Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

6 hours ago, Woody said:

Didnt say i wanted him just that its picking up pace. You're right though we need someone to come in and give them a kick up the arse.

Martinez is a huge no...dont want him(overrated for me).

Tbh i gaven't got a clue who we need. Maybe give it Gattuso he wants it that much 😂

Wilder is a good shout though 👍

By all accounts Gattuso would scare them into playing better...

I can't decide if we need someone who's got history with a relegation battle or someone who's got experience in the Premier league or someone who can make a team play better than they should be...

Saying it like that, everything points to Rafa, which isn't going to happen unless Everton get rid of him for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

By all accounts Gattuso would scare them into playing better...

I can't decide if we need someone who's got history with a relegation battle or someone who's got experience in the Premier league or someone who can make a team play better than they should be...

Saying it like that, everything points to Rafa, which isn't going to happen unless Everton get rid of him for whatever reason.

Apparently Emery has jumped to the top of thw qeue now! Its getting abit old tbh!

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Apparently Emery has jumped to the top of thw qeue now! Its getting abit old tbh!

Yep. I think it's got to th stage where I'll just ignore most of the rumours (more than I usually do) until I see something tweeted from the club announcing an appointment.

I suppose it's the rumours of who we'll sign in January that will become even more frequent after someone is appointed.

The favourites for this Newcastle job are different every day, can’t keep up with it. Martinez is favourite now with some bookies, I just don’t know what to think about all these managers being linked. Don’t know who I want 🤔

I totally agree with @FuddledFoxwith us needing results this season, I think an experienced manager for rest of the season and then bring in someone who can bring a style of play in next season.

Mike Ashley has left us in the shitter with the squad we have, but Graeme Jones has not picked the best of teams, Schar and Fernandez for me are better than Lascelles and Clark for me. I was Almiron would have been used better as well, but it just feels like we still have Bruce in charge at the moment.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Nuno has gone. Joke of a club 😂

What was your opinion on the Pool this weekend? I only saw the highlights on MOTD. Brighton are a really good team. I'm never surprised when they get a result that they're not really expected to.

20 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

What was your opinion on the Pool this weekend? I only saw the highlights on MOTD. Brighton are a really good team. I'm never surprised when they get a result that they're not really expected to.

Excellent for the first 30 mins then it turned into our worst performance of the season. It was like the third goal made us go easy thinking it was over even though it was disallowed. 

Issue was the none existent midfield though! Henderson, Jones and Oxlade are our only fit midfielders and the game changed when Naby went off. Once the legs went we had no options and just couldn't compete unfortunately and now they'll likely be over played leading to more injuries. 

Unfortunately it was predictable as Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Oxlade and Naby are injury prone, Elliot was a surprise but obviously got injured and then we have Milner who's older. Gini played like every game last season because he needed to, we didn't replace him and unfortunately have found ourselves now short in midfield. Just like we did last season when we didn't replace Lovren. The most important stat is availability and Gini was a machine. 

The drop off from Fabinho to Henderson at DMC is massive, as is the one from Henderson to Oxlade at CM. I love Oxlade and we've had some amazing nights from him but I'm not entirely sure how he's still at the club. High wages, inconsistent and hardly ever fit just isn't a good combination. 

Oddly Bissouma is the one who I wanted in the summer, his legal issues might mean we got a lucky escape but he was quality against us at the weekend, he absolutely bossed it. He could have done the Gini role and offered a better option at DMC when Fabinho isn't available, he just seemed the perfect option at a reasonable price. When he was subbed I thought we might turn it around but it never looked liked happening. 

Hopefully this midfield crisis doesn't last long as we can't afford to fall away, especially as Mane, Salah and Naby are off to the ACONs soon. We're just slightly inconsistent this season, we've been complete magic and absolutely awful at times. Our defending in Europe especially has gone under the radar but it's been shocking. 

I'm not overly worried yet as City don't look right and we've yet to see Chelsea wobble, it'll come eventually so it all depends how they respond. City are the ones who can go on some daft undefeated run though so I think there is alot left to play for. 

