Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

47 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Frank has done a very good job but Eddie saving us from relegation when we hadn't won in 14 games, first ever side to do that defo deserves it. We spent money but we still had to perform on the pitch and we did.

The shame for both our hopes of Eddie or Frank winning it is neither will. It will likely go to Klopp ( he's leading the vote) as people are being swayed by Liverpool's performances in the CL and both cups rather than solely in the Prem

Exactly. Plus Wood hasnt really done anything and Trippier has missed a massive chunk of games. We have only really benefitted from Bruno, Targett and Burn. 

The biggest thing to come out of the 2nd half of the season is how colossul Joelinton has become!

Schar has been class and just the work rate of the whole team has been excellent. 

Zero disrespect to Eddie intended. But our budget is less than 50% of Watford's, the 19th-largest in the league. What we've achieved is simply phenomenal. Hugely intriguing summer ahead, but our track record is very impressive so I'm happy to sit back and see what happens...

13 minutes ago, Woody said:

Exactly. Plus Wood hasnt really done anything and Trippier has missed a massive chunk of games. We have only really benefitted from Bruno, Targett and Burn. 

The biggest thing to come out of the 2nd half of the season is how colossul Joelinton has become!

Schar has been class and just the work rate of the whole team has been excellent. 

Bruno was also a sub player for his first few games.

Reports suggesting recently we won't sign Targett but I hope we do he's been solid on that left hand side.

The atmosphere last night was amazing and we can really push on next season with another 4-5 signings

@Mr Tree How much would you reckon Brentford would sell Toney for? Seen a few links with him signing for us but with him being your top goalscorer, playing in the Prem and English I would reckon we'd have to pay a premium

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

@Mr Tree How much would you reckon Brentford would sell Toney for? Seen a few links with him signing for us but with him being your top goalscorer, playing in the Prem and English I would reckon we'd have to pay a premium

Yeah gotta be looking around £50m, considering he's still "young" (not old, anyway!) and he's got size and ability... Bear in mind we got £30m or so for both Watkins and Benrahma, while we were in the championship... but on the other hand, not sure about Ivan's contract situation, he may be able to push us into taking less...

I do like him but think we'd be able to replace him, easier than Raya or Eriksen anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Yeah gotta be looking around £50m, considering he's still "young" (not old, anyway!) and he's got size and ability... Bear in mind we got £30m or so for both Watkins and Benrahma, while we were in the championship... but on the other hand, not sure about Ivan's contract situation, he may be able to push us into taking less...

I do like him but think we'd be able to replace him, easier than Raya or Eriksen anyway. 

I was thinking £30-40m might do it.

Eriksen is one I'd love us to sign on a free but I do think he shld be loyal to yous and sign an extension with what yous have done for him, especially if Spurs come knocking 

5 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

I was thinking £30-40m might do it.

Eriksen is one I'd love us to sign on a free but I do think he shld be loyal to yous and sign an extension with what yous have done for him, especially if Spurs come knocking 

Hmm, Eriksen has had a big impact but it's been a little over-baked too - Raya's return was almost as crucial - overnight from one of the worst keepers in the league to one of the best. I'd love to keep Eriksen though, i think he's shown he's worth 100k a week to us and i think we could push the boat out in these circumstances, but if someone wants to come in and give him silly money, it'll be a waste for them and he might be selling his soul a bit but.... ultimately, that's up to him. He's clearly got license to shoot whenever he wants and do almost whatever he wants for us, he takes all set-pieces etc... he might just conclude this is the best spot for him.

38 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Hmm, Eriksen has had a big impact but it's been a little over-baked too - Raya's return was almost as crucial - overnight from one of the worst keepers in the league to one of the best. I'd love to keep Eriksen though, i think he's shown he's worth 100k a week to us and i think we could push the boat out in these circumstances, but if someone wants to come in and give him silly money, it'll be a waste for them and he might be selling his soul a bit but.... ultimately, that's up to him. He's clearly got license to shoot whenever he wants and do almost whatever he wants for us, he takes all set-pieces etc... he might just conclude this is the best spot for him.

I read somewhere that he is likely to stay on at you lot due to loyalty. He’s a top guy, so it wouldn’t surprise him. Would still love him back at Spurs though.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

I read somewhere that he is likely to stay on at you lot due to loyalty. He’s a top guy, so it wouldn’t surprise him. Would still love him back at Spurs though.

