Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

I may pretend to be a Barcode tonight to see what it’s like.

At the moment I think Bruce is ok. 

You're just a stirrer ya cheekey monkey.

My local team Port Vale have made Darrell Clarke their new manager today from Walsall. Very very good appointment.

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

I may pretend to be a Barcode tonight to see what it’s like.

At the moment I think Bruce is ok. 

You can't pretend mate. It's either in you or it isn't. 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

So @Rich @Dai_ i hear Brucey Bonus is going defensive tonight! Yes we are playing Chelsea but lets not just roll over and get our tummies tickled eh?

I feared he would. Yes, we're not at full strength but we have Gayle to replace Wilson. I'd rather we gave it a go. We're not expected to beat the likes of Chelsea so why not? He's talked up Gayle so many times but is reluctant to use him. 😡

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

You can't pretend mate. It's either in you or it isn't. 

I feared he would. Yes, we're not at full strength but we have Gayle to replace Wilson. I'd rather we gave it a go. We're not expected to beat the likes of Chelsea so why not? He's talked up Gayle so many times but is reluctant to use him. 😡

I think Gayle needs a partner though but if Almiron can keep feeding him then he msy prove a point tonight.

I’d probably start Gail tonight. Get her off of the cobbles, away from dear David,  and get her playing like old Norris did back in the 40s.

1 minute ago, Woody said:

I think Gayle needs a partner though but if Almiron can keep feeding him then he msy prove a point tonight.

The way we've set up recently he would have a partner. Almiron or Willock would always be buzzing around him. He doesn't need a partner though. He was a lone striker that season in the Championship. You don't lose the instincts man. He'd score a decent amount of goals with a run in a team.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

I’d probably start Gail tonight. Get her off of the cobbles, away from dear David,  and get her playing like old Norris did back in the 40s.

Behave ya self 😜

Maybe if we do start 5 at the back, even with that maybe we won’t be as defensive now Jones is there. I hope to see a good approach. 

I also want Gayle to start, if not, Carroll, just not Joelinton please 🤞🏻

Just taken my tshirt off and I am standing outside in the cold and rain watching the telly through the window just to get in to the mode of being a proper Barcode.

COME ON YOU TOON!

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

Going for it by the looks of it, happy days😁

Would you say thats a 4411?

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Rob said:

Just taken my tshirt off and I am standing outside in the cold and rain watching the telly through the window just to get in to the mould of being a proper Barcode.

COME ON YOU TOON!

Thought that was you on me lawn!

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just taken my tshirt off and I am standing outside in the cold and rain watching the telly through the window just to get in to the mode of being a proper Barcode.

COME ON YOU TOON!

😂😂😂 Made me laugh out loud, terrific work mate

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

COME ON YOU TOON!

You are the Biggest Newcastle fan on here now 😁

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

added 0 minutes later

Looks like the diamond we’ve been using, Hayden at the back of it, with Shelvey and Willock ahead of him. Almiron as a false 10, then ASM and Gayle kind of like strikers that drift wide. Very brave!

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

COME ON YOU TOON!

Haha! Brilliant!

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

added 0 minutes later

I think it's the same as we have been the last few weeks. Unless Hayden is in the back 5 and I'm looking at it wrong.

If we're setting up this way we need to press. We're sitting off them, scared to commit almost. It's either go at them or sit back. Cant afford to lurk in between. 😡

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

If we're setting up this way we need to press. We're sitting off them, scared to commit almost. It's either go at them or sit back. Cant afford to lurk in between. 😡

Yeah we need to get close to them, we haven’t got on the ball enough either or should I say had the right people on the ball. 

They're set up perfectly against us. Creating overloads on both sides and our midfielders are being expected to track wingbacks. This could get messy. 🙄

Just now, Dai_ said:

They're set up perfectly against us. Creating overloads on both sides and our midfielders are being expected to track wingbacks. This could get messy. 🙄

I could tell from the way Tuchel spoke before the game, he knew exactly how to set up, he knew exactly how we were going to be. Would love if we had one more CM with legs. 

Absolutely fuming with this. Bruce played the attacking lineup we wanted and Champions League-chasing megabuck-spending home team Chelsea are beating us. BRUCE IS AN IDIOT. We should be winning these games 17-0 with Asprilla scoring 18 of them and Ketsbia beating the tar out of the advertising boards.

#bruceout

#fixhisnose

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Absolutely fuming with this. Bruce played the attacking lineup we wanted and Champions League-chasing megabuck-spending home team Chelsea are beating us. BRUCE IS AN IDIOT. We should be winning these games 17-0 with Asprilla scoring 18 of them and Ketsbia beating the tar out of the advertising boards.

#bruceout

#fixhisnose

Haha I’m not annoyed with this game at all, I like how we lined up, Chelsea are just too good.

Not like the games where we have 9 defenders starting.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

#bruceout

#fixhisnose

Don't panic, Joelinton has just come on.....

Ketsbia was an awesome mad man. I remember he was linked with taking us over a few years back. That would have been fun 😂

Thought we played alright considering.

Better 2nd half and clearly not good enough to beat Chelsea but we made a good account of ourselves.

Saint-maximin isnt fit enough to start yet either.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Thought we played alright considering.

Better 2nd half and clearly not good enough to beat Chelsea but we made a good account of ourselves.

Saint-maximin isnt fit enough to start yet either.

Yeah agreed, Chelsea are a good team. We played alright second half, we did miss Wilson, hope we don’t miss him too much over the next few weeks! And like you say about ASM, hopefully his fitness can build now.