Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

:D he really is...

Horrendous watching my bees at the moment - there's a framework but all the life and confidence is gone. We've drawn 5 out of 6 so now we're 8 behind Watford with 5 to play. Turn some of those draws into wins and.....

0-0 today while Watford lost. We barely had a shot. On the plus side, a win would have only raised false hope, so it's good that's off the table. 

I believe we are currently the joint-worst playoff team ever, and we can take the crown outright this year. But stranger things have happened....... if we get Rico Henry and Josh Dasilva back for the playoffs, it'd be "typical" (amazing) if we somehow string it together and get it this year. Don't bet on it though...

27 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

:D he really is...

Horrendous watching my bees at the moment - there's a framework but all the life and confidence is gone. We've drawn 5 out of 6 so now we're 8 behind Watford with 5 to play. Turn some of those draws into wins and.....

0-0 today while Watford lost. We barely had a shot. On the plus side, a win would have only raised false hope, so it's good that's off the table. 

I believe we are currently the joint-worst playoff team ever, and we can take the crown outright this year. But stranger things have happened....... if we get Rico Henry and Josh Dasilva back for the playoffs, it'd be "typical" (amazing) if we somehow string it together and get it this year. Don't bet on it though...

You lot over the last couple of years kind of remind me of us in the mid 90’s in many ways. Always looked like we had it but just couldn’t get it over the line. Frustrating to say the least. Hopefully you can do it as it would be nice to see you in the top flight. 

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Call me cynical but I wonder what Gary will be saying when Sky win the TV rights.

I was just about to post about this supposed European League. I am so annoyed that this is even in the works, it will ruin football even more. It’s an absolute joke.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

I say good riddance to the greedy clubs and then just ignore the league and carry on without them.

Yous might win some silverware then? 

That's a joke 😂 you basically set me up to say it. 

Just now, Aaron Thornton said:

Yous might win some silverware then? 

That's a joke 😂 you basically set me up to say it. 

I think Spurs are one of those involved, at least that’s what the rumours say! Quite why I dont know, as your logic stands true.

What do you think of it all?

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think Spurs are one of those involved, at least that’s what the rumours say! Quite why I dont know, as your logic stands true.

What do you think of it all?

Its an atrocious idea, we have the CL and UEL for the top teams in Europe to battle it out, we don't need this. Its sheer greed and the fact my club want it to happen tells you what we already know about the Glazers. 

Running with this idea will harm football for everyone who isn't rich enough.

Good news, get them out. English Football will be much more exciting overall without them. They should never be allowed to rejoin the PL when they get bored playing the same teams every week and season.

40 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Good news, get them out. English Football will be much more exciting overall without them. They should never be allowed to rejoin the PL when they get bored playing the same teams every week and season.

I’m looking forward to seeing Norwich and Sunderland fighting it out for the PL title in 2025 only for Dyche to pip both to it with Burnley.

14 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I’m looking forward to seeing Norwich and Sunderland fighting it out for the PL title in 2025 only for Dyche to pip both to it with Burnley.

Man City v Evesham in the 2031 FA Trophy final as well after Man City tried to beg their way back into the pyramid but have to start in the Northern League.

48 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Man City v Evesham in the 2031 FA Trophy final as well after Man City tried to beg their way back into the pyramid but have to start in the Northern League.

No chance as Banbury will have knocked Man City out in the semi finals.

I suppose the darts split up and the breakaway group ended up as the top firm. Only a year ago we were all arguing about null and void and I didn’t exactly feel the love then as a Liverpool fan so can’t say I care much about other teams now tbh.

I’m not at all happy with the idea though. It’s a long way back for me with the game anyway and if this ends up going through then that may well be all she wrote as far as I’m concerned.

Am I wrong in thinking this replaces the CL and the domestic league goes on as normal? I know they're trying to fight it etc but that's what I thought. 

Admittedly I'm out the loop today as I woke up to all this kicking off and not had chance to look into it yet haha. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Am I wrong in thinking this replaces the CL and the domestic league goes on as normal? I know they're trying to fight it etc but that's what I thought. 

Admittedly I'm out the loop today as I woke up to all this kicking off and not had chance to look into it yet haha. 

From https://thesuperleague.com/ they say it'll be an exclusive European competition comprising 15 founders clubs and 5 annual qualifiers.

They're assuming domestic leagues goes on as usual, but the backlashes are coming from everywhere, governments, fifa, uefa, club supporters.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Looks like it’s a done deal.

09D6687E-9B2A-40F8-8633-32AE89F6BA2B.thumb.jpeg.88fd547be40ba8b903fb378f11c41ebb.jpeg

So those three clubs are psg, bayern and dortmund?  Though Bayern and psg did say they won't take part or most likely wait and see.

I honestly can't decide if I can see this going ahead or not.

There's essentially pure outrage from all corners apart from the clubs involved, including their own supporters associations (I feel that some of them will get on board once the games start).

If FIFA and EUFA continue on the line they're indicating, those players could be banned from playing domestic, european or worldwide football. So essentially, the clubs are kicked out of the leagues and players can't play in the Euros or World Cups for their national teams. That could push the clubs to do it out of spite, but it'd be interesting to see if there's a mass exodus of players to teams not in the ESL.

Or

It doesn't go ahead and the clubs have a massive PR nightmare to clean up, from all sides.

It's not a coincidence that various league TV rights are up for renewal/renegotiation, with the "big 6" wanting a bigger slice of the Premier League money, because "they're worth it".

I think PSG would jump at the chance once the Qatar world cup is out of the way.

I hope all clubs get instantly expelled from the league or relegated for the announcement, even if they back off from it due to backlash.

That'll make the most interesting new edition of FMM/FM ever.

Its just pure greed and billy big bollocks mentality. This so called big six are where they are because of the Premier League.

It makes a mockery of the league and every other league around Europe. 

If we got bought out by the Saudis and we went along with it i'd say good riddence.....football is all about the fans and without them its souless. 

The FA will ban players from playing for England for starters as Rugby did with players moving to France so we cant go saying they cant. 

39 minutes ago, Woody said:

This so called big six are where they are because of the Premier League. 

I'll be frank though, Premier League alone wouldn't have created a "big 6". It was UEFA bending over to letting runners-up to enter the CHAMPIONS league, then eventually 3-4 clubs based on a shitty coefficient system.

If there wasn't basically guaranteed Champions League for a handful of clubs over the last 2 decades, maybe it would have made sense for belgian, dutch or portuguese players to stay in the runners-up of their local leagues. Now even Champions of these leagues bleed talent.

Let's not have this be a distraction from the fact that UEFA's coming Champions League reform is still absolute rubbish

Edited by Meow