Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Yeah was decent to be honest, ASM is something else, unreal player. Also Willock youngest ever player to score in 6 games in a row in the prem, what a singing heโ€™s been, would love him back next season. But wonโ€™t happen ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป

Me too mate. He has been immense.

ย 

7 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

I swear that it's not Bruce, it's someone in a Bruce shaped suit...

We sat back far too much 2nd half which is disappointing as the fans deserved better with it being last home game. But 3 points and a clean sheet i guess can't be too bad ๐Ÿ˜†

Ruben Dias wins football writer's association footballer of the year.

Guess they didn't pay too much attention to @Ashez๐Ÿ˜

All the BBC pundits were polled to see who they believe is the footballer of the year. The votes are below.

4 out of 5 were city players.ย 

ย 

ย Dias received 16 votes, with De Bruyne getting five, Foden two and Gundogan and Schmeichel one apiece.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by billy2shots
12 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Ruben Dias wins football writer's association footballer of the year.

Guess they didn't pay too much attention to @Ashez๐Ÿ˜

All the BBC pundits were polled to see who they believe is the footballer of the year. The votes are below.

4 out of 5 were city players.ย 

ย 

ย Dias received 16 votes, with De Bruyne getting five, Foden two and Gundogan and Schmeichel one apiece.ย 

ย 

ย 

His 2nd Player Of The Year award as wellย ๐Ÿคฉ

Cheers @Roband @Woody! A fantastic match yesterday, which fortunately i can say wholeheartedly having come out the right side of it. Swansea in the final, could be ugly, but hopefully we batter them!ย 

18 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Cheers @Roband @Woody! A fantastic match yesterday, which fortunately i can say wholeheartedly having come out the right side of it. Swansea in the final, could be ugly, but hopefully we batter them!ย 

Hopefully mate. Would love to see the Bee's in the Prem. If any team deserves a crack at you lot do. ๐Ÿ˜†

So excited for today's conclusion of the EPL. There is just so much happening all over.ย 

City picking up the silverware with Aguero playing his final game for the club.

European football is up for grabs in the form of the minor and major competition. I'm not usually one for the 'top 4 race' but I'm keeping everything crossed for Leicester.

The golden boot is on the line with Salah and Kane gunning for it. It could also be Kane's last appearance for Spurs.ย 

But.......

Today we also say goodbye to a football gentleman. Loved everywhere he's been (well almost). I for one will be hoping he finishes in style and goes out in a blaze of glory.

One more win Roy!

ย 

ย 

NryqnNL.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gutted for Leicester.

ย 

Sergio says it's time to come on and promptly scores twice.ย 

- Highest scoring Prem player for a single club

- Best goals per minute of anyone in Prem history

ย 

and that goal...........

ย 

Goodbye Legend

ย 

6 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Gutted for Leicester.

ย 

ย 

and that goal...........

ย 

Goodbye Legend

ย 

Absolute legend! Sad that he's not in the Premiership anymore. That famous goal still gives me goosebumps. God knows what it's like for you, as a City fan.

ย 

I'm also gutted that Leicester didn't make the top 4. Would've been good to see them in the Champions League.

ย 

As for us, finishing 12th just covers over the cracks this season. That clown will keep his job even though I've witnessed the worst football I've ever seen from us during this campaign. Willock equals Alan Shearer for scoring in 7 games in a row. Wow! Just a shame Arsenal will keep him now even though he's not a player that fits the Arsenal system.ย 

Firstly, congratulations to Newcastle and, particularly, Steve Bruce for an excellent finish.

Secondly, gutted for Leicester.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Gutted for Leicester.

ย 

ย 

and that goal...........

ย 

Goodbye Legend

ย 

He is a legend...i agree.

Still.....Shearer has 260 prem goals! ๐Ÿ˜‰

46 minutes ago, Woody said:

He is a legend...i agree.

Still.....Shearer has 260 prem goals! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Just not for Newcastle ๐Ÿ˜

32 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

ย 

Just not for Newcastle ๐Ÿ˜

Doesnt matter mate ๐Ÿ˜‰ he is a geordie hero thats all thats matters.

Anyhoo....its a shame Aguero is leaving he has been a brilliant addition to the Premier League.ย 

After everything this season I can't believe we finished 3rd, that's mental. Best team until Xmas, horrendous collapse then best team in the final 10. Anyone thinking we won't be back next year is deluded. Top 4 isn't a trophy but the lads should be proud of how they saved the season, especially if you look at those March tables. They've done an incredible job. Fabinho, Phillips, Trent, Bobby, Salah and Thiago have been immense recently.ย 

We finished closer to City this year than they did to us last ๐Ÿ˜‚. Obviously it means little but it's hilarious when you think of the Laporte talk last year now he's not in the team and we got closer without our first four defenders.ย 

