Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Alot better tonight. 

Leeds were depleted but we played well. See how we do next week.

ASM is pure magic though...not many around that can dribble at that speed. 

17 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ole’s at the wheel 

Without an engine, wheels, windows and seats. Fuck me we are shit 😂 Ole I love you man but jesus christ your tactics need some serious attention.

added 0 minutes later
12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Man City is the best club in England 😎

Still fancy Chelsea for the title, but I wouldn't put money on anyone to win it.

4 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Without an engine, wheels, windows and seats. Fuck me we are shit 😂 Ole I love you man but jesus christ your tactics need some serious attention.

Conte is still a free agent. Just saying.

Just now, broodje kip said:

Conte is still a free agent. Just saying.

He'd be my first choice if Ole went, not that the entertainment factor of the actual football would improve, we would just grind out more wins instead of losses 😒

We bloody deserve to be relegated right now for that piss-poor attempt by Murphy at the end there. What the actual F🤬 was he doing???

That's a draw that feels like a loss because we should of been out of sight!

😡

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

This Liverpool and Brentford game reminds me of Liverpool and Leeds from earlier last season. Great game.

Really enjoying it. Brentford are a good watch. So positive with the ball.

That save from Raya too. 👌

We were awful defensively, sloppy in midfield and wasteful in attack but Brentford were excellent and exploited our short comings brilliantly. 

We never controlled the midfield and we were bullied at the back, why we went to 4 strikers I have no idea, especially why we stayed with it. I suppose if Salah finishes that chance it worked but Milner should have came on imo. Have to say I haven't seen VVD and Matip worked that hard for a long time!! 

Brentford will give alot of teams trouble, obviously I do see it as two points dropped but it was a very fun watch at the end of the day which is the point. 

Just shows what you can do with the right players and abit of positivity.

Even as a small club Brentford are giving it a go. Fair play.

Teams will drop points like Liverpool have today but i still expect them to push City and Chelsea till the end.

What a time to be alive! I love that we go for it, we don't just roll over and hope for the best. We'll get a pasting or two, but we can trouble teams too.

West Ham away, Chelsea home and Leicester away for our next 3, so i could easily be "less optimistic" this time next month!!

1 minute ago, Rob said:

@Mr Tree what are your thoughts on the season so far for your boys?

Lol we must've posted at the same time there. We lost our 4th match, home to Brighton, last-minute winner, and i had a feeling that could become the story of our season - scrapping away but keep getting out-done by bits of quality. 

The way we've bounced back though has been so impressive - wolves looked poor but by all accounts they'd given Spurs and Man U tough games, so it was impressive to go there and win convincingly, and it gave us a lot of belief ahead of last night, which was just a cracker... Game of the season candidate? Surely already guaranteed ourselves a spot on the Sky Sports PL Classics playlist :)

So confidence abounds... 10 of the lads have started every game, so i guess the questions will come when our depth gets tested, but for now i can see us keeping relegation away at arm's length for the season. 

Anyone have some fun suggestions for next manager at Spurs? I have a feeling that missing out on Ten Haag or Potter this summer will haunt us for years to come. Best I think we can hope for now would be Schevchenko. Hopefully Nuno doesn't make it past the international break. I would've sacked him at half time.

7 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Anyone have some fun suggestions for next manager at Spurs? I have a feeling that missing out on Ten Haag or Potter this summer will haunt us for years to come. Best I think we can hope for now would be Schevchenko. Hopefully Nuno doesn't make it past the international break. I would've sacked him at half time.

I think staying with Nuno is good. He will probably need some time to adapt.

19 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I think staying with Nuno is good. He will probably need some time to adapt.

We have the worst attack and the worst defense in the league. That isn't someone who needs to adapt. That's someone who needs to find a different line of work. Ryan Mason was better than Nuno.

16 minutes ago, hhooo said:

We have the worst attack and the worst defense in the league. That isn't someone who needs to adapt. That's someone who needs to find a different line of work. Ryan Mason was better than Nuno.

You do realise how many Newcastle fans there on here right?

Just a quick comment to say Up The VIlla!!

Cracking performance Saturday, and one similar to the two games against Chelsea, which our performance deserved alot more than we got. 

It was such a pleasure to see Brunos penalty FLY into space 😂

Nice to see we are becoming a team now. Not just reliant on one player. 

4 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

You do realise how many Newcastle fans there on here right?

I do, but Newcastle are playing much better than Spurs now, and the numbers back that up. Spurs are 19th or 20th for shots/chances/etc both offensively and defensively. We got 3 lucky wins but in terms of performances, we are 100% the worst team in the league. 

10 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I do, but Newcastle are playing much better than Spurs now, and the numbers back that up. Spurs are 19th or 20th for shots/chances/etc both offensively and defensively. We got 3 lucky wins but in terms of performances, we are 100% the worst team in the league. 

Well technically Norwich are... But I understand what you're saying. But keep in mind we've only played well for maybe half of two games and only have 2 draws to show for it.

15 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Well technically Norwich are... But I understand what you're saying. But keep in mind we've only played well for maybe half of two games and only have 2 draws to show for it.

People won't watch us as often as we watch our team mate. They won't see what we see. I understand them not realising the dire performances we have to endure. We're used to it now though. Other fans, especially Spurs fans have to come to terms with losing a manager with an ability to get a team playing exciting football (Poch) and a manager that can grind out results sometimes without playing that well (Jose) and try and give Nuno time to come up with a style of play. He hasn't really done it yet but I believe he could with time. It's raw for them after that abysmal performance yesterday. I mean, they were shocking. The fall from superiority is hurtful.

Thing is Newcastle do it every season and always grind results out, respect to their fans who stick with them through thick and thin. Being a season ticket holder for nearly 27 years now, I can say that Newcastle fans are the best 

10 hours ago, hhooo said:

Nuno had worse team at Wolves except the difference is the board there back him up with the transfers which I don’t think Spurs would do the same. Maybe he will figure out something soon. In the meantime, Son will have to carry the team for a while.