Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Diego Carlos deal is close now according to sky sports, be nice to get him in ASAP. I do think we’ll go down, but I’m trying my best to keep positive 🤞🏻

I'm still dubious after him playing last night and his recent tweet.

Hopefully Sky are right.

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm still dubious after him playing last night and his recent tweet.

Hopefully Sky are right.

How did he play mate? I heard he was decent.

Watford Vs Norwich tomorrow

Best result for us is a draw or a Norwich win, hopefully Watford don't win 

We will then have 2 games in hand oh Norwich.

None of this matters though if we don't get a win against Leeds 

Sky did an in-depth dive on Diego Carlos the other day.

Basically saying how well Seville have defended as a team this season as a unit.

DC has second most La Liga passes if that interests anyone. Also the best blocker (just buy Shane Duffy?)

Something that stood out. He is Ranked 1st in the entire league for individual mistakes leading to goals. 

That's quite remarkable, the team with the best defensive record in the league also has the person responsible for the most mistakes leading to goals.

The question has to be asked, how good would Seville be without him/those mistakes.

Screenshot_20220120-170731__01.thumb.jpg.e13fc9d9011036c404ff169fa3cda66a.jpg

Looks like we have competition for Carlos, straight shoot out next week between us and reportedly Spurs. He will probably choose Spurs but you never know.

Reports we've tabled a £12m offer to sign Lingard. I think it would be a deal similar to in 2016 when we were battling relegation and signed Townsend. £12m fee paid but £12m release clause if we go down

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Sky did an in-depth dive on Diego Carlos the other day.

Basically saying how well Seville have defended as a team this season as a unit.

DC has second most La Liga passes if that interests anyone. Also the best blocker (just buy Shane Duffy?)

Something that stood out. He is Ranked 1st in the entire league for individual mistakes leading to goals. 

That's quite remarkable, the team with the best defensive record in the league also has the person responsible for the most mistakes leading to goals.

The question has to be asked, how good would Seville be without him/those mistakes.

So, what you're telling me is that he's the Brazilian Jamaal Lascelles?

🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

So, what you're telling me is that he's the Brazilian Jamaal Lascelles?

🤦‍♂️

Wouldn't it be typically Newcastle to spend big money on a liability 🤣

I remember him having an absolute rollercoaster in a Uefa Cup game (final?). 

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

Wouldn't it be typically Newcastle to spend big money on a liability 🤣

I remember him having an absolute rollercoaster in a Uefa Cup game (final?). 

Yeah. That rings a bell.

Can you remember, in the early times after your takeover getting annoyed at the sheer amount of players being linked with you? Or was it not the same?

4 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Yeah. That rings a bell.

Can you remember, in the early times after your takeover getting annoyed at the sheer amount of players being linked with you? Or was it not the same?

Although there were 24h news outlets back then it wasn't half as bad as it is today with click bait everywhere you turn. 

You literally have to zone out otherwise you go on an emotional ride getting excited or down about a player who never had any chance of joining. 

Stick to the club website who tell you when the deal is done and don't listen to opinion as those 'opinions' are for financial gain in the majority of cases.

Agents will also play the game of leaking info to drum up interest in their player with other clubs or to get a better contract at their current club and we all know how much faith we should place in these snakes. 

Pardon my French but HOW THE FUCK DID WE NOT BEAT WATFORD 

2-0 Norwich are beating them, good for us as stops Watford going more points ahead of us BUT those two points dropped against Watford could be huge, we'd be In a much better position right now, MUST WIN TOMORROW AGAINST LEEDS

15 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Pardon my French but HOW THE FUCK DID WE NOT BEAT WATFORD 

2-0 Norwich are beating them, good for us as stops Watford going more points ahead of us BUT those two points dropped against Watford could be huge, we'd be In a much better position right now, MUST WIN TOMORROW AGAINST LEEDS

I would love a win but I can't see it tbh. We have to be adventurous now.

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

I would love a win but I can't see it tbh. We have to be adventurous now.

I'm begging that Howe doesn't start Lascelles but I bet he does!

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

I'm begging that Howe doesn't start Lascelles but I bet he does!

He has. Since Colo left he had been shocking.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

He has. Since Colo left he had been shocking.

We need a CB more than anything, I would have even been happy with Fernandez back from injury next to Schaar, but seeing Lascelles these days makes me uneasy.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

We need a CB more than anything, I would have even been happy with Fernandez back from injury next to Schaar, but seeing Lascelles these days makes me uneasy.

I'd of gone Schar with Dummett at the back.

Not the best first half but least we aren't losing. Hopefully Leeds tire and we can get them on the break, Wood has had no service, he needs someone signed up top to go alongside him. Dummett has been slow at left back, he's better and centre back. We've been cut apart quite easily so I'm surprised we go in 0-0

Big win - keeps Leeds interested too, just as they were thinking they were getting out of it...

Crazy game at the BCS, finished 40mins late in the end, 6th defeat in 7 for us but 3 of those are City, Utd and Liverpool, t'other 3 are Brighton away, Southampton away and Wolves home, so all justifiable and we're really missing our main keeper, who should finally be back for the next game apparently. And performances have been decent, so i think this break has come at a good time for us and we can put another little run together when we get back. 

Still 14th, and even though 18th and 19th won, the teams starting this weekend 15th, 16th and 17th all lost too so... no disaster, yet... wouldn't mind a new signing or two though!!

50 minutes ago, Rob said:

Can someone explain the Sargeant goal to me please? I have seen it and it t breaks my brain.

It can be easily described as a fluke. 😂

Dreadful VAR decision in the Liverpool game.

Jota clearly changes direction to make contact with the keeper to win the penalty.

CP absolutely destroyed Liverpool in this second half. Great goalkeeping by Alison to keep the reds in it.

Big team decision that, very poor. 

Edited by billy2shots