Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Screenshot_20210504_032846_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.819ad684fc5ecfdcf937e840ad8ebddd.jpg

Classy ESPN, the Big boys with the big bucks all looking out for each other, sometimes I wish I didnt love this sport, the last two years have been the lowest point of my personal experience with football, so much bull$hit in the game. 😠

17 hours ago, Rob said:

Interesting point. Also weird how within a short time a load of journalists had quite well written and reasoned articles about it. 

I'd be surprised if the writers weren't part of the supports group and so were aware of the protests being organised.

Or even the supporters groups may have reached out to specific journalists to let them know.

I can imagine the NUST (Newcastle United Supporters Trust) would let people like George Calkin know these things were happening.

It's not as if it was a spur of the moment "If Sammy Ameobi scores we're on the pitch" scenario.

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Ederson

Dias

Bruno

Pogba

Salah

Not bad choices Thornton’s chocolates expect for Pogba😝

Ederson

Ruben Dias

De Bruyne

Mo Salah

Harry Kane

Thats so hard because I really wanted Bruno in, but It was really rough between him and De Bruyne for me.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ederson

Ruben Dias

De Bruyne

Mo Salah

Harry Kane

Thats so hard because I really wanted Bruno in, but It was really rough between him and De Bruyne for me.

Old team. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Old team. 

Give your players then Gilbert. 

I would have them 5 over any young players in the prem, there would still be players to pick after the first draft of 5 players.

Salah, KDB, Fabinho, VVD and Becker. 

Now that's a spine ;)

Its basically

Salah vs Kane 

KDB and Fabinho best CM/DMCs in league 

VVD vs Dias 

Ederson vs Alisson. 

I really wanted Trent too though. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Salah, KDB, Fabinho, VVD and Becker. 

Now that's a spine ;)

Its basically

Salah vs Kane 

KDB and Fabinho best CM/DMCs in league 

VVD vs Dias 

Ederson vs Alisson. 

I really wanted Trent too though. 

I honestly had the same dilemmas. I added Bruno in with KDB and Fabinho, was a tough pick, I did even think of Kante.

If VVD was fit then it could be different.

On another note, this performance for us Newcastle at Leicester has been been pretty awesome so far, should be further ahead.

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

I honestly had the same dilemmas. I added Bruno in with KDB and Fabinho, was a tough pick, I did even think of Kante.

If VVD was fit then it could be different.

On another note, this performance for us Newcastle at Leicester has been been pretty awesome so far, should be further ahead.

I tried to do one with only one player from each club, now that was much harder. 

Salah, KDB, Kante and then I hit a brick wall of stress and binned it off 😂. Dropped Salah for Kane, to add Fabinho but may as well grab Kante from Chelsea. So I guess I'd go VVD and one other 😂.

The Bruceometer must be going off of the scales right now.

My five: Ederson, VVD, Kante, KDB, Kane. Nice and young. 

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

What a win from us, very impressive. Mark my words, we will win the premier league next season.

You’d love it, wouldn’t you? Just love it!

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Ederson

Ruben Dias

De Bruyne

Mo Salah

Harry Kane

Thanks Rich Tea biscuits. I assumed it was five a side, hence me picking Pogba, fancy feet and an elegant man. 

Missed the game last night. Went bed with a migraine but waking up this morning to see that result is sweet!

Bruce is a legend and deserves MotM!!😉

29 minutes ago, Woody said:

Missed the game last night. Went bed with a migraine but waking up this morning to see that result is sweet!

Bruce is a legend and deserves MotM!!😉

Goodness me - the Bruceometer is reading a nice bright green today!!!

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Goodness me - the Bruceometer is reading a nice bright green today!!!

Its off the scale Rob. Best manager we have hadnin years. 2 defeats in 10 says it all 😆

11 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Some great pass and move displays on show v spurs today, Bamfords goal was a great piece or play all around

Yeah definitely we played some great football this season. Just hope we don't do a Sheffield united next season 

Davies and Kabak injured 😂, what the hell has happened to our CBs this season 😂

Ben Woodburn is on the bloody bench for us ffs @FuddledFox 😂 

Edited by Ashez
2 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Yeah definitely we played some great football this season. Just hope we don't do a Sheffield united next season 

I can't see it, your style of play won't allow it. So many goal scoring chances. 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Probably next in line to play CB.

He's more chance of playing there than in the front three 😂

Can't believe we dropped those daft points against Newcastle and Leeds now. Such a great weekend for us yet it might be pointless as we shit the bed two weeks running. Obviously we've been awful since January but those are highlightable results ATM 😛

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

He's more chance of playing there than in the front three 😂

Can't believe we dropped those daft points against Newcastle and Leeds now. Such a great weekend for us yet it might be pointless as we shit the bed two weeks running. Obviously we've been awful since January but those are highlightable results ATM 😛

Realistically, how do you think you’ll do next season?

55 minutes ago, Rob said:

Realistically, how do you think you’ll do next season?

All depends on the CB situation. It's fine saying we'll be fantastic again once VVD and Gomez are back but we don't know if they'll return the same players. VVD mainly because he was at such a level but with Gomez he's had a number of serious injuries now, it's got to take an impact. I just hope both come back when they're ready, like the talk of VVD going to the Euro's worries me alot as players are always at risk of other injuries after such a long lay off, look at Oxlade. Granted he's been injury prone most his career but since that serious one vs Roma iirc he's not been the same and hardly is available. 

Personally I don't think we can guarantee we can rely on either of these next season, and we already know we can't rely on Matip. If the Konate deal is true that's a good start to fixing the issue, yet even he has had injury issues in recent seasons, then we surely have to sign Kabak too. Phillips has done well this season but he's not the required standard, even yesterday his positioning made me very nervous but because he heads everything people love him but I'd cash in now while his value is sky high as it'll likely cover most of the Kabak fee. It's similar to Origi tbh, we should have cashed in after the CL final when we'd have got £30 odd million, we decided to keep him and now we'll be lucky to get £10-15m. 

If we go into next season with VVD, Gomez, Kabak, Konate and Matip as a bonus I'd be happy enough I think. I'm not against selling Matip as he's not available enough but I'd be nervous relying on VVD and Gomez next season. Completely forgot about Ben Davies, god knows what's going on there but I can't see him staying. Get £5-7m for him and £10-12m for Phillips and that covers the £18m for Kabak. We need to be in a position where Fabinho and Henderson never have to play CB again as that's when the wheels fell off this season. 

Midfield wise we have to replace Gini as Hendo has his knocks and Milner isn't getting any younger. Gini has played more than anyone and it's a similar mess to the defence in truth. We have Oxlade and Naby who you just can't trust to be available when needed and we shouldn't put two much on Jones. 

Then in attack we just need to bin off the deadwood like Origi and Shaqiri and sign someone who actually fits the team. I dunno if I'd buy another rotational wide striker or more a number 9 though. 

The AFONs is also next season so we're going to have a month without Salah, Mane and Naby. Even longer if Salah goes to the Olympics as that means we'll start the season without him and then he'll disappear for the ACONs. 

Long story short I think we'll challenge though, the squad needs some work in the summer but the quality is already there. We tore the league apart until January then once the midfield was compromised the season collapsed around us. Like I'm sure Mane can't be this bad next season? We've run too many players into the ground in recent years due to not having the adequate squad depth, so many lads have been over played and when we were forced to do that this year even more due to injuries the damage was done. I'll get a tad twitchy if Salah starts trying to force a move but I just don't see who has the money to tempt us, if the Spanish two had funds I'd be alot more concerned.