I would love to have him back as well, but couldn't blame him if he wants to stay at Brentford.

So what do you two @Roband @hhooomake of his past with Conte, as well as his previous departure? A move back to you doesn’t really seem likely, to me...

Half our squad (plus manager etc) is Danish, which is probably a useful factor in our favour too.

10 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

So what do you two @Roband @hhooomake of his past with Conte, as well as his previous departure? A move back to you doesn’t really seem likely, to me...

Half our squad (plus manager etc) is Danish, which is probably a useful factor in our favour too.

He and Conte got on great in the second half of the title winning season, and Eriksen played a key role for him. I think his familiarity with Conte is a point in favor of Spurs. The Danish connection will definitely factor into a decision as well.

That being said he could also just add easily end up at Barcelona, they love a free transfer

12 minutes ago, hhooo said:

He and Conte got on great in the second half of the title winning season, and Eriksen played a key role for him. I think his familiarity with Conte is a point in favor of Spurs. The Danish connection will definitely factor into a decision as well.

That being said he could also just add easily end up at Barcelona, they love a free transfer

Ah jeez don't be saying that :D

i thought I'd heard he didn't get on with Conte, but maybe it was wishful thinking...

Just now, Mr Tree said:

Ah jeez don't be saying that :D

i thought I'd heard he didn't get on with Conte, but maybe it was wishful thinking...

That was true the first half season at Inter, since he was purchased by the owners without Conte's greenlight.

On 17/05/2022 at 10:25, AdamNufc said:

I'm not completely sold on Toney tbh.

Dont forget Wilson is a fantastic striker despite his injury record so who ever comes in has to be better than him or at least just as good.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

I'm not completely sold on Toney tbh.

Dont forget Wilson is a fantastic striker despite his injury record so who ever comes in has to be better than him or at least just as good.

I like Toney but I feel it's going to be a fortune to sign him when he isn't as good as Wilson. We just need someone who we can rely will bag us some goals if/when Wilson gets injured. I'd be all over Origi but looks like he's set for AC Milan

Yeah fair - I'm sure there'll be others who are keen, and he might not be so keen on returning to Newcastle anyway. Just might be worth bearing in mind, he's 26 whereas Wilson is 30... if you could have both, that'd be useful! 

40 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Yeah fair - I'm sure there'll be others who are keen, and he might not be so keen on returning to Newcastle anyway. Just might be worth bearing in mind, he's 26 whereas Wilson is 30... if you could have both, that'd be useful! 

I wouldn't say no to Toney but some of the rep he's got over the Fuck Brentford and no one big or whatever he said videos show he's got a bit of an attitude. Yeah I think he would prefer the London lifestyle but I also don't think that argument is as big as some make out, the North East has some brilliant places .....oh and Greggs

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

There are some big freebies this year. Tarkowski for one and Dybala if we offer massivr wages.

Dybala wouldn't even need to reshoot his advertising material

8 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Dybala wouldn't even need to reshoot his advertising material

Rumours are he’s on the way to Spurs. Guess he’s just waiting to see if Sunday is a Spursy one or successful one! 

43 minutes ago, Rob said:

@samhardy having a good day?!? 

@samhardyis likely bloated from all the Cheesy Chips and Beer and could possibly be in the Trafalgar square pond comatosed to even be on these forums right now 🤣

Nobody is winning this title. One team is going to lose it.

City Vs West Ham and now Villa. 

Liverpool V Spurs and now Wolves. 

To bastardise Ashez favoured saying. Who will shit the bed less?

Edited by billy2shots

We've played well, mistake from Konate aside. We look like scoring and conceding though and Thiago has just gone off. I'd fancy us to get the job done though as long as we keep our head. 

The terrifying thing is I know you lot can score two out of nothing. Got both games on but only glancing at the City match so I don't know how you're playing but every time I look you're around the box. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We've played well, mistake from Konate aside. We look like scoring and conceding though and Thiago has just gone off. I'd fancy us to get the job done though as long as we keep our head. 

The terrifying thing is I know you lot can score two out of nothing. Got both games on but only glancing at the City match so I don't know how you're playing but every time I look you're around the box. 

Nah, City won't win. You can tell within 10 minutes is we're on it or not and we ain't today. Villa to compact and our lack of ruthless goal getter holds us back in the games. 

It all down to Liverpool. 

See you on the other side. 

Edited by billy2shots