January only having Jota, Minamino and Origi up front isn't exactly exciting though 😂

2 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20211101-102703__01.thumb.jpg.4c01b784b301622b38981aea0f3f4b0d.jpg

I'd take Nuno at Nufc. Look what he did with Wolves.

Love how the press say Mourinho didn't work as he was defensive and counter attacking, so they got Nuno and the press said the same thing as it's not the Spurs way. Now they're going crazy in excitement about Conte 😂

The Kane situation screwed Nuno, should have sold him and let Nuno build instead of burdening a low pick manager with a striker who didn't want to be there. 

Again though Spurs biggest problem is the recruitment has been dreadful for years. 

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Love how the press say Mourinho didn't work as he was defensive and counter attacking, so they got Nuno and the press said the same thing as it's not the Spurs way. Now they're going crazy in excitement about Conte 😂

The Kane situation screwed Nuno, should have sold him and let Nuno build instead of burdening a low pick manager with a striker who didn't want to be there. 

Again though Spurs biggest problem is the recruitment has been dreadful for years. 

Nuno is just a low budget Mou clone, except he has no idea how to build an attack without Jimenez and Traore. Conte, while I do think it's a lazy comparison with Mou, is light years ahead of Nuno on any metric and we should be excited. 

The bigger issue though is that the press are lazy, pathetic parasites no matter who you support. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Excellent for the first 30 mins then it turned into our worst performance of the season. It was like the third goal made us go easy thinking it was over even though it was disallowed. 

Issue was the none existent midfield though! Henderson, Jones and Oxlade are our only fit midfielders and the game changed when Naby went off. Once the legs went we had no options and just couldn't compete unfortunately and now they'll likely be over played leading to more injuries. 

Unfortunately it was predictable as Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Oxlade and Naby are injury prone, Elliot was a surprise but obviously got injured and then we have Milner who's older. Gini played like every game last season because he needed to, we didn't replace him and unfortunately have found ourselves now short in midfield. Just like we did last season when we didn't replace Lovren. The most important stat is availability and Gini was a machine. 

The drop off from Fabinho to Henderson at DMC is massive, as is the one from Henderson to Oxlade at CM. I love Oxlade and we've had some amazing nights from him but I'm not entirely sure how he's still at the club. High wages, inconsistent and hardly ever fit just isn't a good combination. 

Oddly Bissouma is the one who I wanted in the summer, his legal issues might mean we got a lucky escape but he was quality against us at the weekend, he absolutely bossed it. He could have done the Gini role and offered a better option at DMC when Fabinho isn't available, he just seemed the perfect option at a reasonable price. When he was subbed I thought we might turn it around but it never looked liked happening. 

Hopefully this midfield crisis doesn't last long as we can't afford to fall away, especially as Mane, Salah and Naby are off to the ACONs soon. We're just slightly inconsistent this season, we've been complete magic and absolutely awful at times. Our defending in Europe especially has gone under the radar but it's been shocking. 

I'm not overly worried yet as City don't look right and we've yet to see Chelsea wobble, it'll come eventually so it all depends how they respond. City are the ones who can go on some daft undefeated run though so I think there is alot left to play for. 

January only having Jota, Minamino and Origi up front isn't exactly exciting though 😂

Do you think the coach wants to improve the midfield? I think if he wanted to, he would do it.

On 31/10/2021 at 10:04, geordiekrispy said:

I have a fear that they'll sack Nuno and get Fonseca in just as we're about to sign him.

The name on the news is Conte’s. And I highly doubt Fonseca would miss the Newcastle revamp bandwagon to go to the newly reinstated Tottenham’s Manager Graveyard. 

Looks like Unai Emery is the man we want to take over from Bruce now, I’d be happy with him, done well everywhere he’s been really, didn’t work out for him at Arsenal but his record wasn’t actually bad. Was always going to be tough replacing Wenger. Would be a step up from Bruce anyway!

