FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

2 hours ago, Rob said:

What does everyone think of the Premier League Hall of Fame and Shearer and Henry being the first two inductees?

Well deserved, two of the best players ever to play in the league.

Supposedly there are 3 more to come, who do we think will be added?

Surely not Giggs due to the current situation, and I would imagine at least one of Gerrard, Lampard or Scholes makes it. However, there are so many worthy players that I am interested to see who is chosen.

Rio doesnt seem to think so!(twat).

Retired 15 years ago and his record still stands!! Well deserved and biasedly so 😆

Genuinely not saying this to be controversial, but I would have inducted Cantona and Keane over Henry simply for the influence they had in building the greatest club dynasty in Premier League era, but that’s just my opinion.

I do love a Hall of Fame though.  

Yeah, I have to agree that Cantona would have been my pick alongside Shearer to start it off... Henry should definitely be in there then I expect Gerrard, Lampard and Andy Booth to follow.

I think the next two will be out of; Bergkamp, Cantona, Giggs or Scholes.

I have a feeling they'll do one "native" and one "import".

16 hours ago, Woody said:

Rio doesnt seem to think so!(twat).

Retired 15 years ago and his record still stands!! Well deserved and biasedly so 😆

Rio Ferdinand is an absolute tool, always says stuff that really grinds my gears! 

There’s always a going to be debate on who should go in, but I think anyone they pick deserves it, I’m a massive Henry fan so no complaints from me. He was awesome.

Brilliant story in Lg1 today as Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill is at his first game since December having contacted Corona, spent two spells in hospital including being on a ventilator and then suffered from long COVID.

Hoping he doesn’t enjoy the day too much though as they are taking on the Mighty Yellows and we need the points to try and make the playoffs.

7C77F3EE-01B7-463E-BF50-C0801EAF91C4.thumb.jpeg.f652c742305958f1a1b40bb7c8c28dae.jpeg

Am I the only one finding this coverage baffling? 

Neville trying to spin this? Dragging Liverpool into it when our ownership issues/views are completely different. Sky push the narrative we should be docked points for smashing a bus window, yet playing today as a win for football fans?

Protesting is protesting but alot more went on than that. Is this about the Super League or United's owners who they've had issues with for years? 

I can't see them praising it if it was Liverpool fans raiding Anfield. Look how they covered all the West Ham protests the other year. 

56 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Am I the only one finding this coverage baffling? 

Neville trying to spin this? Dragging Liverpool into it when our ownership issues/views are completely different. Sky push the narrative we should be docked points for smashing a bus window, yet playing today as a win for football fans?

Protesting is protesting but alot more went on than that. Is this about the Super League or United's owners who they've had issues with for years? 

I can't see them praising it if it was Liverpool fans raiding Anfield. Look how they covered all the West Ham protests the other year. 

You're absolutely right, favoritism/bias by a lot of the mainstream media. But they're so big and far reaching, how do you keep them fair? 

In terms of our owners this Super League farce was the final straw for a lot of our fanbase, people who were indifferent, needed one good excuse and the Super League provided exactly that. There was plenty of hatred for the Glazers before this all happened and even more now. 

What happened today is a joke, our fans at the protest are deluded if they think the Glazers will go away cause they postponed a match. 

The Players should condemn the people there for this but I doubt they'll be ballsy enough. 

The players will come out and say that they accept protests, just not this sort.

Let’s be honest here: it’s morons using football to be idiots, not proper fans protesting. 

53 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

our fans at the protest are deluded if they think the Glazers will go away cause they postponed a match. 

That’s true as the club might get into more and more dept but look at the money the Glazers get in dividends every year it’s millions and they aren’t even in the country so why would they give a fuck as they pay people like Woodward to take all the shit on there behalf.

The problem Man Utd fans have is unless some oil rich Arab Prince wants to buy them for a few billion even if the Glazers sell it will just be to some other group of people who borrow against the club to make money out the dividends because win or lose, huge debt or not owning Man Utd is a license to print money.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-glazers-money-17811195

I agree with @FuddledFoxtbf, FSG have let us down and embarrassed us a number of times now as well as not being able to compete financially, however in all I think they're good owners. I don't want new owners as such, I just want these ones to do better. 

Our last ownership had us days from administration, we battled those bastards out the club and FSG saved us. Yet when H+G came in there was fan outcry for new owners, fans demanded H+G got the club and so on and look how it turned out. The devil you know type situation. 

Especially with clubs the size of United and Liverpool, you're looking for someone who can throw £3-5B at a club without breaking a sweat. People with that type of money usually have it for a reason. 

Can’t believe people actually believe it’s as easy as that to get into a stadium on match day. If it is then quite frankly the main talking point should be how easy it was.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Can’t believe people actually believe it’s as easy as that to get into a stadium on match day. If it is then quite frankly the main talking point should be how easy it was.

This, 100% this! 

They knew it was coming and were apparently prepared yet they still managed to storm the castle. Either they let them in or they weren't prepared which is terrifying. Just think if 100 odd random people could storm a ground at any time? There has to be an investigation and disciplinary for how they got into the ground. 

Listening to a LFC podcast last night and the reporter did say it was a rumour so take it with a pinch of salt, but he said he heard the match was abandoned mainly because the Covid safe area was damaged beyond a quick fix. Then you've had 100s of people covering a "safe zone" and who knows what they're carrying and spreading to the surrounding areas. 

They took it too far yesterday, for the right reasons don't get me wrong but it went too far. I'm seriously still amazed how the media are spinning this as a positive and almost celebrating it. Obviously a few dickheads made it violent and damaged property and not all of them but the second they broke into the stadium it went too far.

What if they waited until later to protest and got into the ground mid match? When you've people locked and hiding in rooms you've crossed a line. 

I'm so glad this isn't Liverpool, like I said it's for the right reasons but I don't see the media spin being positive if it was us. I've seen Liverpool fans celebrating what United fans did and saying how they've shown us up ffs. Just no. 

The protest and the stand I can get behind but everything else in current times was uncalled for. 

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Interesting point. Also weird how within a short time a load of journalists had quite well written and reasoned articles about it. 

Screenshot_20210504_032846_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.819ad684fc5ecfdcf937e840ad8ebddd.jpg

Classy ESPN, the Big boys with the big bucks all looking out for each other, sometimes I wish I didnt love this sport, the last two years have been the lowest point of my personal experience with football, so much bull$hit in the game. 😠

17 hours ago, Rob said:

Interesting point. Also weird how within a short time a load of journalists had quite well written and reasoned articles about it. 

I'd be surprised if the writers weren't part of the supports group and so were aware of the protests being organised.

Or even the supporters groups may have reached out to specific journalists to let them know.

I can imagine the NUST (Newcastle United Supporters Trust) would let people like George Calkin know these things were happening.

It's not as if it was a spur of the moment "If Sammy Ameobi scores we're on the pitch" scenario.