Saw an incredible stat that shows how the league is at the top now.ย 

Past three seasons point talliesย 

City - 265 Liverpool - 265ย 

We've been neck and neck for three seasons and nothing really seperates us. We had a rough season this year as did City last but it's evened out, personally I find that crazy to believe. Rivalries aside we're blessed to have such incredible teams in the league. I'm excited for it to start again next season, especially as I think we'll both strengthen well, like this City team with Kane is a scary thought!ย 

Personally I'm delighted this season is behind us though, as a Liverpool fan it's been rough but the lack of fans is a real shitter. I've been fine with footy without them but them being there does add so much. Having CL to look forward to again is one hell of a boost though.ย 

I'm a tad sad for Rodgers in fairness but it's what he does. He's bottled three massive achievements now and that's something he'll have to deal with sooner or later, like Klopp's final record really. I like Rodgers but I think everything fell into place for him with us, especially Suarez and Sturridge but I do like what he's doing at Leicester. How he deals with replacing Vardy though will be massive, he's developed alot since he left us though tbf.ย 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

After everything this season I can't believe we finished 3rd, that's mental. Best team until Xmas, horrendous collapse then best team in the final 10. Anyone thinking we won't be back next year is deluded. Top 4 isn't a trophy but the lads should be proud of how they saved the season, especially if you look at those March tables. They've done an incredible job. Fabinho, Phillips, Trent, Bobby, Salah and Thiago have been immense recently.ย 

We finished closer to City this year than they did to us last ๐Ÿ˜‚. Obviously it means little but it's hilarious when you think of the Laporte talk last year now he's not in the team and we got closer without our first four defenders.ย 

Saw an incredible stat that shows how the league is at the top now.ย 

Past three seasons point talliesย 

City - 265 Liverpool - 265ย 

We've been neck and neck for three seasons and nothing really seperates us. We had a rough season this year as did City last but it's evened out, personally I find that crazy to believe. Rivalries aside we're blessed to have such incredible teams in the league. I'm excited for it to start again next season, especially as I think we'll both strengthen well, like this City team with Kane is a scary thought!ย 

Personally I'm delighted this season is behind us though, as a Liverpool fan it's been rough but the lack of fans is a real shitter. I've been fine with footy without them but them being there does add so much. Having CL to look forward to again is one hell of a boost though.ย 

I'm a tad sad for Rodgers in fairness but it's what he does. He's bottled three massive achievements now and that's something he'll have to deal with sooner or later, like Klopp's final record really. I like Rodgers but I think everything fell into place for him with us, especially Suarez and Sturridge but I do like what he's doing at Leicester. How he deals with replacing Vardy though will be massive, he's developed alot since he left us though tbf.ย 

Liverpool had a great end to the season. Hopefully they get their big name players back on the park next season and can go again.ย 

ย 

Qualifying for the CL is huge as the budget available and players they can attract will keep them in contention for major honours.ย 

Those points stats are very interesting.

Personally I like the next one better...

...City have one 10 of the last 15 major English honours. Wow

Edited by billy2shots

ย 

What a tale that is of our season.ย 

First 14 games

P: 14 - 1st - 31 Points and clearย 

Next 14 gamesย 

P: 14 - 16th - 8 defeats and only 12 points won.ย 

Final 10ย 

P: 10 - 1st - 26 Points and clearย 

Not buying a CB in early January is what did us, we waited until the Matip one forced our hand and screwed the midfield moving Fabinho.ย 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

@Robย ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Screenshot_20210527_081940_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.d545d7e9932a7ae4347a498f4b252d6c.jpg

From an outsiders viewpoint, reckon itโ€™ll happen? I donโ€™t see ย at all.

35 minutes ago, Rob said:

From an outsiders viewpoint, reckon itโ€™ll happen? I donโ€™t see ย at all.

I laughed at the whispers yesterday but now it's everywhere I dunno. I really rate Poch and you've got alot worse without him. But we know what Spurs are like and you basically need a squad rebuild.ย 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I laughed at the whispers yesterday but now it's everywhere I dunno. I really rate Poch and you've got alot worse without him. But we know what Spurs are like and you basically need a squad rebuild.ย 

You arenโ€™t suggesting employing Jose was a bad move?!?

Poch was amazing at improving players. That suits a club the size of Spurs.

So is OGS for the chop?

Zidane and Poch heavily linked in the past with Conte and Alegri also on the managerial merry-go-round.

Spurs might not be a big enough job for the above names but the London factor could be a helpful ingredient.ย 

Could be an interesting close season this one.ย 

Edited by billy2shots

Poch looking more and more likely to go back to Spurs now. I really rate Poch.

zidane has left Madrid now as well, this summer should be interesting. Steve Bruce favourite for the Madrid job.

I'm intrigued to see what Zidane could do somewhere else.ย 

He either goes to PSG or Mbappe comes to Anfield ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