Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Thought we played alright considering.

Better 2nd half and clearly not good enough to beat Chelsea but we made a good account of ourselves.

Saint-maximin isnt fit enough to start yet either.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah agreed, Chelsea are a good team. We played alright second half, we did miss Wilson, hope we don’t miss him too much over the next few weeks! And like you say about ASM, hopefully his fitness can build now.

I think I was a bit deluded going into this one that we could nick something. Been telling people all week. On the other hand, I also told everyone I know that has any interest in football to put money on Werner scoring. Shame I didn't listen to my own advice there, eh? 🤦‍♂️

We're far from a finished article but we're headed in the right direction, I think. Granted, we are slipping down the league bit by bit every week. I just hope the pressure of that doesn't get to the players and we start panicking. We have to play the three teams below us. Those games matter massively. It's just so important we pick up a few points in other games. 

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Haha I’m not annoyed with this game at all, I like how we lined up, Chelsea are just too good.

Not like the games where we have 9 defenders starting.

Werner is too good for Newcastle 

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

We need more refereeing like this. 🤪

Awesome.

Id love to see a ref turn around and whack a player 😂

Massive game for Newcastle tonight.

Burnley v Fulham. 

Personally I think this is the crunch game that will decide things. If Fulham win I believe Newcastle are down. The momentum is completely opposite at both clubs. 

On the other hand, if Fulham lose  I think the Geordies will be safe. 

13 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Massive game for Newcastle tonight.

Burnley v Fulham. 

Personally I think this is the crunch game that will decide things. If Fulham win I believe Newcastle are down. The momentum is completely opposite at both clubs. 

On the other hand, if Fulham lose  I think the Geordies will be safe. 

I'm not convinced this has that much of a say. Could be wrong.

A draw would suit us, I think. We still have to play the three teams below us so as long as its still in our hands, I have faith. Sort of. ☺

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Oh dear 😂

Who is she? I hope this is a piss take video 😂

Score predictions? I’m going 3-1 Liverpool.

On 17/02/2021 at 22:09, Mr Tree said:

We've decided to celebrate the end of a 21-match unbeaten run by losing consecutive matches, yay :(

Now 3 in a row. The type of run that, if it happened on FMM, you'd say "that shit doesn't happen in real life" :(

Just now, Mr Tree said:

Now 3 in a row. The type of run that, if it happened on FMM, you'd say "that shit doesn't happen in real life" :(

Not joking. I stopped betting on you 3 games ago.....wonder if that has anything to do with it? 👀

Not joking. I stopped betting on you 3 games ago.....wonder if that has anything to do with it? 👀

I'm definitely gonna change my lucky underwear

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I'm definitely gonna change my lucky underwear

I think it’s the only way things will turn around!

Was Toney injured today?

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think it’s the only way things will turn around!

Was Toney injured today?

Yep. And our finnish kid in reserve has a bit of something about him, but too raw for now - totally toothless today. 

Just now, Mr Tree said:

Yep. And our finnish kid in reserve has a bit of something about him, but too raw for now - totally toothless today. 

Is he out for a while?

Always thought there was something about Toney when he came to us, he had a confidence to him. But I didn’t think selling him was a bad thing as he wasn’t ready at the time. 

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is he out for a while?

Always thought there was something about Toney when he came to us, he had a confidence to him. But I didn’t think selling him was a bad thing as he wasn’t ready at the time. 

Couple of weeks apparently, but we're very secretive about injuries in general...

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Liverpool are in the shit. Need a win desperately today but thats a crap start!!

I take back my 3-1 I think 👀

We beat Everton 2-0, we better than Liverpool now? 🤔😂

Just now, Ashez said:

Another "CB" injury and that "penalty" 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t agree with the pen at all, but I find it mad the form at home for you without fans. Great win in the week, but you looked lacklustre tonight. Bruce in?

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Another "CB" injury and that "penalty" 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Will be used to deflect from what was another awful performance from Liverpool. 

What was it that Keane said, 'bad champions'. 

Our forms shit wherever we are as we're missing our spine mate, got a result mid week as they shit the bed and gave us goals. 

That's our 18th CB partnership FFS. 18th. 

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

Will be used to deflect from what was another awful performance from Liverpool. 

What was it that Keane said, 'bad champions'. 

First half we were wank, second half we played alot better and should have scored. If you don't take your chances though you don't get the points. Pickford made some massive saves and Keane some massive blocks. 

I'm going to post something  that will possibly stop a lot of excuses. I'm sure there will be counter arguments but I found it very revealing. 

The following is from the week after VVD's injury, not months after, not now but the week after only. 

