• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Show me a better pen than that Joelinton one 😯

What a player.

Thought that was very clever by Joe. Ake slid along way from him to block the shot and Joe reached right out to initiate contact. 

Players do it all the time flicking a leg out sideways when dribbling but that looked extra special from Joe considering Ake had actually slid past him. 

Very interested to see it at halftime. 

3 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Thought that was very clever by Joe. Ake slid along way from him to block the shot and Joe reached right out to initiate contact. 

Players do it all the time flicking a leg out sideways when dribbling but that looked extra special from Joe considering Ake had actually slid past him. 

Very interested to see it at halftime. 

Yeah I agree Billy, he done well to get that pen. Ake still shouldn’t slid IMO. But I didn’t see the coverage at half time. So didn’t see what the pundits said.

This is so set up for a Joelinton hattrick 👀

Just now, Rich said:

Yeah I agree Billy, he done well to get that pen. Ake still shouldn’t slid IMO. But I didn’t see the coverage at half time. So didn’t see what the pundits said.

Andy Cole said Ake was unlucky and thought Joe was already going down before contact. Dave Jones laughed and said good entertainment though and they quickly moved on. 

I slowed sky Q and the still frames are pretty obvious. I would picture it but can't get rid of the blue bar in the way. I also have a life so I'm not that bothered lol.

Sterling does it so I have no issue with opponent's doing it. If refs and VAR are so stupid then it's fair game. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I dont think he played for it at all!

He was sliding and Ake took his foot...penalty all day! 

We have been so lucky though but defended quite well tbf. I can see City going full pelt 2nd half though.

2 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Andy Cole said Ake was unlucky and thought Joe was already going down before contact. Dave Jones laughed and said good entertainment though and they quickly moved on. 

I slowed sky Q and the still frames are pretty obvious. I would picture it but can't get rid of the blue bar in the way. I also have a life so I'm not that bothered lol.

Sterling does it so I have no issue with opponent's doing it. If refs and VAR are so stupid then it's fair game. 

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

I dont think he played for it at all!

He was sliding and Ake took his foot...penalty all day! 

We have been so lucky though but defended quite well tbf. I can see City going full pelt 2nd half though.

All that matters I guess is Joelinton put it away so emphatically, I’m so happy for him. He gets a lot of abuse and I have been one to do that, I know it’s only a pen but I like seeing him score more than any other player.

The agenda against Trent is utterly bizarre. Is he the best defender in the league? No. Does that make him terrible at defending? Absolutely not! He more than holds his own and he 100% walks into any club side in the world, if he doesn't play for England that's because they simply have no ambition, what other country wouldn't start him. 

5 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Radford switching to the left and exposing TAAs channel? I only saw the finish and not the build up or reply so TA

Top my head it was central, Phillips came out and messed it up allowing Rashford to run through. I remember thinking wtf is Phillips doing positionally anyway.

5 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Exposing Liverpool down their right seems

Because that's the side VVD isn't 

Screenshot_20210514_210921_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5996ede0c54c22e515a94b753f61663f.jpg

Trent is more attack minded than most but he's also not a bad defender, yet he's not as one dimensional as AWB. Trent is 100% the better football even if AWB is the best defender of the two. 

https://anfieldindex.com/48723/the-trent-alexander-arnold-myth.html

*Rest of the above article. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

All that matters I guess is Joelinton put it away so emphatically, I’m so happy for him. He gets a lot of abuse and I have been one to do that, I know it’s only a pen but I like seeing him score more than any other player.

It would be hilarious if he knocjs another 2 in 😂

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Ok that one wins! But I meant in HD😝

It would be hilarious if he knocjs another 2 in 😂

Honestly it would be my favourite thing to happen for Newcastle for a while 😂

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The agenda against Trent is utterly bizarre. Is he the best defender in the league? No. Does that make him terrible at defending? Absolutely not! He more than holds his own and he 100% walks into any club side in the world, if he doesn't play for England that's because they simply have no ambition, what other country wouldn't start him. 

Top my head it was central, Phillips came out and messed it up allowing Rashford to run through. I remember thinking wtf is Phillips doing positionally anyway.

Because that's the side VVD isn't 

Screenshot_20210514_210921_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5996ede0c54c22e515a94b753f61663f.jpg

Trent is more attack minded than most but he's also not a bad defender, yet he's not as one dimensional as AWB. Trent is 100% the better football even if AWB is the best defender of the two. 

https://anfieldindex.com/48723/the-trent-alexander-arnold-myth.html

*Rest of the above article. 

