Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

We need a new Goalkeeper!!!! You have to take command there FFS! We all know Clark is dog shit so expect nothing else from him but Dubravka has been diabolical since coming back into the team. 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

We need a new Goalkeeper!!!! You have to take command there FFS! We all know Clark is dog shit so expect nothing else from him but Dubravka has been diabolical since coming back into the team. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah we need a whole new back 5 tbh. Not good enough. That was so embarrassing by Clark especially for me as he ducked out of the way which is actually ridiculous😂

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

Outrageous!!! Another stone wall penalty denied! The Premier League want us relegated! What other explanation is there?

Honestly that was ridiculous, one my mates who’s a Man City fan has been messaging me and he cannot believe that wasn’t a pen, it was stone wall.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Honestly that was ridiculous, one my mates who’s a Man City fan has been messaging me and he cannot believe that wasn’t a pen, it was stone wall.

It's not like we're likely to win these games but a bit of fairness would be good.

I'm in a slight daze at how Joelinton is bossing the best midfield in the League though. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

It's not like we're likely to win these games but a bit of fairness would be good.

I'm in a slight daze at how Joelinton is bossing the best midfield in the League though. 🤣

Despite the fuck ups we have been pretty decent. Cant believe the no penalty.....disgusting decision!!!

4 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Honestly Joelinton again looks so good, the man is reborn and I’m so happy, always wanted him to come good and he’s doing it!

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Despite the fuck ups we have been pretty decent. Cant believe the no penalty.....disgusting decision!!!

Gives me encouragement, if we can sort CB out very quickly in Jan, then we give ourselves a decent chance. Lascelles and Clark are awful. 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Honestly Joelinton again looks so good, the man is reborn and I’m so happy, always wanted him to come good and he’s doing it!

Gives me encouragement, if we can sort CB out very quickly in Jan, then we give ourselves a decent chance. Lascelles and Clark are awful. 

If we can play like that with better players surely will can pull ourselves clear.

If we got in Trippier, Digne and Martial on loan that would be a great starting point. Get Tarkowski and Ramsey too....a far better starting 11.

Well we can't defend for Toffee. Either I don't understand the rules of football or that's a stonewall fucking penalty ( pardon my french) 

I agree with @Woody Trippier Digne Martial and Tarkowski are players I'd like in. Coady or Bottman too.

How we are only still 3 points adrift is beyond me. Season suspension until 15th January would benefit us a lot if we get players in early doors.

The longer this goes on at Newcastle, the more I see similarities with Blackburn and the Venkys. Remember the promise of Ronaldinho etc. 

If the Toon go down, it will be interesting to see the financial commitment on offer. 

3 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

The longer this goes on at Newcastle, the more I see similarities with Blackburn and the Venkys. Remember the promise of Ronaldinho etc. 

If the Toon go down, it will be interesting to see the financial commitment on offer. 

Nah you can tell these lot are serious and hopefully we see that in January with some big money spent 

Do players get special treatment depending on their "profile"? If Shelvey (for instance) had challenged Robertson like Kane just did would the card of only been yellow? Kane is the captain of England after all.... 🙄 Hypocrisy everywhere! 

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Do players get special treatment depending on their "profile"? If Shelvey (for instance) had challenged Robertson like Kane just did would the card of only been yellow? Kane is the captain of England after all.... 🙄 Hypocrisy everywhere! 

Always the same! It’s so true certain players get labelled in a way and whatever they do it gets looked at worse, in a way it’s there fault for past things, but I very incident should be looked at separately.

@samhardy I saw your boys yesterday battle to draw with Ipswich, a fair result and me a late replacement as my son friend didn't feel well so got to see my first league one game.

Only just realising how many more games we’ve played than some of the other teams down the bottom and it’s made me less optimistic 🙈

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Only just realising how many more games we’ve played than some of the other teams down the bottom and it’s made me less optimistic 🙈

This is all under control! 

Trippier £34m

Tarkowski £20m 

Bottman £40m

Digne £20m

Lingard £15m

Martial £6m loan fee 

We just need to Saudis to splash £135million and we will be sweet 😂

2 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

This is all under control! 

Trippier £34m

Tarkowski £20m 

Bottman £40m

Digne £20m

Lingard £15m

Martial £6m loan fee 

We just need to Saudis to splash £135million and we will be sweet 😂

And Ramsey for nowt! 😆

Juventus just want him off there books so he’s available for free transfer and what I’m reading about Trippier is that he will only cost 15m as long as they got a replacement before he goes.

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Juventus just want him off there books so he’s available for free transfer and what I’m reading about Trippier is that he will only cost 15m as long as they got a replacement before he goes.

Yeah I read the Trippier £15m after I posted this so we should get some good deals hopefully. This is the biggest window in our history 

The problem is that we've played so many more games than the other teams around us, even if we were to win a load in Jan, we'd probably still be behind them as they caught up!

It doesn't matter who we buy as they'll probably all have relegation release clauses in their contracts, so we'll have to do an almost full rebuild next summer.

don't think games is such a big issue - if you assemble a team that can go on a, what, eight-match run, you should be fine (everyone has so few points down there).

seen Digne mentioned a few times, is that your man from Everton? i'm seeing a lot of "people i've heard of" for the first time properly this year, and sometimes get an awful impression of them - he was such a cheating snidey divey c*** in the game at the BCS that he can sincerely fuck right off - i'm not sure i'd recommend him, let's say :)

Tarky's a ******* **** too, so, good luck with that

7D99C58C-B109-4B95-857E-AC7573B7D557.thumb.jpeg.5722d084ee5d1a68024a8f1408d9738d.jpeg

What do we guys think of this? Seems highly respected in the game and it’s nice to see us finally making moves for a DOF. 

12 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

He seems a like a decent enough DOF. But I need to do more reading about him, he doesn't seem to be in the same league as the ex-chelsea guy

Didn't he have something to do with Southgate and the setting up of the Burton Training Centre?

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Didn't he have something to do with Southgate and the setting up of the Burton Training Centre?

He’s been heavily involved in England’s new “DNA”. Since he was involved with England they became a lot more successful on all grounds. He then left for Brighton and they haven’t done too badly.

22 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

He seems a like a decent enough DOF. But I need to do more reading about him, he doesn't seem to be in the same league as the ex-chelsea guy

He does look decent but apparently he didn’t want to come in the end. I quite like the thought of an Englishman brought in, he may understand the league and the fans more.

27 minutes ago, Woody said:

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

He’s been heavily involved in England’s new “DNA”. Since he was involved with England they became a lot more successful on all grounds. He then left for Brighton and they haven’t done too badly.

Yeah, but Jones has been included in the England set up, and that hasn't exactly made us all conquering has it...

2 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Yeah, but Jones has been included in the England set up, and that hasn't exactly made us all conquering has it...

To be fair our squad would make Pep or Klopp not all conquering, there is no coaching dog shit like like our defence. So i personally think it’s not fair comparing us to England, we are terrible.

This is the first time in so long where I’m actually looking forward to a January transfer window, roll on January 😂