Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

8 hours ago, Rich said:

As a neutral looking in, I think Southgate is so overrated it’s ridiculous, how he got the England managers job to me is crazy. Plus the World Cup run was lucky, lost to the only decent teams he played.

Also this is Wales’s tournament to lose IMO.

Honestly, I don't there is even anyone apart from the English boards that rate him. Surely can't be overrated that way.

I want to see Conte at Wolves with his back-3 system but i dont think he fit their club visions.

If not Benitez, Moyes might be return to Everton.

Edited by Spencer08
2 hours ago, Rob said:

Eddie Who?

😛

2 hours ago, Spencer08 said:

I want to see Conte at Wolves with his back-3 system but i dont think he fit their club visions.

If not Benitez, Moyes might be return to Everton.

Moyes wont leave West Ham.

Although picking 4 right backs was stupid and I think Southgate bottled a tough choice, you have to be gutted for Trent..

Any player missing out on a  tournament experience through injury is horrible but being this close must cut even deeper. 

@Dai_ don’t you love England fans not liking there selections 👀😂

Neco Williams sending off early on ruined our match last night, we started really well.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

@Dai_ don’t you love England fans not liking there selections 👀😂

Neco Williams sending off early on ruined our match last night, we started really well.

You are just jealous you don't have 4 right backs to actually choose from😉

12 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

You are just jealous you don't have 4 right backs to actually choose from😉

Neco Williams, Chris Gunter, Connor Roberts and Adam Matthews 😉

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

A lot more talk about the takeover going through again now @Woody@Dai_ will a takeover ever happen? I’m so over this 😂

It's just that one article in Sun about Ashley being positive. No idea if it's true or not... But I'm sure we can wait until to July to get disappointed again.

Season ticket renewals must be up, that usually the cycle of these take over rumours.

35 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

It's just that one article in Sun about Ashley being positive. No idea if it's true or not... But I'm sure we can wait until to July to get disappointed again.

Season ticket renewals must be up, that usually the cycle of these take over rumours.

Yeah you’re right with the season ticket renewals, it’s around the same times every year. Just before January as well so we don’t sign players then.

Be nice if something actually happened, but I won’t believe it until it’s over the line.

I cant see the EPL bending over and allowing the deal to go through but you never know. 

Untill something concrete comes out im not hopeful.

Don't know if this should be in this thread or the European Football Thread but I will post it here as it involves Newcastle ....I think even Antoine Griezmann wants the Newcastle Takeover to go through 👀👀

Screenshot_20210607-110500__01.thumb.jpg.50e73619d3b75e8b8a4f2a6a9843ab1c.jpg

20 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Don't know if this should be in this thread or the European Football Thread but I will post it here as it involves Newcastle ....I think even Antoine Griezmann wants the Newcastle Takeover to go through 👀👀

Dear god!

3 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Griezmann with his own French Revolution.

10 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Seems realistic to me, should happen in the near future 😉

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

I genuinely don’t know how Everton and Liverpool fans feel about the whole Benitez thing, but watching Keys and Gray get so upset about it, makes it awesome. Hate them.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I genuinely don’t know how Everton and Liverpool fans feel about the whole Benitez thing, but watching Keys and Gray get so upset about it, makes it awesome. Hate them.

I personally don't care. He loves the city and has done so much for it and his family still live there. On a human level I welcome it, it's not like we'll have him back so let the bloke be happy. I might not wish him luck as such but I think it's a good fit. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I personally don't care. He loves the city and has done so much for it and his family still live there. On a human level I welcome it, it's not like we'll have him back so let the bloke be happy. I might not wish him luck as such but I think it's a good fit. 

Exactly how i feel. Gutted we wont have him back but the blokes a top manager. He will do well at Everton. They have money to spend atleast.

31 minutes ago, Woody said:

Exactly how i feel. Gutted we wont have him back but the blokes a top manager. He will do well at Everton. They have money to spend atleast.

Honestly Believe Everton will finish Top 6 under Rafa! He's got a point to prove and with us second half of his last season we had the 7th best form.  It's such a shame as would have loved him back at Newcastle! 

Always thought he was waiting for the takeover to go through and he would make his heroic return. I also think he’ll do well at Everton, if he gets given time I have no doubt he will do well.

Rafa will be extra motivated to successed when you think he knows it's likely his last chance to live/work in the city he loves. If he fails his next job will likely be away from his family again and so on. 

It's not like he recently left us, there has been plenty of time between jobs. It's like if Klopp left tomorrow would we turn our noses up at Ancelotti just because he was at Everton? Apparently it was between him and Klopp back in the day actually. 

The issue will be if he ever struggles the fans will be like he's doing it deliberately and other nonsense. Twitter seems mixed with some happy for him and others demanding we take down his banners, I admit having the Everton manager on a banner on the Kopp is odd but Rafa is a big part of our history.