Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Spurs need to stop messing about and appoint this man.

02735E3E-25F4-4562-BE7D-1886FFC64D3F.jpeg.36f99a860c981764eccec3bbbbb507fb.jpeg

Well he did turn down WBA didn’t he? This could be why!!

6 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

6dZbazDLn5Sn0wmR2jM=

Or this man, get him back in the English game please Spurs. 

I bet what you posted was great but the pic doesn’t work for me 😰

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

There you go 😂😂 should be working now. 

😫😫😫NO NO NO NOT HIM

24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Great post @Aaron Thornton.

He can save a team from going down when appointed 2 months before the end of the season as well, something the managerial genius Rafa couldn’t do.

Couldn’t beat Oxford though then again neither could Rafa….

37 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Always good to see a GK score unless you’re a Hartlepool fan of course.

They seem to have had the last laugh though, 5-4 on penalties.

5 minutes ago, Rob said:
  • Rafa to Everton
  • Nuno to Spurs
  • Sancho to United

Anyone?!?

3 decent moves, but I am very surprised that Spurs did not make a move for Rafa. Cannot wait to see how next season pans out. 

30 minutes ago, Rob said:
  • Rafa to Everton
  • Nuno to Spurs
  • Sancho to United

Anyone?!?

Good managers for both clubs.

Rafa will be solid, but it will be interesting to see how the fans respond in the stands, could be toxic until he at least gets good results. 

I like Nuno, my only worry would be how stale Wolves were last season, but one would think with the options Spurs have, that might not be as much an issue, I don't think Kane is leaving if I'm honest, don't think any of his suitors have him as their MUST buy, if that's the case Nuno has plenty of firepower to work with.

Delighted to finally sign Sancho, worth the wait if you ask me, agreed on a fee that is £40 mil less than BvB wanted last season. Of course he had his injury problems this season and Gareth seems to have just brought him along for the ride at the Euros, but he's a class player and I can't wait to see him in the Prem. 

Not getting over excited though, I still think we're the 4th best team in the league (behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea) and the worst manager of the 4 teams. But one can dream. 

7 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

Hard pass Broodje!

Make it, £200m + KDB + Foden + Dias, then we may be able to talk about it 😂

I like your optimism 😉

Tbh i can't Grealish being at Villa come season start but you never know.

@Aaron Thornton tad harsh on Nuno I think that tbf, he was without his main two attackers losing Jota and Jiminez. Only the season before everyone was raving about him and he was being linked to bigger clubs than Spurs. The issue is can he handle a squad rebuild, will he have the money and what happens now with the Portuguese connections. Wolves used those excellently and so on and that Spurs side needs a decent amount of work, especially if Kane does up and leave. 

I think this Euros will force some moves, like Sancho not being played and Grealish not being a starter is odd. Just watch them play for bigger clubs in England and then they'll be automatic picks. Maybe Philips and Rice prove that point wrong but a fit Hendo plays. 

34 minutes ago, Ashez said:

@Aaron Thornton tad harsh on Nuno I think that tbf, he was without his main two attackers losing Jota and Jiminez. Only the season before everyone was raving about him and he was being linked to bigger clubs than Spurs. The issue is can he handle a squad rebuild, will he have the money and what happens now with the Portuguese connections. Wolves used those excellently and so on and that Spurs side needs a decent amount of work, especially if Kane does up and leave. 

I did mean to mention about them being without Jota and Jiminez, just forgot. 

I agree with the rest of it and it will be very interesting to see who Nuno and Mendes can bring to Spurs with as you say a good bit more money and quality players. 

People already writing him off as Mourinho 2.0 and I think it's a bit unfair, he's almost all of the ability with none of the toxicity that cones with Mourinho. So things look up for Spurs. 

59 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

I did mean to mention about them being without Jota and Jiminez, just forgot. 

I agree with the rest of it and it will be very interesting to see who Nuno and Mendes can bring to Spurs with as you say a good bit more money and quality players. 

People already writing him off as Mourinho 2.0 and I think it's a bit unfair, he's almost all of the ability with none of the toxicity that cones with Mourinho. So things look up for Spurs. 

Isn't their new DoF from Italy? I wonder what conflicts that could cause with Mendes and Levy. As you'd expect they've all got their own targets in mind already. 

21 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Isn't their new DoF from Italy? I wonder what conflicts that could cause with Mendes and Levy. As you'd expect they've all got their own targets in mind already. 

Yeah Paratici and you're right I'm sure Levy especially has his targets and Mendes is probably adjusting his targets for Tottenham.