Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

They've said it's a long term project. There's no way too level players would come to the training ground and agree... Ffs they have ice baths in wheelie bins!

We will get a lot more investment than ever under Ashley, Better manager, improve stadium and training facilities, then upgrade a couple players each season! Good times ahead!

I’ve heard about how the City owners have done a lot for the local area and such. I live in the North East so hopefully these new Newcastle owners are going to take a similar approach. I’d certainly welcome that. 

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’ve heard about how the City owners have done a lot for the local area and such. I live in the North East so hopefully these new Newcastle owners are going to take a similar approach. I’d certainly welcome that. 

I think that part is just/more important than what happens on the pitch. This area isn't hampered by FFP so hopefully you guys get rewarded like we did at City. We get the odd line here and there in the press but millions have been invested in the surrounding areas. 

Honestly I don’t care what anyone says, I’m so happy, I’m fed up of being a club that have no ambition, I know there will be a lot of critics out there for Newcastle now, but that comes with having ambitious owners, we can’t just go and Chuck as much money on transfers as we want anyway with FFP. But a massive thing is there will be revamp in to the city and to our training ground especially which is no where near prem standards. It’s nice to be excited again.

Don't care who the manager is. Don't care who we might sign.

Don't care about the wealth.

(Not at the minute anyway)

FAT MIKE IS GONE!! Good fucking riddance!!!

🖤🤍🖤🤍

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Honestly I don’t care what anyone says, I’m so happy, I’m fed up of being a club that have no ambition, I know there will be a lot of critics out there for Newcastle now, but that comes with having ambitious owners, we can’t just go and Chuck as much money on transfers as we want anyway with FFP. But a massive thing is there will be revamp in to the city and to our training ground especially which is no where near prem standards. It’s nice to be excited again.

THIS HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

I honestly cant see them going mental. It needs to be done right!

Yes we have endless money but it has to spent in the right way and not buying players just because we can afford them 

I'm happy for the toon fans, about time they had a club they could be proud off. But, is no one else slightly concerned about the morals and beliefs of these new owners? 

How can a country, which basically class women, gays, and anybody who doesn't conform as second class citizens own a English football club. 

Just now, JamesVilla said:

I'm happy for the toon fans, about time they had a club they could be proud off. But, is no one else slightly concerned about the morals and beliefs of these new owners? 

How can a country, which basically class women, gays, and anybody who doesn't conform as second class citizens own a English football club. 

Sorry James but Man City's owners are from the same family and no one bats an eye lid.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Sorry James but Man City's owners are from the same family and no one bats an eye lid.

I may be wrong, but City's owners are a family. Yours are pretty much the country as a whole yes? 

13 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

The thing, it’s almost certain that plenty of businesses already do deals with them so where do you draw the line?

6 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I may be wrong, but City's owners are a family. Yours are pretty much the country as a whole yes? 

It's the PIF which is a sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia buy the Saudi rulers have said they will have no involvement of the club.

The human rights allegations don't look good but what I ask is, if Villa had this happen to them, how strongly would you feel? Would you boycott games? 

7 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

No the country have nothing to do with the take over otherwise it wouldnt go through.

The owners of Man City and PSG for that matter have people with rhe club that are from the same family. Either cousins or brother and such.

4 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

It's the PIF which is a sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia buy the Saudi rulers have said they will have no involvement of the club.

The human rights allegations don't look good but what I ask is, if Villa had this happen to them, how strongly would you feel? Would you boycott games? 

I won't lie, it's difficult to say how far I would oppose it for my club, unless we were in that situation. 

Thats fair then I suppose all I had seen is that its the PIF, which was essentially the country, rather than a select few rich guys. 

As I said, happy for the toon fans that they finally get their takeover, that you guys have wanted for years now, so don't take it as something it's not. 

Can't help but be happy for the long-suffering fans, even if it creates another obstacle to the Superbees' rise to world domination.

Definitely intrigued to see what they do in January though. Gotta play their cards right. They're definitely "in the mix" as one of the worst 3 teams in the division and if they invest poorly or cautiously, could still see them going down! 

37 minutes ago, Woody said:

Wow, I've obviously had my head in the sand for the last decade.

Can you share that info as I had no Idea (link)

Separate countries and philosophys and what seems like a hatred to each other. 

Or is this one of those 'i'm related to you' type situations if you trace the family tree back far enough. 

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Wow, I've obviously had my head in the sand for the last decade.

Can you share that info as I had no Idea (link)

Separate countries and philosophys and what seems like a hatred to each other. 

Or is this one of those 'i'm related to you' type situations if you trace the family tree back far enough. 

Ha ha it was noted when the deal was 1st mentioned 4 years ago. Thats all i know.

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ha ha it was noted when the deal was 1st mentioned 4 years ago. Thats all i know.

To be fair @billy2shots i've searched and cant find anything so im probably way off and im man enough to say when im wrong. 👍

Stuff like this is all I could find 

Screenshot_20211007_210045_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8bf9f58a16949d7722b7a73a7b32a5ed.jpg

But I've seen no mention of him this time around so I have no idea 😂. I've not followed it closely at all but reports like that would explain the confusion. 

