Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

I know we’re missing players but I hope he doesn’t say about that after the game because we’ll be missing them for a while 🙈

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I know we’re missing players but I hope he doesn’t say about that after the game because we’ll be missing them for a while 🙈

he had enough on the bench to have a go.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

You would have killed us with ASM, Almiron and Wilson.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

he had enough on the bench to have a go.

I totally agree, but you know what he’s like, he will blame not having players. If he does it sounds like he’d be conceding the next few games without them we have no hope.

2 minutes ago, Albionic said:

You would have killed us with ASM, Almiron and Wilson.

Maybe mate, would have been a different looking game though for sure.

9 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Relegation battle, Liverpool and Fulham are going h2h right now. Thoughts at who will win lads?

Fulham for sure!

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Fulham for sure!

Should be 2 or 3 up. Totally dominating but a lack of quality and composure as you would expect from a lower end of the table side.   

Showing great heart. I think Parker could have a few offers even if Fulham go down. 

Out of all teams down with us, I'd say Brighton and Fulham deserve to stay up at the moment. I'm sick of us showing "promise". Fulham look good and are picking up valuable points. Brighton play such good football but lack a clinical scorer. Burnley can grind when they need to. I'm not going to use injuries as an excuse because every team will go through the same things in this crazy season. We have more than enough fire power if they are used properly. Bruce is just tactically inept, unfortunately. Gonna be a long last few months of the season.

As for Liverpool. Just, wow. 

On 04/03/2021 at 07:20, billy2shots said:

I wouldn't be surprised either. City are just about to play 4 games in 10 days , something has to give. 

Whilst the league looks over it would be gutting to go out of the CL and FA Cup  within the next 5 games. Price you pay for being in ALL competitions. 

I do wonder if Pep's drive to win everything has cost him/us doing better in Europe. It's no surprise when a team practically gives up on one or both domestic cups that they do better when gunning for the League or the CL. 

We look leggy AF.

Full credit to Utd though, they have come with a plan. Scoring first was the worst thing from an entertainment point of view but perfect if you're a Utd fan.

Now it's counter attack city (excuse the pun).

Painful to watch KDB since his injury. One lovely assist with his left foot a few games back but he is in woeful form at the moment. Hopefully play himself in for the CL. 

Luckily they don't do trophies for Derby wins 😁

Edited by billy2shots

Yeah. Didn't look like themselves at all today. Don't like praising Man Utd, ever but they were good. As said in commentary, they seem to up it for a few games after a poor performance or two.

That miss by Raheem though. 🙈

Edited by Dai_

The yo-yo season continues, so pleased with how we played. It wasn't top tier City, but I'm delighted to get the win, just makes the last few weeks all the more frustrating though, lacklustre against several weaker opposition teams and then playing well today. 

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

I did call it😂

Bet @Aaron Thornton is very happy!

I am mate no doubt, just as surprised though, everything was pointing to a City romping. 

OGS certainly has a method against the big 5. I'm pretty sure without that first minute pen, we could have been looking at yet another 0-0. 

The trouble is, unless UTD beat all the other teams those single points won't be enough to win a League. Catch 22, open up for wins but risk defeat or stick with trying to nick something.

The recruitment this year could be very interesting. They are already City's closest rival again after a couple of years of it being Liverpool. One or two good buys could make things very interesting. 

@Rich n @dai from what i've been reading it seems that Bruce needs to get a win on Friday against Villa or he is on his way out.

If thats true...i will say ta ra now! 👋👋

@Rich n @dai from what i've been reading it seems that Bruce needs to get a win on Friday against Villa or he is on his way out.

If thats true...i will say ta ra now! 👋👋

I’ve read the same mate, hopefully he goes, we are going down if we don’t make a change.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I’ve read the same mate, hopefully he goes, we are going down if we don’t make a change.

Who do we go for though...Rafa wont come in thats for sure.

Maybe Howe? Lampard? Or even let Jones take it till end of season.

Just now, Woody said:

Get Gerrard in, won't happen but he needs the Prem experience if he wants to come to us. 

Just now, Woody said:

Any of them I’d be decently happy with, I’m still really not sure on Lampard though as much as I really like him. I may have a look at the odds now to see and I’ll get back to you 😁

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

Any of them I’d be decently happy with, I’m still really not sure on Lampard though as much as I really like him. I may have a look at the odds now to see and I’ll get back to you 😁

Scott Parker would be a good shout.

Scott Parker would be a good shout.

Shame he wouldn’t leave Fulham for us I don’t think tbh. I just looked and Graeme Jones is favourite and then Benitez and Howe. Can’t imagine Benitez coming back though. Lampard and Martinez both 8-1.

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

Shame he wouldn’t leave Fulham for us I don’t think tbh. I just looked and Graeme Jones is favourite and then Benitez and Howe. Can’t imagine Benitez coming back though. Lampard and Martinez both 8-1.

Martinez is a massive ask. Cant see that happening. Think its between howe and jones.

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Martinez is a massive ask. Cant see that happening. Think its between howe and jones.

Yeah I can’t see it either, surprised he’s so high on the list. As long as Bruce is gone I think l’ll be happier!

Let’s be honest Newcastle will appoint whoever is cheap and so desperate to do the job they will put up with Ashley’s shit and the fact the fans will hate him for not being Keegan or Benitez.

It all points to one man.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.d980f9e39bf4462049824cbca3707c07.jpeg

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Let’s be honest Newcastle will appoint whoever is cheap and so desperate to do the job they will put up with Ashley’s shit and the fact the fans will hate him for not being Keegan or Benitez.

It all points to one man.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.d980f9e39bf4462049824cbca3707c07.jpeg

Or he could do another shock move like Benitez was at the time and get someone even better than Mark Hughes in and get Tony Pulis in.

I can’t even joke about this actually 😂