Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Damn, we were unlucky yet again by getting a referee who can't do his job. 

You're starting to talk like Klopp nowadays who has become Mourinho 2.0 in the last 3 years, Jose spent his whole life mastering the art of moaning and Klopp has got to that level in a fraction of the time. 

This victory could be massive psychologically for Manchester United for the rest of the season.

Still hope neither team win anything though as my social media is full of Manchester United now, it was Liverpool😥

3 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

You're starting to talk like Klopp nowadays who has become Mourinho 2.0 in the last 3 years, Jose spent his whole life mastering the art of moaning and Klopp has got to that level in a fraction of the time. 

Salah was manhandled multiple times and Jones was kicked in the head but nothing yet Cavani dives and it's a foul? Sure thing. Amazed he didn't invent it into a penalty tbh. 

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

This victory could be massive psychologically for Manchester United for the rest of the season.

Still hope neither team win anything though as my social media is full of Manchester United now, it was Liverpool😥

Small club mentality that. 

Makes me laugh all I'm seeing after the match is United fans @Aaron Thorntonincluded discussing Klopp and not the match 😂. The levels like. Who cares what managers think or say after or before the fact? The action is on the pitch. I couldn't give a toss what OGS has to say. 

I still think we'll finish above United tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Small club mentality that. 

Which bit? Not wanting either of you to do well or that it will be good for them psychologically? 😬

The result does our talking for us, I'm just sick of the excuses being made for Liverpool now everything isn't going their way and Klopp is at the heart of it, at least yous put the ball in the net today, that's progress

Nevermind the Rafa to Celtic rumours, he might be needed at Anfield

Form 

D D L W D L L 

You'd get sacked in FM managing Liverpool with a set of results like that 😉

22 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Form 

D D L W D L L 

Its not their fault though... 

Rubbish today watching the bees get battered by a very decent Leicester team. Watching my main man Cengiz Under, star of FMM challenges for me in years gone by, torching a 17yo RB playing LB for us was... odd.

Proper footballing lesson, big gulf in class, bigger than I'd have liked to see. 

Roll on Wednesday anyway, 2nd vs 3rd in the Championship...

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Form 

D D L W D L L 

You sure? I managed to get 10 losing streak for Man City and still not get sacked

3 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

The result does our talking for us, I'm just sick of the excuses being made for Liverpool now everything isn't going their way and Klopp is at the heart of it, at least yous put the ball in the net today, that's progress

You’re truly great, well done.

Joking aside; this was the first match of ours I’ve watched in months and I thought we were decent. Certainly not boring and I really wouldn’t want to use the excuse of us not having any fit natural centre backs but can’t help but think it kind of made the difference. Klopp has a free ride until he wants to leave as far as I’m concerned and I can sense a bit of a tiff between him and the owners so we’ll see how that goes. We need a centre back but I can see the caution with the uncertainty of how the financial side of the game may go over the next few years so it’s tricky. Excuses are like arseholes but with two of VVD, Matip and Gomez fit to start today then we win that game eight times out of ten.

Edited by Ian
4 hours ago, RichD said:

Which bit? Not wanting either of you to do well or that it will be good for them psychologically? 😬

Being a boost for the rest of the season. 

3 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Last month noone was near us, we've had a few questionable results yet now we're trash 😂. Just last month everyone was saying we're still the best team in the league and no-one will catch us. It's such a none story FFS, we'll be back and I don't doubt that for a second. Everyone will find this season tough, the season has plenty more ups and downs to come for everyone. 

What excuses though? Missing the best GK in the world, the best CB in the world and one of the best midfielders in the world for extended periods? Or being on the recieving end of bizarre referee decisions? Like I said the other day the Everton goal is given as it should have and the pen verse Newcastle and we're top the league ffs. Where would United be without the most VAR decisions in the league and the million penalties?

We've a tough month ahead so let's see how things stand then. Spurs had their spell as the team to beat and flopped, we had ours and flopped, now it's United"s turn and I'm sure City's will come but there is alot of football left yet. 

Sure United beat us today and got a point last week but we weren't outplayed. You bottled it last week and today you took advantage of a teenager from the conference being out his depth and Cavani stealing a foul. 

21 minutes ago, Ian said:

Joking aside; this was the first match of ours I’ve watched in months and I thought we were decent. Certainly not boring and I really wouldn’t want to use the excuse of us not having any fit natural centre backs but can’t help but think it kind of made the difference. Klopp has a free ride until he wants to leave as far as I’m concerned and I can sense a bit of a tiff between him and the owners so we’ll see how that goes. We need a centre back but I can see the caution with the uncertainty of how the financial side of the game may go over the next few years so it’s tricky. Excuses are like arseholes but with two of VVD, Matip and Gomez fit to start today then we win that game eight times out of ten.

TBF we've been bad recently but today wasn't a bad performance at all, the positive has to be Salah, Bobby and Trent seemed to show some form which they've not done in weeks.

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

You sure? I managed to get 10 losing streak for Man City and still not get sacked

Apologies, I substituted fact in an attempt at comedy. 

10 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Apologies, I substituted fact in an attempt at comedy. 

I’m sorry 😂.

I just think it’s quite hard to get sacked with world class reputation 

36 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Oh wait, Tuchel is the new manager! 

Beat us to a number of targets then bring in the Klopp impersonator.

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

@RichD @Woody Just read that Bruce has now banned newspapers & journos from asking questions at press conferences. This is going to end badly for him surely?!

He is just making it worse for himself.

On the Frank Lampard scenario. I think its disgusting that he maybe getting the boot. He has had 1 blip! Give the bloke chance turn it around. 

Ole could of been sacked loads of times by now and look where Man Utd are. Coaches need time. Unless your Steve Bruce.

4 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

@RichD @Woody Just read that Bruce has now banned newspapers & journos from asking questions at press conferences. This is going to end badly for him surely?!

Hopefully it ends badly 😂

I think he may have 1 or 2 games left under Ashley, I wish he would just go now. Looks like Eddie Howe may be the man they want.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Lampard to Newcastle?

Yes 😂.

At least nobody would criticise him for not getting the best out of Almiron and Joelinton 

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

He is just making it worse for himself.

On the Frank Lampard scenario. I think its disgusting that he maybe getting the boot. He has had 1 blip! Give the bloke chance turn it around. 

Ole could of been sacked loads of times by now and look where Man Utd are. Coaches need time. Unless your Steve Bruce.

I can’t stand Werner being criticised 😔

I may be in the minority here, but i don't believe Lampards sacking is harsh. 

If you back at his jobs as manager, he took Derby from 3rd...to 3rd, Chelsea from 6th....to 6th. Now spent over £200m on players who he can't get a tune out of. It was only ever going to end badly, that sort of money demands instant results. 

Lets be honest though, I don't think he expected the Chelsea job so early, it was always going to be end game. 

Hopefully he can get another job in the Championship, prove his worth as a manager then push back on. 

He impressed due to bedding in the kids, the second he got comfy he kicked them out the team and replaced them with big money flops.

Has he actually gone yet though?

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Rob said:

Has he actually gone yet though?

Yes he has. Just checked.