Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

40 minutes ago, Ashez said:

OGS took that well then 😂😂😂😂

Didn't get to see the game or interviews afterwards, thanks to work, I swear my work books me in everytime United are playing 😠

I'll watch MOTD tonight then give you my opinion. 😊

Two home wins have the bees back on track, coupled nicely with 3rd and 4th losing yesterday. 1st vs 2nd on Wednesday, should be fun! 

Our keeper did an Alisson in the first 30 seconds yesterday for an unideal start, but that lad Janelt scored this screamer to get us back on terms:

The kid's done so well, he really might be pushing Toney close for our player of the season! 

45 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Two home wins have the bees back on track, coupled nicely with 3rd and 4th losing yesterday. 1st vs 2nd on Wednesday, should be fun! 

Our keeper did an Alisson in the first 30 seconds yesterday for an unideal start, but that lad Janelt scored this screamer to get us back on terms:

The kid's done so well, he really might be pushing Toney close for our player of the season! 

You have a habit of finding and producing top class forwards, thats for sure

I'm still recovering from the West Brom Brighton game, especially as West Brom won, which never happens!

7 minutes ago, Albionic said:

You have a habit of finding and producing top class forwards, thats for sure

I'm still recovering from the West Brom Brighton game, especially as West Brom won, which never happens!

Wonder if you had big Sam all season, would he have kept you up? 🤔

I thought Bilic was doing alright with the squad of players you have, not saying you have a bad squad 👀

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I wonder if they would have stayed up if they had kept Bilic as @Albionic can correct me if I’m wrong but they were much closer to safety with him than Allardyce has them now. Perhaps if Sam doesn’t keep them up then no one could though.

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

I wonder if they would have stayed up if they had kept Bilic as @Albionic can correct me if I’m wrong but they were much closer to safety with him than Allardyce has them now. Perhaps if Sam doesn’t keep them up then no one could though.

Yeah I couldn’t remember, but I remember when they got rid of Bilic I was actually a bit surprised as I thought he was doing well with what he had tbh.

This will surely be Big Sams first relegation now, sorry @Albionic

There's still 36 points up for grabs, I'm not so sure on any of the relegation teams yet, one good run of 5 games or so for any of those teams and they're back in with a shout. 

Sheff Utd, being the exception of course, they look defeated already. 

On another note, If anyone at Brighton could finish, they'd be mid table at least 😂

There last 3 games:

0 win

1 draw

2 lost

66 shots 

1 goal

Horrendous conversion rate while playing nice football. Its a small sample size of three games but their season as a whole has been much the same just not to this extreme. 

Just now, Aaron Thornton said:

On another note, If anyone at Brighton could finish, they'd be mid table at least 😂

There last 3 games:

0 win

1 draw

2 lost

66 shots 

1 goal

Horrendous conversion rate while playing nice football. Its a small sample size of three games but their season as a whole has been much the same just not to this extreme. 

Yeah when I seen that stat yesterday, I was amazed, 66 shots in 3 games in the prem is mental by itself but to only score 1 is ridiculous 😂

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah when I seen that stat yesterday, I was amazed, 66 shots in 3 games in the prem is mental by itself but to only score 1 is ridiculous 😂

If it happened to any of us on FMM, we'd have thrown the towel in 😂😂

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

I thought Bilic was doing alright with the squad of players you have, not saying you have a bad squad 👀

23 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I think if we had Bilic all season we would have gone down, purely because the transfer business he did was shockingly bad. He signed Grant and Diangana for a combined 40 mil and they have done virtually nothing, even under Bilic. Meanhwile allardyce's signings have had an instant impacts, with yokusulu, AMN and Diagne all being excellent and having an impact. The squad was just not good enough, as I discovered playing fmm, and we weren't solid at the back even in the championship. I still have no idea how we got promoted. The best we can hope for now is probably to enter the championship with momentum, as to try and come back up.

Also watching them, they have looked more solid and better going forward under Allardyce than Bilic, and we probably would have stayed up with Allardyce all season

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

This will surely be Big Sams first relegation now, sorry @Albionic

He’ll get the Celtic job just before there relegation is confirmed meaning his no PL relegations record is intact. He does have a relegation on his CV at Notts County but that was in the old Division 2 and so doesn’t count to most media these days.

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

OGS took that well then 😂😂😂😂

He's pissed!!! 🤣 But seriously I don't think that should ever be handball now or with the previous rules, but if what Luke Shaw said is true, then that's idiotic, because the ref saying that, means he believes it might have been a Pen but decided not to give it as it would cause "too much controversy" that's the stupidest reason I've ever heard 😂 even still I don't want to see that being a handball, I don't think anybody does. 

The relegation battle has turned out to be something that’s kind of pulled me in tbh. I think Sheffield United are obviously down, I haven’t quite condemned WBA yet but they’re close and will need to close the gap very sharpish. I see Southampton being alright and although Burnley look shite at times, I do think they’ll be ok too so it’s two of Brighton, Toon, Fulham or WBA for me and I certainly wouldn’t like to bet much money on any of the teams at this stage. A lot of this is just from checking results and watching the odd MOTD so bare that in mind lol. 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

He’ll get the Celtic job just before there relegation is confirmed meaning his no PL relegations record is intact. He does have a relegation on his CV at Notts County but that was in the old Division 2 and so doesn’t count to most media these days.

If West brom are looking like being confirmed to be relegated, he will walk. He won't want to have that official relegation to his name. 

