Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is so typical, first game I miss this season as it’s my mums birthday and it sounds like we had a really good performance? 

Could be a massive point. We MUST beat Burnley next or it means nothing though.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

You played Spurs lads - I wouldn’t get too overjoyed with the result 🤪

We could have played anyone and we would be happy if we play well tbh 😂

48 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

@Rich @Woody @Dai_ your welcome boys. 

I was fearing the worst when it was 1-0, but well done and thank you for bringing it back 😝

57 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

@Rich @Woody @Dai_ your welcome boys. 

You had me worried for a while. Grealish is such a massive miss for you (that's an understatement) and until the substitutions you didn't look like scoring really. Trezeguet is my hero, for now. 😉

27 minutes ago, Woody said:

We thank you 👏

Maybe it would be better if you went down though as if you stay up Ashley will keep Bruce in charge and just prolong your agony as you go down next season instead.

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

Maybe it would be better if you went down though as if you stay up Ashley will keep Bruce in charge and just prolong your agony as you go down next season instead.

Probably but i think there is more chance of the club being sold if we stay up.  Honestly, I'm torn over it!

@JamesVilla what’s your thoughts on this?

I can see why they might be interested in Gerrard because of him being a big name and he’s done a reasonable job at Rangers but how much has Dean Smith actually done wrong and how much more can someone like Gerrard achieve at the club.

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

@JamesVilla what’s your thoughts on this?

I can see why they might be interested in Gerrard because of him being a big name and he’s done a reasonable job at Rangers but how much has Dean Smith actually done wrong and how much more can someone like Gerrard achieve at the club.

Im calling BS on this. There are some fans calling for Smith to go, claiming he has taken us as far as he can, especially when Jack isnt playing, but no chance. Especially with the supposed easing of FFP this summer, we can spend big. 

Smith, has had downfall of his own success. We were promoted a year earlier than 'planned' and his success at the first part of this season, gave a portion of fans the expectations of challenging for top 4/6 (aka West Ham) but, considering how we only just stayed up last season, mid-table is a vast improvement. We are still 3/4 good players away from a team who can challenge for those European places. 

I do have my doubts about how long Smith will actually last though, some of his methods re subs & a back up plan can be abit suspect at times, but he has done an fantastic job with the players available for him so far. 

Personally, I would be gutted to see him go, for once we have actual Villa fans at the heart of the club. A captain, a manager. Not many clubs can say that. Id argue that Smith is a key reason why someone like Grealish, and Ollie Watkins are actually still/joined the club. 

There will be more defeats and poor performances from City before the season ends. From a City supporter I hope they all come in the league.

I was trying to figure out what Mendy and Sterling were actually doing today. Nevermind Leeds being down to 10, it felt like we were playing with 9 all game.

Leeds showed good heart and packed the defence well. 2 shots on goal 2 goals. Snatch and grab but their defence deserve that result.

4 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I had planned to make this joke when i got home from work 😂😂😂 you beat me to it

Great minds!!!

Great to see the bees back today, 5-0 away win after 4 draws in a row against bottom-half teams. We've probably left ourselves too much to do - believe Watford have won 11 of 13 and they now just need to get 10pts from last 5 games to seal 2nd. Looking like playoffs again then...

Who in here wants to go back to the good old days when we just let humans referee the game? Perhaps keep the goal line technology that doesn’t seem to destroy the soul of the game.

Anyone, or is it just me?

13 hours ago, Ian said:

Who in here wants to go back to the good old days when we just let humans referee the game? Perhaps keep the goal line technology that doesn’t seem to destroy the soul of the game.

I’m totally behind you here Ian, I genuinely feel like it’s not a good thing. Not a fan at all. 

Also cannot wait for fans to come back now, just can’t watch any games that don’t involve Newcastle and even then I struggle but that’s because we’re not great 😂

As I say that Burnley score.

Edited by Rich

Don't know why I'm surprised but how can a man with nearly 1000 games as a manager not realise that a semi-succesful gameplan against a Spurs team will have absolutely ZERO success against a team like Burnley?

