Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

6 in 2 games for Burnley, Dyche has whipped out the space cakes by the looks of it, and lost me my bet 😭

What was the Sheffield United game like? Just seen they won.

Manchester City looking good for the title.

EDIT:

C8F64612-FC2B-47BE-81DD-79946B4DE676.thumb.jpeg.644820a7adf38b6582cf1f1bbaa25261.jpeg

Just got sent this for martial, take it he didn’t move much 😂

Edited by RichD

I was working and missed it (un)fortunately, but you know our fans, one bad result and the pitchforks are out, though tbf Martial is a lazy ass mofo most of the time, serious attitude problem I think

I heard most of what was going on from my neighbour who is a Man Utd fan. I heard the cheers for the equaliser and then all sorts of obscenities a bit later which confirmed to me that Sheffield Utd had retaken the lead. I then heard a slammed door twenty odd minutes later which then confirmed the result 😂

17 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I was working and missed it (un)fortunately, but you know our fans, one bad result and the pitchforks are out, though tbf Martial is a lazy ass mofo most of the time, serious attitude problem I think

Maybe there's a bit of substance to the pitchforks being out as you are genuine contenders for the League at the moment. Losing to a record breaking worst Premier League team at this stage of a season is unthinkable. At least our loss to them was away from home and  we're abysmal this season. 🤣

1 minute ago, TheBluePrince said:

Glad Almiron is doing well for you guys! heartbroken when he left us for the CH (obviously I also support ATL as my local club)

He runs his socks off, I think he could shine if we had a style of football.

Just now, Dai_ said:

Maybe there's a bit of substance to the pitchforks being out as you are genuine contenders for the League at the moment. Losing to a record breaking worst Premier League team at this stage of a season is unthinkable. At least our loss to them was away from home and  we're abysmal this season. 🤣

Probably true, but the less deluded fans out there and there aren't many are quite happy with where we are, we had more than enough chances to win that game and they snatch it from a set piece and a very unfortunate OG, maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I'm content with our current situation. 

1 minute ago, TheBluePrince said:

Glad Almiron is doing well for you guys! heartbroken when he left us for the CH (obviously I also support ATL as my local club)

Brilliant little player. I watched the majority of ATL games that season you were fantastic with Miggy & Martinez going forward. Was breathtaking at times. Hes being asked to do a different job for us but runs his (very rapid) little socks off for us every match. I love him! 

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

I heard most of what was going on from my neighbour who is a Man Utd fan. I heard the cheers for the equaliser and then all sorts of obscenities a bit later which confirmed to me that Sheffield Utd had retaken the lead. I then heard a slammed door twenty odd minutes later which then confirmed the result 😂

Love it, did he throw in a bit of commentary

Just now, RichD said:

He runs his socks off, I think he could shine if we had a style of football.

hahaha! Fulham (I support too many teams) aren’t doing that well unfortunately- 18th with 13 points.

we have been doing pretty good lately with 3 draws and 2 losses in the last 5 games.

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_20210127_231527_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5c010efc1747be0d573036f05d6ab903.jpg

A reasonable excuse, he's not blaming everything under the sun for his side losing, it's OK to disagree with officials you know, but the excuse factory at Anfield is off the charts in recent months 😂, I'm just messing with you Ash or banter as the kids say nowadays

8 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

A reasonable excuse, he's not blaming everything under the sun for his side losing, it's OK to disagree with officials you know, but the excuse factory at Anfield is off the charts in recent months 😂, I'm just messing with you Ash or banter as the kids say nowadays

I keep hearing kids saying about the grass and wind stuff Klopp said 😂

29 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Love it, did he throw in a bit of commentary

I best not bother repeating it lol. It’s just the pure loudness of him though as you can hear the wife shouting at him which is her probably telling him to shut up but you can’t hear what she is saying which shows how loud he is. He’s a local guy from here and Susan knew him from where she lived a few years ago and she says they were both right into posh and becks back in the day 😂

They’d go out holding hands walking the dog and all that. We get on fine though and he probably first realised I was a Liverpool fan when Coutinho scored the all important goal in the Europa league tie at Old Trafford a few years ago as I somewhat celebrated which is unusual for me at home. He usually goes out for games involving us these days as he did this weekend and the only game I can remember him celebrating hard against us since was the one where Rashford destroyed us at old Trafford which I think was early 2018. He cheered us that year though when we beat city in the CL so that goes against what I’ve said previously but I’m guessing he just didn’t see us as a great threat at that time.