I thought VVD played left CB and Gomez right?

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

Now that's a penalty!

Yuuup!

Cannot believe Joelinton left Willock take that. Lucky we scored in the end. Genuine question, has any other team scored 3 against Man City this season in the league? 

omg 3-3 as I message ffs

2 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Crazy fun game. 

Our 4th and 5th choice CBs and 3rd choice keeper bla bla bla😂

And you’re against a better team tonight 😝

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

And you’re against a better team tonight 😝

Well I wasn't going to go there. 

In all honesty City have had a lot of luck for their goals. Add in Newcastle missing the pen (before scoring), a first pen that I still think looked iffy and a set piece header against the run of play, this could easily be 1-0. 

I'm glad it's not though.

Sterling's form though. The guy couldn't trap a bag of cement these past 2 months. It's painful to watch. 

Edited by billy2shots
1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

Well I wasn't going to go there. 

In all honesty City have had a lot of luck for their goals. Add in Newcastle missing the pen (before scoring), a first pen that I still think looked iffy and a set piece header against the run of play, this could easily be 1-0. 

I'm glad it's not though.

Sterling's form though. The guy couldn't trap a bag of cement these past 2 months. It's painful to watch. 

You’re against One of the form teams in the prem bill, no wonder you’ve conceded 3 😉

Yeah what has happened to Sterling, from a cert for England as well to now surely not being in the starting line up in the Euros? 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

You’re against One of the form teams in the prem bill, no wonder you’ve conceded 3 😉

Yeah what has happened to Sterling, from a cert for England as well to now surely not being in the starting line up in the Euros? 

He's a Southgate favourite but I wouldn't pick him in the squad unless something drastically changes. 

I don't expect anyone to get the violin out but something happened about 2 months ago and Sterling, Mendy, Jesus and Cancelo stopped being able to play football. Cancelo in particular has done a full 180 after playing brilliantly. 

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Glad thats done with.

Jesus H christ.....we are awful! Well done City.

We’re not that bad, 3-4 against Manchester City however way you look at it, ain’t that bad 😝

Just now, Rich said:

We’re not that bad, 3-4 against Manchester City however way you look at it, ain’t that bad 😝

In context it aint but we were 😂😂 bloody crap and extremely lucky. We could blame it on the Manager of the Month curse 😂😂

I honestly dont care i'm not angry or upset about it it was hilarious to watch 😆

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Glad thats done with.

Jesus H christ.....we are awful! Well done City.

I thought Newcastle fans dream about playing football that’s leads to losing 4-3.

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

I thought Newcastle fans dream about playing football that’s leads to losing 4-3.

Every night 😉

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

In context it aint but we were 😂😂 bloody crap and extremely lucky. We could blame it on the Manager of the Month curse 😂😂

I honestly dont care i'm not angry or upset about it it was hilarious to watch 😆

I was drinking whilst it was on, but I was happy with out attitude and application 😂

We’re we really that bad? 😝

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

C557797E-FA61-42CB-AF54-7FED9119F770.gif.1095caa33c878f15c840d505c5ccca94.gif
894484DB-2E14-48E1-8628-AFD9720AE0F6.gif.6cf5a948f10d4ce86712bf3f076e18a9.gif

Now that was a game of football.!

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was drinking whilst it was on, but I was happy with out attitude and application 😂

We’re we really that bad? 😝

I get it it losing 3-4 was a good effort. Like i said i'm not gutted we lost at all. 

I know i'm being uber negative i just want the season done now 😂

Edited by Woody

Now that was a game of football.!

I get it it losing 3-4 was a good effort. Like i said i'm not gutted we lost at all. 

I know i'm being uber negative i just want the season done now 😂

It certainly was and the same result the next year. I could say you were unfortunate to suffer defeat in the two games but you ended up finishing higher than us in both of the seasons so I won’t bother.

I just want to forget about this season and start again next year tbh.

Congratulations to Leicester, what a good season they’ve had, barring being hammered by Newcastle 😉

Rodgers has done a fantastic job there. Very good manager IMO.

Well done to Leicester. Shame you are losing your manager to Spurs in the summer, but what a cup run. Great goal to win it too.