Even though we deserve nothing so far. How the fudge did we not get a penalty? Have the rules changed? You can kick a man, head height in your own penalty area? SHOCKING decision! 😡

FB_IMG_1618141843627.thumb.jpg.372312fe55fe262b419f561774759c7e.jpg

Edited by Dai_
14 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Don't know why I'm surprised but how can a man with nearly 1000 games as a manager not realise that a semi-succesful gameplan against a Spurs team will have absolutely ZERO success against a team like Burnley?

Even though we deserve nothing so far. How the fudge did we not get a penalty? Have the rules changed? You can kick a man, head height in your own penalty area? SHOCKING decision! 😡

Agreed mate! Happens every time we do well in a game we try exactly the same way next game thinking it will work, we have no game plan against different teams.

I thought it was a nailed on pen that, so annoying! How can it not be 🤯

14 hours ago, Ian said:

1000% mate - i was always saying before VAR was introduced that it would be a disaster and a slippery slope. I only watch the bees, hardly any top-level stuff apart from highlights and World Cup / Euros, and I'm a little unsure about us going up to be honest because pride aside, it's gonna be a bit tortuous...

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Offside needs leeway as we know it's not a black and white call as the technology isn't good enough. 

Then bin off the "clear and obvious" error crap and let VAR actually referee. The but is it clear and obvious is what pisses me off, as that's nonsense! We want the right decision regardless, the fact we don't want to ruin the referees ego is what's wrong with VAR IMO. 

I'll admit half time yesterday I was a broken man, I was sick to the back teeth of football. Then Trent pings that into the corner and I remember everything I love about football, it's the hope! The nerves! The drama! The Jota offside yesterday was an absolute joke though, that should never be offside. 

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

That's a pen all day long. Another failing of VAR. 

Have to admit Newcastle lads I love watching Saint-Maximin, never better than a player that makes you sit up and pay attention. Such an exciting talent. 

Brucey is such a lucky boy to have ASM. Even when bringing him and Wilson on, he persisted with that useless game plan. Only the absolute quality of ASM has saved us losing. I should be happy but I feel these moments of brilliance from players may keep Bruce at the club longer.

7 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Brucey is such a lucky boy to have ASM. Even when bringing him and Wilson on, he persisted with that useless game plan. Only the absolute quality of ASM has saved us losing. I should be happy but I feel these moments of brilliance from players may keep Bruce at the club longer.

Agree again mate. We are so lucky we have that player that can win a game by himself. I feel like one win and we’re safe and that probably means Bruce here for another season, I’m glad if we stay up but I’m so over Bruce now.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Agree again mate. We are so lucky we have that player that can win a game by himself. I feel like one win and we’re safe and that probably means Bruce here for another season, I’m glad if we stay up but I’m so over Bruce now.

All depends on the takeover doesn't it? Those boys won't want Brucey ball ffs. I hope not anyway.

If there's no takeover then it's a catch 22. Stay up and keep Bruce or go down and we'll be rid of him, hopefully. I will never want us to lose or get relegated but there's times you consider it just to be rid of him.

Our next games are brutal tbh so stealing a point here and there will be vital. Can't go into the last 2 games (Sheff Utd & Fulham) needing to get something. 

Just now, Dai_ said:

All depends on the takeover doesn't it? Those boys won't want Brucey ball ffs. I hope not anyway.

If there's no takeover then it's a catch 22. Stay up and keep Bruce or go down and we'll be rid of him, hopefully. I will never want us to lose or get relegated but there's times you consider it just to be rid of him.

Our next games are brutal tbh so stealing a point here and there will be vital. Can't go into the last 2 games (Sheff Utd & Fulham) needing to get something. 

Yeah it does, I’ve just lost all hope of a takeover again now, hopefully I’m wrong and something happens. We need it to happen so much now. Hopefully we improve a few areas whatever happens, especially CM though. 

If it comes down to that Fulham game I’ll be absolutely shitting myself, that day away at Villa will forever be sketched in my mind, what an awful day.

Cant believe we won! Apart from the 2 goals which were class tbf. We were shocking. 

Lucky Brucey. 3 pts though and that gives us abit of a cushion. Next 3 or 4 games are going to be awful.