Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

All the talk about Kane but what about Son? Absolutely wasting his career at Spurs, should have left by now imo. Would easily get into most the top sides in Europe. 

Son is top class and deserves to play for a bigger club but I don’t think he will ask for transfer request like Kane did. He’s too kindhearted to do that. 😂

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

All the talk about Kane but what about Son? Absolutely wasting his career at Spurs, should have left by now imo. Would easily get into most the top sides in Europe. 

Spurs gave him a new contract before they knew if he would have to spend 2 years doing military service, then sent him to the Asian games, which Korea won, getting him an exemption. After Bayer refused to release him for the prior Asian games, that meant the world to him. And he's not a snake. 

That being said, yes, if Madrid had any sense at all, they would have made Son a priority after Ronaldo left. Maybe they didn't want to deal with Levy again. 

Can't overstate how good it feels to see two academy lads pocket a couple hundred million worth of attacking talent. Eager to see how Skipp and Tanganga look on FMM 22.

Edited by hhooo
6 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

You been silenced? 😂

Just dont know how to convince myself that everything will be ok. Because it wont!

Just now, geordiekrispy said:

Lol, like you expected is to beat Burnley?

I knew we wouldnt. He persists with this 5 at the back that clearly stifles any kind of attacking intent. Pathetic really.

On 14/08/2021 at 00:26, broodje kip said:

I don’t think so. Grealish is a huge loss but they signed 4 great players this transfer window. Anyway, I’ve updated my relegation prediction:

18) Newcastle
19) Southampton 
20) Watford

Agreed we are going down! And this whole arbitration crap will be squashed as stavley and PIV will pull out won't wanna buy a championship club. Typical but not surprising 

1 hour ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Agreed we are going down! And this whole arbitration crap will be squashed as stavley and PIV will pull out won't wanna buy a championship club. Typical but not surprising 

I'm in two minds about that. If we go down then they may still proceed, the test for ownership in the Championship is different to the Premier League one. And it means they can prove that they have a long term plan and not just in it for the short term gains (which we know they're not after).

Or...

It's never going to happen anyway, the various court cases and arbitration are all just bluff and bluster so Mike Ashley gets more money to pump into his high street empire. PIF are never going to be able to prove a separation from the crown to a good enough standard for them to be classed as "autonomous".

But I do think that Stavely and maybe the Reubens will still be interested, if the price was reduced sufficiently due to relegation and someone actually valuing the club correctly in line with the quality of the facilities/ground/team etc. They may still be interested in buying it, maybe with a smaller % of PIF investment.

Just now, Woody said:

Good god Arsenal are as bad as Newcastle.

I’d honestly say worse, defensively I’d say they could be the worst in the league, Chambers, Cedric, Kolasinac and Holding, how are they playing for Arsenal?? 

Glad Newcastle aren’t on TV today 😂

51 minutes ago, Woody said:

Good god Arsenal are as bad as Newcastle.

The players looked like they wanted Artetas head

I didn't celebrate either goal because I knew we'd invite them on and they would score. 3 games, 3 penalties conceded.... I'm not even angry. Every game just sucks more life out of me every week.

4 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I didn't celebrate either goal because I knew we'd invite them on and they would score. 3 games, 3 penalties conceded.... I'm not even angry. Every game just sucks more life out of me every week.

I know, it’s honestly so terrible, how we are at home inviting so much pressure on ourselves is beyond me. I hate seeing Benitez doing so well at Everton as well, knew he’d start well.

42 minutes ago, Rich said:

I know, it’s honestly so terrible, how we are at home inviting so much pressure on ourselves is beyond me. I hate seeing Benitez doing so well at Everton as well, knew he’d start well.

Seriously have no feelings towards the result at all. 

Liverpool with yet another dodgy penalty. The bias over the years has been shocking, yet they still think they are hard done by 🤦‍♂️

I don’t think Reece James could have done much to be honest, I think it’s harsh, maybe a pen, but a red on top, i really don’t think that was intentional. Ruins the game as well.

Imo it was going in after the knee contact, he's on the line and it needs what an inch and the ball goes behind him evidenced by his arm being what stops it, which he swings in from behind. 

Then by letter of the law a red card offense is stopping a goal with a arm. 

Admittedly the double jeopardy is bullshit and I'd be annoyed about it the other way around, however it's the rules in black and white. 

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

North London bookends.

Not gonna lie. I had to sit and think about that for a good few minutes. 🤣 I get it now. 

After 3 games, 7 unbeaten teams and 8 teams without a win. Slightly staggered we're in the better of those two categories. 

Gotta feel for arsenal, tough start against arguably the three best teams in the league.