Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Well that was cruel. 

Another league lost by a point, these two sides are incredible. Feeling abit raw considering today gave me more hope than I ever expected, but I think that's why it's so painful 😂. If City won 5-0 I wouldn't have cared haha. 

Congratulations Man City

4 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

City only win the most dramatic way 😂

Always been the same mate. 

Nothing would have ever been possible is we didn't dramatically score 2 against Gillingham in Fergie Time. 

Exciting title race throughout the season. Two brilliant teams! 

Well done, City! 👏 

FB_IMG_1653240913600.thumb.jpg.128e8d7fc5f590293635154c68d663b1.jpg

Manager of the year!!!! 

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Brilliant signing for Villa today. Kamara is top notch! 👏

Defo agree. Clubs starting to do business early, hoping we can announce some deals soon. Targett needs wrapped up quickly

23 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Defo agree. Clubs starting to do business early, hoping we can announce some deals soon. Targett needs wrapped up quickly

Excellent signing, especially on a free transfer (yes, wages & signing on fee will be paid etc). Add him to little Phil & it's only around £17m for the two of them. 

Nice to see us get some deals done early aswell, its clear that Gerrard has seen where we need improving and started to work on it straight away. We have been crying out for a top notch DM for a few seasons now. 

Happy for you guys to take Targett, for around £15m I've seen rumoured. Although, twitter rumours of someone else coming in? Lodi I think. Can't see Targett being welcomed back to Villa, so will definitely be moved on somewhere. 

4 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

We have been crying out for a top notch DM for a few seasons now. 

Douglas Luiz not doing it for you? :)

58 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Douglas Luiz not doing it for you? :)

He has looked better in games where he can push forward. Never been a defensive midfielder, just played there cause didn’t have anyone else.

Ha Ha Klopp being given PL Manager of the Season is a joke. If you ain't giving it to Howe for what he's done, finishing 11th after not winning in over the first third of the season (14 games) then just give it to the manager who won the league - Pep.

People's views swayed by how Liverpool have done in the domestic cups and Champions League rather than just the PL

9 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Ha Ha Klopp being given PL Manager of the Season is a joke. If you ain't giving it to Howe for what he's done, finishing 11th after not winning in over the first third of the season (14 games) then just give it to the manager who won the league - Pep.

People's views swayed by how Liverpool have done in the domestic cups and Champions League rather than just the PL

Whilst I think what Klopp has done, pushing City all the way in the race for the League while managing his squad through other competitions at the same time is pretty incredible. Howe not getting that award is farcical!

3 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Whilst I think what Klopp has done, pushing City all the way in the race for the League while managing his squad through other competitions at the same time is pretty incredible. Howe not getting that award is farcical!

I agree what Klopp has done is brilliant but Howe deserved to win and there's a huge bias towards him and Pep. An example is  Sky love fest for them while giving vastly less coverage to the rest of the league 

Barclays Manager of The Season

It is what is says on the tin, for the Barclays Premier League Season. 

The award is for overachieving not having a Par season. 

Pep can't win it for winning the league unless he sets a bunch of records again. Winning it or finishing top two is expected. 

Klopp can't win it for coming second, that is not overachieving.

Howe or Potter for me. Both overachievers this season. Conte could have been in the argument. 

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Barclays Manager of The Season

It is what is says on the tin, for the Barclays Premier League Season. 

The award is for overachieving not having a Par season. 

Pep can't win it for winning the league unless he sets a bunch of records again. Winning it or finishing top two is expected. 

Klopp can't win it for coming second, that is not overachieving.

Howe or Potter for me. Both overachievers this season. Conte could have been in the argument. 

Potter is very good, but Brighton were 5th(!) in expected points last season. They've finally found their shooting boots, but that's more on the players. I think Howe, Conte, and Frank should have been the nominations.

14 hours ago, hhooo said:

Potter is very good, but Brighton were 5th(!) in expected points last season. They've finally found their shooting boots, but that's more on the players. I think Howe, Conte, and Frank should have been the nominations.

Frank for me. Done an excellent job this year at Brentford, without the large investments that other teams have had. 

Howe, yes should probably of been in the discussion, but any decent manager would of done similar, after the January window, following Bruce. The bar was just set too low with him in charge 😂

Viera maybe? Favourite to be sacked before the start of the season, ended up with a comfortable 12th, FA Cup semi final, unbeaten against Man City & took some good points off the big boys.  

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

Frank for me. Done an excellent job this year at Brentford, without the large investments that other teams have had. 

Howe, yes should probably of been in the discussion, but any decent manager would of done similar, after the January window, following Bruce. The bar was just set too low with him in charge 😂

Viera maybe? Favourite to be sacked before the start of the season, ended up with a comfortable 12th, FA Cup semi final, unbeaten against Man City & took some good points off the big boys.  

I think Vieira is a cracking shout. He’s done a quietly excellent job.

4 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

@JamesVilla Your lot have came storming out the Transfer Window blocks, first Kamara now Carlos. Can see yous getting a canny few in 

Screenshot_20220526-170854.thumb.jpg.48f2e89881a5ca0785df1b74b6db1d3c.jpg

Another excellent signing. Gerrard quickly getting the vital improvements in. His pull is unbelievable, no way would we have signed the ones we have so far if Smith was still in charge. Expecting some outgoings in the next week or so.

Still hoping for another midfielder and potentially a striker coming in. Suarez seems the most likely striker. 

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

Another excellent signing. Gerrard quickly getting the vital improvements in. His pull is unbelievable, no way would we have signed the ones we have so far if Smith was still in charge. Expecting some outgoings in the next week or so.

Still hoping for another midfielder and potentially a striker coming in. Suarez seems the most likely striker. 

I know we were after Carlos in Jan but we're quoted £40-45m and ended up with Burn instead. No way we were going to get Carlos in summer and have two 30 old centre halves signed, he was clearly a Jan only signing, we will now look for younger players but I'm really interested to see how Carlos does for yous.

Yous have been linked heavily with Bassey of Rangers and in the EL Final he seemed class. Yeah Suarez looks nailed on. 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Why are we being linked to Kane this evening......Surely not. 

I think it's because Harry is after another contract at Spurs. The guy signs a new deal every few months. 

6 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

I think it's because Harry is after another contract at Spurs. The guy signs a new deal every few months. 

His last contract was signed over 3 years ago. Levy has been pushing to renew but Kane hasn't come to the table yet, but is expected to sign if this summer goes well. 

Younger players who are breaking into the first team at Tottenham do get multiple new contacts in a short period of time if they play well and earn the pay raise. I think Dele once had 3 contacts in a year when he broke out.

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

Why are we being linked to Kane this evening......Surely not. 

Why would he want a step down? 😘

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Why would he want a step down? 😘

Exactly, playing for you lot is better than being on our bench 😛

It's no secret I'm not a big fan of Kane, I don't doubt he'd score for fun for us but I can't see it happening at all. It makes absolutely no sense, even if Salah/Mane leave. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

It's no secret I'm not a big fan of Kane, I don't doubt he'd score for fun for us but I can't see it happening at all. It makes absolutely no sense, even if Salah/Mane leave. 

But at least he might win some Trophys other then golden boots.

19 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

But at least he might win some Trophys other then golden boots.

You came fifth. Stick to hugging dolphins.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Being serious though - reckon Mane will leave or is the media being ratbags?