other day when I said you guys made your game against them boring. Having watched Liverpool do the exact same today against Burnley I will state that it is 100% them. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

I’d like to apologise for the other day when I said you guys made your game against them boring. Having watched Liverpool do the exact same today against Burnley I will state that it is 100% them. 

No need to apologise mate, everyone analyses football games differently, why do you think Carra and Neville both work for Sky 😂

I havent seen any stats from the match today but I wouldn't be surprised if they were almost identical to our game, it felt like I was watching the same match again. 

The vast majority of Man Utd fans previously supported Man City and now the majority of Liverpool fans will do the same no doubt.

I’m content and I’m just about to settle down and watch the end of last years season review. I’m not sure if it’s just the completing the jigsaw thing or the fact that I just can’t get into the game atm without fans but I just don’t find myself being bothered at all when we do shite. Maybe now the fact we have a tough battle on for top four might bring me more into it but I have my doubts.

Around where I live there are so many Liverpool and Manchester United supporters so as you can imagine there all really annoying on social media and that. Hope Tottenham or Leicester win the league but I know that’s not realistic.

5 minutes ago, RichD said:

Around where I live there are so many Liverpool and Manchester United supporters so as you can imagine there all really annoying on social media and that. Hope Tottenham or Leicester win the league but I know that’s not realistic.

Yeah I know lol. A lot of it’s just that the two clubs are the most followed and plenty are following due to both clubs great histories and they expect to be winning. If they are, they’re overbearing and if they’re not, they’re moaning. The London clubs have a disadvantage imo as there’s a few decent teams in a small area but regardless the two biggest clubs are Liverpool and Man Utd and it’ll take a lot of success for any other club to come up to their level in terms of fan base. Just how it is.

I couldn’t possibly hand the towel in yet but I’d also prefer either of the teams you mention rather than the Manchester teams. I do fancy city now though as they look pretty solid.

26 minutes ago, RichD said:

Yes it’s either Man City or Newcastle 

Liverpool fans, I come in peace. What’s happened with you lot? You looked out of ideas last night and Klopp is wearing the expression of a massively frustrated manager.

11 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I havent seen any stats from the match today but I wouldn't be surprised if they were almost identical to our game, it felt like I was watching the same match again. 

And our game. 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Liverpool fans, I come in peace. What’s happened with you lot? You looked out of ideas last night and Klopp is wearing the expression of a massively frustrated manager.

6FDCD4DE-EE3A-4901-8302-B795EE1B4A67.jpeg.5d52bd173da5b0b0d68beed24aafd745.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I honestly can’t answer that very well as I haven’t watched any of our matches for months. Can’t remember the last one I watched tbh. Without making excuses I do feel the schedule probably has a lot to do with it. There’s been a lot of talk about how good we’ve been over the last few years but for me the main feature has been our fitness and work rate and this schedule just doesn’t suit it. Maybe teams have kind of figured us out too and you sometimes need something different and we’re coming up short in that regard it would seem to me. Injuries too, plus no fans which is the same for everyone but it must’ve felt like a kick in the teeth for us after winning the league and not being able to properly celebrate with the fans. Also, this team has been together for a few years now and have won most of the big trophies so a bit of hunger might’ve gone. 

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

I honestly can’t answer that very well as I haven’t watched any of our matches for months. Can’t remember the last one I watched tbh. Without making excuses I do feel the schedule probably has a lot to do with it. There’s been a lot of talk about how good we’ve been over the last few years but for me the main feature has been our fitness and work rate and this schedule just doesn’t suit it. Maybe teams have kind of figured us out too and you sometimes need something different and we’re coming up short in that regard it would seem to me. Injuries too, plus no fans which is the same for everyone but it must’ve felt like a kick in the teeth for us after winning the league and not being able to properly celebrate with the fans. Also, this team has been together for a few years now and have won most of the big trophies so a bit of hunger might’ve gone. 

It’s weird watching you, and that fans bit probably makes a huge difference. I don’t mean this a jibe, but last night’s game was boring and I usually enjoy watching you guys play. It just didn’t feel very... Liverpool.

We've been out of a top form since the March lockdown tbh. We've stuttered since and while we've raised our performances for some big games we've not really played well this year. 

Personally I think the lack of a pre season did hurt us but the injuries way more. Just think about how it changes the team dynamics. 

We've coped defensively with Gomez and VVD being out but we've dropped deeper and you can tell the full backs aren't as adventurous. Then you have out DMC pivot in Fabinho who's arguably the best in the league at that role has been pushed back, and Thiago or Henderson just aren't Fabinho. That lack of true defensive pivot also impacts the fullbacks ability and willingness to push on. 

As for the fullbacks Robbo is stupidly over played now, he's played the most of any player in the world iirc and his minutes don't look to be slowing down, he's looked exhausted countless times but at least the Greek lad is back fit now. As for Trent his form has been ropey but ever since that injury and catching Covid he's just not been the same. Obviously he's known for his crossing but his fitness and ability to run up and down all game has always been a key feature to his game. 

With Fabinho and even Henderson being forced into defence the make up of the midfield has been all over the place, especially with Keita being Keita and Thiago getting snapped in half verse Everton. Which again comes to Gini who has been forced to be over played and often looks tired. 

As for the front three I'm more at a loss, obviously with a different midfield and less impactful WBs the attack will suffer but I don't have a clue what's happened to Mane and Salah. The issue is though we still haven't got the players to drop these, Jota is a start but Minamino isn't being given a chance and while I love Origi he's clearly not good enough. The Firmino one is alot more worrying though as he's been out of form for like 2 years now, maybe it's the start of the end for him but he still shows flashes, he's just lost that golden touch of late.