Pleased for the Toon fans, as I like the club. Always strikes me as a proper football City (and I’m sure all the Toon fans on here are Newcastle born and bred), but the general twatness of owners of football clubs (not just the Barcodes) irritates me.

Always has, always will, and it’s at all levels of football at varying degrees of wealth. Larger clubs have rich Sheikhs; lower league clubs have local ‘legends’ who own a string of nightclubs and happened to buy in to a football club to service their ego.

The more fan owned clubs, particularly by Supporters Trusts, the better. But sadly football represents a spring with no elasticity - it’s broken forever.

But I’m sure all the half-naked belly slapping Toon fans are dancing in the streets tonight.

At least it’s makes the league a bit more interesting.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Pleased for the Toon fans, as I like the club. Always strikes me as a proper football City (and I’m sure all the Toon fans on here are Newcastle born and bred), but the general twatness of owners of football clubs (not just the Barcodes) irritates me.

Always has, always will, and it’s at all levels of football at varying degrees of wealth. Larger clubs have rich Sheikhs; lower league clubs have local ‘legends’ who own a string of nightclubs and happened to buy in to a football club to service their ego.

The more fan owned clubs, particularly by Supporters Trusts, the better. But sadly football represents a spring with no elasticity - it’s broken forever.

But I’m sure all the half-naked belly slapping Toon fans are dancing in the streets tonight.

Agree and i've slapped my belly thoroughly tonight 😂

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Agree and i've slapped my belly thoroughly tonight 😂

I expect you are all slapping one another’s! 😆

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Newcastle born and bread mate #HowayTheLads

53 minutes ago, Rich said:

Newcastle born and bread mate #HowayTheLads

I was born in Stoke but grandad was born it Gateshead. His family moved down here because my great grandad was a miner and my grandad was stationed here during ww2 which is when he met my nan.

This takeover is just another move in a long line of incidents making me fall out of love with the game. Abramovich must love this, he's plummeting down the list of most evil football owners.

Are city and chelsea not raked over the coals for their awful owners when people in England talk about the clubs? That strikes me as odd given how often it comes up in other countries and on larger international discussions. 

But yes, eventually normal people won't have the energy to object to them every time, and that's why sportswashing works. 

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

This takeover is just another move in a long line of incidents making me fall out of love with the game. Abramovich must love this, he's plummeting down the list of most evil football owners.

Are city and chelsea not raked over the coals for their awful owners when people in England talk about the clubs? That strikes me as odd given how often it comes up in other countries and on larger international discussions. 

But yes, eventually normal people won't have the energy to object to them every time, and that's why sportswashing works. 

Hate it until Spurs gets a take over too :P 

Jk, I don’t mind seeing clubs like Newcastle getting new owner. They deserve some success. We’d see if they are really good at managing a club like Mansour and Abramovic did. I’d be grateful to not have owners like Glazers that doesn’t care about the club honestly.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Honestly I’m still so excited.

Me too. Its honestly not about the prospect of signing superstars. We're a long way off that. Plus we need to stay up first.

It's the fact that a cancer has been cut out of the club. The way we're viewed by other fans now doesn't bother me either. It's not like we had or have a choice who our owners are. Its not our fault that they have SO MUCH wealth.

I think more people, outside of our own fans like our club than dislike us. I've seen so many say how happy they are for us. It'll likely change to hatred if we do start challenging for things. But, oh well. 🤣

29 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Me too. Its honestly not about the prospect of signing superstars. We're a long way off that. Plus we need to stay up first.

It's the fact that a cancer has been cut out of the club. The way we're viewed by other fans now doesn't bother me either. It's not like we had or have a choice who our owners are. Its not our fault that they have SO MUCH wealth.

I think more people, outside of our own fans like our club than dislike us. I've seen so many say how happy they are for us. It'll likely change to hatred if we do start challenging for things. But, oh well. 🤣

Totally agree with all that, I’m genuinely most excited about the fact that we will get a new manager now. I see Steven Gerrard is favourite with the bookies, I’m not apposed to anyone to be honest, he’s done great at Rangers, players will want to play for him as well.

25 minutes ago, Rich said:

Totally agree with all that, I’m genuinely most excited about the fact that we will get a new manager now. I see Steven Gerrard is favourite with the bookies, I’m not apposed to anyone to be honest, he’s done great at Rangers, players will want to play for him as well.

With the greatest respect. Scotland is a pub League. A genuine pub league. Going invincible through a league season, especially last season during a pandemic with condensed fixtures is admirable. BUT, I don't want him. The Premiership is a different universe compared to Scotland. I know a lot of managers have come from Scotland and had success (the greatest ever in Sir Alex. As much as I hate them, I can admit that), these are different times. I'd be disappointed if we got Stevie G.

I wouldn't mind Eddie Howe. For now anyway. It seems like he's held out for this job. Give it to him and see what he can do. The one thing I know is, he'll try playing attacking football. I know Bournemouth were relegated under his management but I feel we are better equipped than they ever were. Just my opinion.