I watch almost every game (prem wise anyway) especially as all of them are on tele at the minute, and the way Fulham are playing recently I can really see them climbing out of it and staying up. Sheffield United are too far adrift for me so they are down. Think the other two will be out of;

West Brom

Newcastle

Southampton (terrible run of form at the minute) 

Brighton/Burnley if they don't start picking some points up. 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

The relegation battle has turned out to be something that’s kind of pulled me in tbh. I think Sheffield United are obviously down, I haven’t quite condemned WBA yet but they’re close and will need to close the gap very sharpish. I see Southampton being alright and although Burnley look shite at times, I do think they’ll be ok too so it’s two of Brighton, Toon, Fulham or WBA for me and I certainly wouldn’t like to bet much money on any of the teams at this stage. A lot of this is just from checking results and watching the odd MOTD so bare that in mind lol. 

Yeah i agree with you there. I’ve watched a few Brighton games this season and they would be top of half if they had striker who could finish there chances. I’m surprised they didn’t bring a striker in January. 

Fulham look very decent at the moment, the only good thing is they have a bad run in. We (Newcastle) have looked decent in patches lately, but with injuries now it’s going to be tough for us, just hope we have enough to pull away. Lucky we have legendary football manager Mike Basset in charge or is it Steve Bruce I can’t remember. 

Hopefully Southampton or Burnley have an awful run towards the end of the season as well!

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Mike Basset in charge or is it Steve Bruce I can’t remember

Thank you very much for that as I’ve been meaning to buy the Mike Bassett movie for Susan and I to watch together. I’ve seen it a few times, have told her about it loads but she was never keen. I have the TV spin-off series so we watched those ones one night awhile back and she enjoyed it and the movie is ten times better so with her birthday coming up I think that’ll be one of her presents.

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Thank you very much for that as I’ve been meaning to buy the Mike Bassett movie for Susan and I to watch together. I’ve seen it a few times, have told her about it loads but she was never keen. I have the TV spin-off series so we watched those ones one night awhile back and she enjoyed it and the movie is ten times better so with her birthday coming up I think that’ll be one of her presents.

I watched it not so long ago and it was as funny as ever. Glad to remind you, great film and character. Enjoy 😁

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Don’t worry @Rich you have master tactician and the second coming of Brian Clough Graeme Jones in the dugout. Top half minimum and I can even see a surprise Europa League place.

You’re so right Sammy, I don’t even know why I was worried, you’re reassurances have made me see a new light, Europe here we come 😂

I read an article yesterday. Can't remember where and can't seem to find it again. It sort of predicts the outcome of the teams in trouble by the teams they have left to play. I never usually pay any attention to those sorts of things but it was really well thought out. Plus, it has us surviving. 😁 That was before ASM and Almiron got injured last night though. That's going to have a major impact on us staying up.

I don't pay attention to the younger levels of England, or even the senior level tbh but have Jones and Foden ever played together? I really hope those two aren't the next Lampard and Gerrard as together they could be bloody special. Foden obviously looks excellent but Jones also has the special something. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I don't pay attention to the younger levels of England, or even the senior level tbh but have Jones and Foden ever played together? I really hope those two aren't the next Lampard and Gerrard as together they could be bloody special. Foden obviously looks excellent but Jones also has the special something. 

According to Transfermarkt, no. I’d be excited to see what would happen but who knows maybe Foden will get shifted to the wing like in Man City?

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

It was idiotic how we handled Stevie and Frankie back in the day, but i think there's a bit more tactical fluidity and nouse these days... (in general, not in Southgate, errr...)

I don't know enough about top-level stuff, are they both 8's, 10's, or pretty versatile? 

Re: relegation, sheff u and west brom look doomed, and hopefully f*lham too, but Brighton gotta be nervous - i guess xG will show them they've gotta keep plugging away and get the rub of the green, but maybe there's an underlying frailty there. And yeah Newcastle could well be in the mix, but they seem to have, on the other hand, that happy knack of picking up odd wins. 

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

It was idiotic how we handled Stevie and Frankie back in the day, but i think there's a bit more tactical fluidity and nouse these days... (in general, not in Southgate, errr...)

I don't know enough about top-level stuff, are they both 8's, 10's, or pretty versatile? 

Re: relegation, sheff u and west brom look doomed, and hopefully f*lham too, but Brighton gotta be nervous - i guess xG will show them they've gotta keep plugging away and get the rub of the green, but maybe there's an underlying frailty there. And yeah Newcastle could well be in the mix, but they seem to have, on the other hand, that happy knack of picking up odd wins. 

I think we a screwed mate. Our 3 best players are out injured and god knows when they will be fit.

21 hours ago, Woody said:

I think we a screwed mate. Our 3 best players are out injured and god knows when they will be fit.

Both Almiron & ASM out until April. 😔 Nightmare. 

17 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Both Almiron & ASM out until April. 😔 Nightmare. 

I am seriously worried now, them and Wilson out, our 3 best players 😥

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

I am seriously worried now, them and Wilson out, our 3 best players 😥

Lads it's been on the cards for months.

Atleast the club will be cheaper to buy in the Championship 😂

Edited by Woody
6 hours ago, broodje kip said:

He died for real on the pitch??

Noo, that's just an old clip. He was successful as a player before becoming a beloved TV presenter too - he had a programme with Jimmy Greaves called "Saint & Greavesie" which was very popular.