Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Manchester City have an insane week beating Spurs, Everton and Arsenal which is a massive 9 points by any clubs standards and you only want to discuss Liverpool 😂

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Manchester City have an insane week beating Spurs, Everton and Arsenal which is a massive 9 points by any clubs standards and you only want to discuss Liverpool 😂

Ummm, I just replied to yet another

'its not fair we have injuries' post. 

Truth is you've caught me. I'm a closet red. I just didn't know how to come out. 

Seriously though I'm a stats man. I love them and perhaps thats why I've always enjoyed CM/FM. 

Stats and evidence are a far better barometer than emotions which we all get wrapped up in. 

I know Liverpool fans think they've had it far worse than any other team has experienced in the history of the sport, but that's just biased emotion based and isn't backed up by reality. 

When you hit them with the facts they deflect like you are doing. 

Edited by billy2shots
4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Are we going to keep arguing about Liverpool and Man City? I’ve gone bored of it.

Sorry mate, I'm not arguing. It's just tiresome seeing (not just on FM) the same old excuses. 

I hope Ash understands this has nothing to do with him, just my view in general. 

you're winding him up though mate.

If Liverpool had the team and spending power of you lot they would be out of sight and you can't argue against that considering how last season went..

The injuries have destroyed the 1st 11 regardless of how well Liverpool are not playing but it just exacerbates things.

You would rattle the same shite if it was Man Utd and its just getting old now. Look at Newcastle, if we had the injuries Liverpool had to our most important players we would most likely be bottom(granted we practically are). we have a few 1st teamers out now that is costing us plus out of form players.

Its all contextual.

4 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Sorry mate, I'm not arguing. It's just tiresome seeing (not just on FM) the same old excuses. 

That's not what's tiresome. Tbf i thought my brentford interjections were, but they're probably seen as light relief amidst the darkness...

1 hour ago, Woody said:

you're winding him up though mate.

If Liverpool had the team and spending power of you lot they would be out of sight and you can't argue against that...

That's... not the impression I'm getting :D

Fair enough. 

Sorry if I have wound you up Ash and sorry to everyone else for keeping on. 

I'm sure Liverpool will be back on top next season with better injury luck. 

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

Consider it saved. 👌

I hope it happens now, I just wanted to have one of the moments where I’m rarely right and maybe get lucky 😂

6 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

OMFG. He won't get a better chance ffs. 🙈

Nearly worked didn’t it. He’s never been closer than tonight, 3 shots on target, one so unlucky with Saiss (means English in welsh) clearing 👎🏻

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Nearly worked didn’t it. He’s never been closer than tonight, 3 shots on target, one so unlucky with Saiss (means English in welsh) clearing 👎🏻

Spelled Saes though. 😜

A point keeps us out of the bottom three no matter what Fulham do. Points need to come before performances unfortunately. We can't keep sitting back and saying we played well. Means F' all. Now. I just hope and pray (I'm not religious at all but I'll do anything if it helps) Almiron and ASM aren't too badly injured. ASM looked like a dead leg from a collision. Not sure about Miggy. Looked similar to what injured Schar. 😔

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I hope it happens now, I just wanted to have one of the moments where I’m rarely right and maybe get lucky 😂

He couldn't of come much closer, that 'block' by Saiss was nuts. 

It was a game of two half-halves there 😂 yous were much better at the start of each half, then Wolves would take over, strange game, but a fun one. 

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Spelled Saes though. 😜

A point keeps us out of the bottom three no matter what Fulham do. Points need to come before performances unfortunately. We can't keep sitting back and saying we played well. Means F' all. Now. I just hope and pray (I'm not religious at all but I'll do anything if it helps) Almiron and ASM aren't too badly injured. ASM looked like a dead leg from a collision. Not sure about Miggy. Looked similar to what injured Schar. 😔

Yeah I know but I thought the spelling was close enough 😂 (Welsh first language)

Its hard to judge that game for me, I felt like we did well for parts and could see what we were trying, we just didn’t not take our chances. We should have score more than 1. I know if them two are out, I hate saying this, but we are down. Wilson, ASM and Almiron our best players going forward.

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

He couldn't of come much closer, that 'block' by Saiss was nuts. 

It was a game of two half-halves there 😂 yous were much better at the start of each half, then Wolves would take over, strange game, but a fun one. 

Yeah it was a great block! I know you would have been on edge wanting Newcastle to score as well, sad times 😥

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yeah I know but I thought the spelling was close enough 😂 (Welsh first language)

Its hard to judge that game for me, I felt like we did well for parts and could see what we were trying, we just didn’t not take our chances. We should have score more than 1. I know if them two are out, I hate saying this, but we are down. Wilson, ASM and Almiron our best players going forward.

We are in the shit now mate

On 22/02/2021 at 12:11, billy2shots said:

For some context,

There have been 25 League games played by the majority of teams. If we take a rough guide as 3/4 of the season that would equal 18 games so far. I would be happy if my players played 3/4 of league matches given other cup commitments.

Liverpool players who have played 3/4 of league games or more.

Allison 21

Robertson 25

TAA 23

Fabinho 18

Gini W 25

Henderson 21

Jones 18

Firmino 25

Mane 22

Salah 24

10 players have played 3/4 of games or more and that looks like a pretty decent team right there. Add in a centreback to partner Fab and that's a title winning starting 11.

Leicester City. Played the same amount of games and have to contend with the harder schedule of the UEFA Cup.

Kasper 25

Justin 23

Evans 21

Tielemans 25

Maddison 23

Albrighton 18

Barnes 24

Mendy 19

Vardy 21

( players who have played 3/4 of league games or more)

Comparing the 2 teams above I would say Leicester have considerably outperformed Liverpool considering - Players available, current league standing and the UEFA Cup commitments.

Other teams ahead of Liverpool in the League

Man U - 12 players have played 3/4 of games or more

Man City 10, I'm surprised by that. The same as Liverpool

West Ham -  8 players !!!!!!

Chelsea - 9 Players

Take from that what you will but I guess 20/21 is just a crazy season for every team. Some have outperformed their circumstances and some have not.

Just saw this and obviously thought of this. 

Screenshot_20210227_220457_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.3975809f9782e46f5e65847feea1510d.jpg

1 minute ago, Woody said:

We are in the shit now mate

Big time mate! Very scary. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Just saw this and obviously thought of this. 

Screenshot_20210227_220457_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.3975809f9782e46f5e65847feea1510d.jpg

Thought we were over this Ash ffs 😂

38 minutes ago, Rich said:

Big time mate! Very scary. 

Thought we were over this Ash ffs 😂

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Loved that, you never see Jamie Redknapp like that, I can see where both are coming from but I do think they should be higher than 9th. 

Bale having a great first half against Burnley, finally 😝