It is evidence that Liverpool's form had reversed since they were odds on to win the league with just the games remaining after the first lockdown. 

More importantly look at the goals conceded, joint second worst in the league with VVD!!!!!!

The squad completely downed tools when they knew they had the league won which is why Roy Keane and many others think they are bad champions. 

The following shows Liverpools form (and more importantly their shocking defence with Gomez and VVD) between being champions elect up until 1 game after VVD injury. 

Pqoyt0S.jpg

VVD was injured on October 17th 2020. This article was on 26th October. 

They conceded 1 extra goal against Sheffield Utd in between VVD injury and this table. 

Edited by billy2shots

So ranking essentially dead games? 👍 And when Alisson was out injured last season and this season? How many of those did Adrian concede? 

VVD injury 17th October (after the Villa 7 goals Adrian conceded btw ;))

Gomez injury was November 11th. 

Xmas we were top and clear. 

Matip injury 28th January

Screenshot_20210220_195347_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.945de428992a058ced920c5f578f55a2.jpg

We've fell apart since Xmas. 

Our form since Xmas has been utter shit, but Henderson, Gini and Fabinho have ran themselves into the ground covering the injuries. It's no surprise that during the most hectic part of the season our thin squad imploded. 

18th CB partnership this season, you lost Laporte last season and look what it did to you, we've lost two as good as Laporte if not better in VVDs case. Our Three injured CBs would arguably get into your team, Dias and Laporte are fantastic but so are Gomez, Matip and VVD. 

Losing those then meant we lost Fabinho and later Hendo in midfield and now entirely through injury. 

Then God knows what's going on with Jota as the front three need breaks and it kills me to say it but Firmino needs dropping. I hope his days aren't numbered but they're seriously starting to look it, he's been out for form for well over a year now. 

We're shit, I can't defend how we've played the last two months but it's partly expected. Injuries happen but to lose an entire "department" of a squad is utter madness. Especially the length and considering two were from "accidents" and not "footballing injuries". VVD we coped with reasonably well, if Matip and Gomez were available I 100% believe we'd be doing much better, that would put Hendo and Fab back in midfield. That's not even thinking about Nabby who's be MIA most the season. Thank god Jones has shown he's up to the job as without him we'd be even thinner. 

We aren't missing squad players we're missing guaranteed starters that basically dominated for the last 2 years. Obviously we're going to drop off, ability wise is clear but also mental and belief wise. It's an utter shit show. 

This season is a write off, it was the second we didn't get a worthy CB replacement on January 1st (as hood as Matip is he's so injury prone) and allowed this mess to continue. Get top four and see what happens in the CL. It hurts to say but if our squad was what we have available and if the injured lads didn't exist noone would expect anything more from us, the likes of VVD made us challengers and winners. 

However if things are like this next season with everyone back, we'll have reason for conversations. 

I’ll be honest I’m enjoying Liverpool doing poor, nothing to do with you though @Ashez, my brother supports them, my other brother supports Manchester United, so I’m equally happy when they do poor.

Just wish I could boast about Newcastle someday 😂

I’ll be honest I’m enjoying Liverpool doing poor, nothing to do with you though @Ashez, my brother supports them, my other brother supports Manchester United, so I’m equally happy when they do poor.

Just wish I could boast about Newcastle someday 😂

You need to take the rough with the smooth, I'm not enjoying it at all now but it makes the last few years so much sweeter. Hell parts the last few years even got a tad boring, you love it don't get me wrong but you also want the actual drama of football to happen haha. It helps I 100% believe we'll be back to our best next season though. 

Ash, if we forget about the 'essentially dead games'👍

Liverpool conceded 15 goals in the first 7 games this season up until their first centreback injury (VVD)

15 IN 7!!!!!

Fans will always ignore certain games or point at decisions as to why that result shouldn't count. You will want to remove the Villa goals to make your next point. I want to disallow Llorente's handball and make us CL champs but life doesn't work that way. 

Something is rotten at Liverpool. The attitude since as good as winning the title is totally off. 

I called it after the first Allison mistake against City, his teammates turned their back showing no support. A couple of minutes later it happened again then again the next week. I'm not saying that wouldn't have happened if his team rallied around him but the optics sucked. 

Klopp said you were 'brilliant' in that post match interview 😂  

Today he said you were so 'creative' 😆.

It seems everyone can see what's going on apart from those with red tinted spectacles and it's gone past funny, it's starting to be a little cringey and I'm feeling sorry for Jurgen in particular. He lost the plot at Dortmund in similar fashion and it could be a case of history repeating itself.