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

I best not bother repeating it lol. It’s just the pure loudness of him though as you can hear the wife shouting at him which is her probably telling him to shut up but you can’t hear what she is saying which shows how loud he is. He’s a local guy from here and Susan knew him from where she lived a few years ago and she says they were both right into posh and becks back in the day 😂

They’d go out holding hands walking the dog and all that. We get on fine though and he probably first realised I was a Liverpool fan when Coutinho scored the all important goal in the Europa league tie at Old Trafford a few years ago as I somewhat celebrated which is unusual for me at home. He usually goes out for games involving us these days as he did this weekend and the only game I can remember him celebrating hard against us since was the one where Rashford destroyed us at old Trafford which I think was early 2018. He cheered us that year though when we beat city in the CL so that goes against what I’ve said previously but I’m guessing he just didn’t see us as a great threat at that time.

He sounds like a great fella to go for a pint with 😂🍻, many times when I lived at home, my Mum was always telling me f*ck up she didn't want to hear a running commentary two floors down 😂 what can you do? 

In truth Man U weren’t anywhere near as good as all of this recent being almost certain to win the league stuff and hearing it all would make you think they were in a similar position to what we were last year at this stage but I’m also guessing they probably weren’t as bad as you’d think today in truth. Long race and they’re in it. I think I really went for city the other day in here and even though they must be favourites, I’d like to retract that based on the KDB injury. Still favourites for me but I wouldn’t be putting much money on them as it’s all rather unpredictable.

41 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

He sounds like a great fella to go for a pint with 😂🍻, many times when I lived at home, my Mum was always telling me f*ck up she didn't want to hear a running commentary two floors down 😂 what can you do? 

He is alright and just gets himself up for the games. We had a hedge between our two houses last year that was awful and half dead so we got together, removed it and replaced it with a nice steel fence. We had a few football discussions during that time and disagreed on plenty of stuff but agreed on a lot more so all is fine. I mean, I wasn’t going to try and argue that fergie was crap and he was quite complimentary on us over recent years under Klopp so it was a non runner. Very sensible really.

44 minutes ago, Ian said:

In truth Man U weren’t anywhere near as good as all of this recent being almost certain to win the league stuff and hearing it all would make you think they were in a similar position to what we were last year at this stage but I’m also guessing they probably weren’t as bad as you’d think today in truth. Long race and they’re in it. I think I really went for city the other day in here and even though they must be favourites, I’d like to retract that based on the KDB injury. Still favourites for me but I wouldn’t be putting much money on them as it’s all rather unpredictable.

Yeh I've always said I don't think we're quite good enough to challenge a top City or Liverpool, Liverpool were on fire till new year and there in a blip right now, which happens to everyone and City had a slow start but look phenomenal right now, the best bet is to NOT bet on the league winner

Edited by Aaron Thornton
2 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Just watched MOTD and he did indeed have all of the excuses under the sun. We had the decisions stuff and the moaning about the oppositions defensive block. Not sure what else I’m missing as he can’t complain about injuries surely as he has next to non from what I can see. 

Spurs would have walked the league had Liverpool rightfully had their second goal versus them ruled out for an assault on Dier on the edge of the area. It’s poor decisions like that which massively alter the path of champions.

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Just watched MOTD and he did indeed have all of the excuses under the sun. We had the decisions stuff and the moaning about the oppositions defensive block. Not sure what else I’m missing as he can’t complain about injuries surely as he has next to non from what I can see. 

I stand corrected, maybe the pressure of being up there does that to a man, I didn't see his full interview and as such do not know what he said, but if he's complaining about everything then I'm disappointed in him, #OleOut, #OleIn

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Spurs would have walked the league had Liverpool rightfully had their second goal versus them ruled out for an assault on Dier on the edge of the area. It’s poor decisions like that which massively alter the path of champions.

And if Own goals were not allowed we would of scraped a point... I dream of football being played MY way 😵

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Now no Fabinho :(

Tough one that one, he’s immense.

Looking forward to this game, hope there’s goals but no doubt it will end up 0-0 😂

I fully expect us to lose tbh. I hate saying it but that XI is a mess and if Spurs are serious they surely have to beat us? 

Hendo at CB, and a midfield that offers little and no creativity especially unless Thiago is the 8 which we've not seen yet, if he's the 6 Milner and Gini are basically legs. 

We'll need the front three on electric form which we've not seen in months. Same for the FBs but with broken defence and mismatched midfield will they be able to get forward enough. 

It's going to be a shitty Mourinho 1 or 2 0 isn't it on the break 😭