Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Just now, Jsavfc said:

I think your set up helps us, our front 4 will have a lot of space, and with your lack of pace the counter won't be too difficult to defend. Do you know if ASM is back? 

8AFDC723-46D0-4AD2-8291-834E7E74A421.thumb.jpeg.379dd12515b1a55eeee8a03835f51cb2.jpeg

Cant see this team getting anything out of the game with you. Wish Ritchie and Murphy were more in for Hendrick and Lewis, but I knew I shouldn’t expect a good team out, if we win, it will be luck.

Thats a pretty decent team from us. Hopefully Watkins can grab a goal. He's been unlucky recently. 

If you target the side with Cash, Traore doesn't like to track back that often so you could get some m joy down there

Just now, Jsavfc said:

Thats a pretty decent team from us. Hopefully Watkins can grab a goal. He's been unlucky recently. 

If you target the side with Cash, Traore doesn't like to track back that often so you could get some m joy down there

Is McGinn injured? Doesn't really matter. I'm just delighted he's not involved. Such a good player.

Our setup looks like a 4-3-3 but who knows. Only positive is ASM on the bench. Bruce will likely leave it until we're 2 or 3 down to bring him on anyway. I have zero confidence tonight. 😕

Just now, Dai_ said:

Is McGinn injured? Doesn't really matter. I'm just delighted he's not involved. Such a good player.

Our setup looks like a 4-3-3 but who knows. Only positive is ASM on the bench. Bruce will likely leave it until we're 2 or 3 down to bring him on anyway. I have zero confidence tonight. 😕

Got a yellow card against Man City so suspended for this game unfortunately.

Seens like you will try and crowd the midfield, even go 5 at the back so suspect Grealish to play out on the left to try and get more space. Barkley in the middle, infront of Luiz and Nakamba. 

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

I think it’s a 4-4-2 or a 5-3-2, mostly because Carroll and Wilson are playing and neither will play wing. I have no confidence either. Wingers need to be starting with Carroll starting👎🏻

10 minutes ago, RichD said:

I think it’s a 4-4-2 or a 5-3-2, mostly because Carroll and Wilson are playing and neither will play wing. I have no confidence either. Wingers need to be starting with Carroll starting👎🏻

😂 are we saying game over already. Doesnt look good anyway

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

😂 are we saying game over already. Doesnt look good anyway

It’s hard not too these days isn’t it, I hate being this negative 😂

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

It’s hard not too these days isn’t it, I hate being this negative 😂

Me too. We are playing two up top who are great at heading but playingwithout wingers.....the mind boggles!

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Me too. We are playing two up top who are great at heading but playingwithout wingers.....the mind boggles!

It’s ridiculous, like he’s got a first team coach and an assistant manager and between them they can’t figure out that you need to cross if you got two players up top who can header a ball? 

Looks like Graeame Jones May be coming in from Bournemouth to come in to the coaching staff, hope he can point the most obvious things out to them 😂

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

It’s ridiculous, like he’s got a first team coach and an assistant manager and between them they can’t figure out that you need to cross if you got two players up top who can header a ball? 

Looks like Graeame Jones May be coming in from Bournemouth to come in to the coaching staff, hope he can point the most obvious things out to them 😂

Yeah i read that this morning. Seems a decent coach tbf

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

Eddie Howe is getting his staff in early then.

You confused me then, you quoted it off woody and I thought I’m sure I wrote that 😂

But that would be nice if he was coming in because of Howe!

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

I feel sorry for you guys. Newcastle are fucking dreadful to watch 😂

The formation and tactics are making it so easy for you

1 minute ago, Woody said:

The formation and tactics are making it so easy for you

I must say we are playing like a team full of confidence, so many nice touches and little smart passes. Yes you are making it easy, but i love the team that we are becoming. 

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

I must say we are playing like a team full of confidence, so many nice touches and little smart passes. Yes you are making it easy, but i love the team that we are becoming. 

Villa look solid tbf. Great going forward.

I wrote out a big speech about what I think of this performance and the way I feel about this team I love so much but deleted it as I don't want to bore anyone. In a nutshell, we're pathetic!

I know a lot of Toon fans hate The Villa for whatever reasons but me, as a fan of free flowing football really enjoy watching them. Some brilliant players and a great coach that knows how to use these players is good to watch.

#BRUCEOUT

Just now, Dai_ said:

I wrote out a big speech about what I think of this performance and the way I feel about this team I love so much but deleted it as I don't want to bore anyone. In a nutshell, we're pathetic!

I know a lot of Toon fans hate The Villa for whatever reasons but me, as a fan of free flowing football really enjoy watching them. Some brilliant players and a great coach that knows how to use these players is good to watch.

#BRUCEOUT

You said it all mate, agree with all of that. We look like we have no idea how to create any chances whatsoever. It’s beyond now. We need a change, we don’t even set up in any way tactically. It’s awful.

@Jsavfcyou look a very good team! Good football fair play 😁

4 minutes ago, RichD said:

You said it all mate, agree with all of that. We look like we have no idea how to create any chances whatsoever. It’s beyond now. We need a change, we don’t even set up in any way tactically. It’s awful.

@Jsavfcyou look a very good team! Good football fair play 😁

We didn't need to come out of first gear, quite a professional performance from us. 

You guys look doomed. No style of play whatsoever ever, no urgency in that second half to even try and get back into the game. Feel sorry for Newcastle fans, I know what Bruce-Ball can do to a club! 

@RichD @Woody just watching Bruce talk after the game, saying he saw large parts that he was impressed and encouraged with?! Was he actually watching the same game... 

Also, if I was playing a drinking game and had to take a shot for every time he says 'enough' I'd be pissed as a fart right now! 

Wow just listening to Bruce talk after the game is just laughable now, think we played well for large spells and think we shown enough in that game. 

He said we can’t have an attacking style of play, but we haven’t got any style of play??

Edit: we posted the same time then @Jsavfc 😂

That drinking game would end in carnage! 

Bruce talks like he isn’t at the games 

Edited by RichD
12 minutes ago, RichD said:

Wow just listening to Bruce talk after the game is just laughable now, think we played well for large spells and think we shown enough in that game. 

He said we can’t have an attacking style of play, but we haven’t got any style of play??

Edit: we posted the same time then @Jsavfc 😂

That drinking game would end in carnage! 

Bruce talks like he isn’t at the games 

He hasnt got a clue

@RichD and @dai i've been looking at thw runners and riders of who could take over if Brucey gets the boot.

I'd take a punt on Joey Barton.

Edited by Woody
1 minute ago, Woody said:

@RichD and @dai i've been looking at thw runners and riders of who could take over if Brucey gets the boot.

I'd take a punt on Joey Barton.

Yeah I’d be happy with most managers at the moment, Joey definitely would bring passion that’s for sure, he seems intelligent, didn’t show it when he would get in trouble but still 😂

I just want someone who is tactically decent and wants to play a bit of football. Swansea’s manager Steve Cooper would be class but he wouldn’t leave now.