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

Looks like Unai Emery is the man we want to take over from Bruce now, I’d be happy with him, done well everywhere he’s been really, didn’t work out for him at Arsenal but his record wasn’t actually bad. Was always going to be tough replacing Wenger. Would be a step up from Bruce anyway!

Was just going to post this. Caulkin is saying Emery is the board's choice with Howe as a backup if they can't get him.

I think I'd be happy with him, I haven't seen as much "style" articles about him though and I can't remember what he was like at Arsenal, but following Wenger was always going to be tough.

I'd prefer him over Howe.

Just wonder if Fonseca will end up at Villa and if we'll regret not getting him... If it all happens like it's being reported.

Edited by geordiekrispy

Screenshot_20211102-125030__01.thumb.jpg.d50bc3ffad0fdd02eb979880e2a651a6.jpg

Lot of pace gathering with the links to Unai Emery.

3 Europa League Titles with Sevilla

1 Europa League Title with Villarreal

Won Ligue 1 with PSG

Finished 5th (70pts) and reached Europa League Final with Arsenal - best finish they've ever had since Arsene Wenger.

To go from Bruce to Emery is a big step up.

Edited by AdamNufc
10 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20211102-125030__01.thumb.jpg.d50bc3ffad0fdd02eb979880e2a651a6.jpg

Lot of pace gathering with the links to Unai Emery.

3 Europa League Titles with Sevilla

1 Europa League Title with Villarreal

Won Ligue 1 with PSG

Finished 5th (70pts) and reached Europa League Final with Arsenal - best finish they've ever had since Arsene Wenger.

To go from Bruce to Emery is a big step up.

I knew Tifo had done a video on his time at Arsenal talking about his tactics, just took me a while to find it:

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Wtf is going on mate....the wheels have fell off

Can’t defend, can’t win away from home, can’t cope with any side who has any hint of any physically about them. Scraping wins at the start of the season papered over the cracks of average performances. A very arrogant manager who thinks he’s the bees knees with very little evidence to back it up and no Plan B when it starts going wrong. Talks a load of shite which is fine when we’re winning he can chat all the bollocks he wants but it soon gets tiring when it’s going as badly as the last few weeks have.

Losing 4-0, 5-1 and 3-0 in League One within a month borders on funny even for me and I would say after tonight Johnson has lost at least 75% of the fanbase. Cup runs are great but they all mean nothing at the end of the day unless you win it which we obviously won’t win the League Cup. No idea how brave our new owner is but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we’re looking for another new manager in the next couple of weeks.

Would Mags seriously be happy with Eddie Howe? Great job at Bournemouth when the expectations were low, works well in an “underdog” type situation but as soon as he had money to spend and they weren’t little old Bournemouth any more it all went wrong. Pressure won’t be much higher than it will be at Newcastle over the next few years from both the media and a large section of the fanbase who both expect completely unrealistic things. Some on here thought they could get Conte as manager ffs 🤣 They need an impact manager and let’s be honest if Howe gets the job, they’re going down.

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Would Mags seriously be happy with Eddie Howe? Great job at Bournemouth when the expectations were low, works well in an “underdog” type situation but as soon as he had money to spend and they weren’t little old Bournemouth any more it all went wrong. Pressure won’t be much higher than it will be at Newcastle over the next few years from both the media and a large section of the fanbase who both expect completely unrealistic things. Some on here thought they could get Conte as manager ffs 🤣 They need an impact manager and let’s be honest if Howe gets the job, they’re going down.

I don't want Howe. I agree we will most likely go down under him. The amount of goals his team's let in was worrying, around 62 last time I checked stats I think. We already have such a 💩 defence.

I was gonna be buzzing with Emery but currently we are in the mud. Need a miracle this season.

33 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Don’t want Howe personally but if it comes to it, will still be an upgrade on Bruce, so not all bad tbh. Whoever does come in, needs to bring in a good few players because our squad isn’t good enough at all. 

Bring back John Carver I say.

I can’t even joke about that 😂

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Villas-Boas......Dunno why but just remembered him and he could be fun 😂

Fun isn't the right word... 

Better than Bruce though? Yeah why not