Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

So what do we feel about Zidane? Good manager or just a manager with a good squad? Personally until he proves himself somewhere else (like Pep did), then hes just a manager with a good squad (well not anymore judging by the league table and the lack of Real players in the Spanish Squad).

Conte to PSG surely?

added 0 minutes later
2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

So what do we feel about Zidane? Good manager or just a manager with a good squad? Personally until he proves himself somewhere else (like Pep did), then hes just a manager with a good squad (well not anymore judging by the league table and the lack of Real players in the Spanish Squad).

Good with big name players. 

15 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Huge fan of him as a player but I’ve never really rated him that much, he’s won some big trophies but I think he had great squads and some really good big game personality’s. And plus he’s Bale’s no 1 enemy so I can’t like him too much for that, so maybe my view is marred by that 😝

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Huge fan of him as a player but I’ve never really rated him that much, he’s won some big trophies but I think he had great squads and some really good big game personality’s. And plus he’s Bale’s no 1 enemy so I can’t like him too much for that, so maybe my view is marred by that 😝

Bale's been ok this year for Spurs (not great but ok!).

Brilliant! Well done Brentford! 👏

As much as that anthem had me in the feels at the start, I could never root for Swansea anyway. Brentford will be a great addition to the big League.

Well fair play to Brentford! Well deserved! I reckon with the style of football you play, good manager, you should stay up. Norwich, Burnley and brighton/Crystal Palace for me to go down next year

Cheers boys. We've got a chance - will be fascinating to see who we buy!

An absolutely amazing day here, can't believe it - we celebrated with expensive whiskey but still just stunned really - can't believe they're letting us in. But i think we'll give it a better go than F*lham or West Brom did this year!

The final today is proof that even if you spend millions on players, you won't be guaranteed success. That's why I prefer trusting academy over signed players.

10 minutes ago, uhqa said:

The final today is proof that even if you spend millions on players, you won't be guaranteed success. That's why I prefer trusting academy over signed players.

I suppose Chelsea playing their TWO academy players over City's one makes all the difference.... 🙄

They've both spent an absolute fortune on players, ffs. 

7 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I suppose Chelsea playing their TWO academy players over City's one makes all the difference.... 🙄

They've both spent an absolute fortune on players, ffs. 

It's no surprise the year they make the final is the year everyone else couldn't spend freely. 

25 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ajer for £6m!! Could be a right bargain.

I was thinking the same, hopefully the start of a few new signings 🤞🏻

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was thinking the same, hopefully the start of a few new signings 🤞🏻

Looks like Lejuene is coming back into the squad too after a good season at Alaves.

Still we aint got enough money to spend. I can see either Almiron or ASM leaving though.

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

Looks like Lejuene is coming back into the squad too after a good season at Alaves.

Still we aint got enough money to spend. I can see either Almiron or ASM leaving though.

Love coming back onto the Forum with some good old Newcastle discussion, only just got FMM 21 and might try get back on here more often if I get the chance 

Ajer is a steal at £6m, can see one or two of Clark,Schar, Lejuene leaving this summer, rumoured budget of £8m-£12m means we having to sell to buy, seemingly ASM will be sold but I reckon we more likely to get £40m tops rather than the rumoured £70m that is wanted 

Hopefully Gayle gets more opportunities as I rate him, Joelinton has improved slightly, Carroll will be off, we really need another forward though as we are too heavily reliant on Wilson

Personally would love to see the out of contract pair of Willems and Townsend return to the club 

Can see this takeover saga dragging on and on so it's going to be a full summer under Ashley and Bruce I reckon.

11 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Love coming back onto the Forum with some good old Newcastle discussion, only just got FMM 21 and might try get back on here more often if I get the chance 

Ajer is a steal at £6m, can see one or two of Clark,Schar, Lejuene leaving this summer, rumoured budget of £8m-£12m means we having to sell to buy, seemingly ASM will be sold but I reckon we more likely to get £40m tops rather than the rumoured £70m that is wanted 

Hopefully Gayle gets more opportunities as I rate him, Joelinton has improved slightly, Carroll will be off, we really need another forward though as we are too heavily reliant on Wilson

Personally would love to see the out of contract pair of Willems and Townsend return to the club 

Can see this takeover saga dragging on and on so it's going to be a full summer under Ashley and Bruce I reckon.

Agreed mostly. Still think Gayle is a championship striker at best. 

Just now, Woody said:

Agreed mostly. Still think Gayle is a championship striker at best. 

I'd agree if he's playing 90 mins but he's a very good impact sub, just a shame we most likely won't be signing Willock as he was amazing 

5 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I'd agree if he's playing 90 mins but he's a very good impact sub, just a shame we most likely won't be signing Willock as he was amazing 

Yeah. Defo priced out of that one.

Our only hope is the sale goes through by the end of the Euro's. 😉

Carlo Ancelotti off to Real Madrid then, I don’t remember there ever being so many manager changes in a summer before?

Exciting summer ahead I think and with Wales winning the Euros coming up 😝

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

Carlo Ancelotti off to Real Madrid then, I don’t remember there ever being so many manager changes in a summer before?

Exciting summer ahead I think and with Wales winning the Euros coming up 😝

I've just seen a tweet, from the same account that broke the Ancelotti to Madrid news, that Everton are seriously considering Steve Bruce for their managers job if he goes.... 

7 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I've just seen a tweet, from the same account that broke the Ancelotti to Madrid news, that Everton are seriously considering Steve Bruce for their managers job if he goes.... 

Don’t do this to me James 😂

Now that would be a massive surprise if that ever happened!

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

4 rightbacks it is 🤣

Look a little light in the out and out striker department. 

He bottled dropping Trent. Amazing. I would love to know who he would have picked had of been just 23.

Bellingham making the squad seems to have gone under the radar. Also, Grealish made it despite being out of favour back along. 

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

He bottled dropping Trent. Amazing. I would love to know who he would have picked had of been just 23.

Bellingham making the squad seems to have gone under the radar. Also, Grealish made it despite being out of favour back along. 

I've got to be honest, I wrote he bottled the TAA decision but thought it would come across as anti Liverpool so deleted it. 

Why has Ward-Prowse been dropped from the squad? He clearly doesn’t intend to play TAA from the start so considering his whole game plan is to score from set pieces and always has been he’s not going to play the 2 best set piece takers we have.

Kane on corners again.

As a neutral looking in, I think Southgate is so overrated it’s ridiculous, how he got the England managers job to me is crazy. Plus the World Cup run was lucky, lost to the only decent teams he played.

Also this is Wales’s tournament to lose IMO.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

As a neutral looking in, I think Southgate is so overrated it’s ridiculous, how he got the England managers job to me is crazy. Plus the World Cup run was lucky, lost to the only decent teams he played.

Also this is Wales’s tournament to lose IMO.

He got the job because nobody else wanted it.

Same as Bruce...