Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Tell you what if we end up getting Sven Botman and Moussa Diaby in, then we are a left back, central mid and a striker away from being in the mix for the Top 8.

Edited by AdamNufc
9 hours ago, hhooo said:

9 hours ago, billy2shots said:

I think it's because Harry is after another contract at Spurs. The guy signs a new deal every few months. 

9 hours ago, hhooo said:

His last contract was signed over 3 years ago. Levy has been pushing to renew but Kane hasn't come to the table yet, but is expected to sign if this summer goes well. 

I was of course refering to his mobile phone, sky and Netflix contracts all signed recently.......

In all seriousness, 2018 seems like a few months ago. It's amazing what 2+ years of going into work wrapped up in PPE does to your time perspective. 

6 hours ago, Rob said:

You came fifth. Stick to hugging dolphins.

Being serious though - reckon Mane will leave or is the media being ratbags?

I did kinda expect the front three to be broken up this summer, it sucks but is a natural part of football. Due to thinking that Mane was always the one "most at risk" of leaving. 

I can see Firmino seeing out his contract and going on a free next summer, mainly because he's not worth anything to another team imo. To us he's a £30m striker, you'd never get that from anyone else as he's not a scoring striker if that makes sense. 

Obviously Salah is still up in the air and Madrid missing out on Mbappe puts a massive spanner in the works, however I still think Salah signs a new deal. He wants big money but he looks like he could go another 4 odd years, maybe longer. We're hopefully losing big contracts this summer with Origi, Oxlade and maybe Milner leaving so we'll see. 

Then Mane, I love the lad and I don't want to see him go but I can see the logic in it. While he had a wonderful season he's not the Mane of old and I'd be wary of giving him another big contract as I can't see him aging as well as Salah, and in fairness he deserves a similar deal to Salah and I'd understand him having similar demands. The fact Jota and Diaz were both signed for the left side of the three has also got to be a hint. We've took a risk giving Hendo big money on a long deal that makes me nervous, I personally wouldn't want to do the same with Mane and he deserves better than a two year deal or anything shitty. 

Worst case is Salah and Mane both leave which is still an option unfortunately. Mane would likely bring in £30-50m with Salah I'd say closer to £90-100 (similar to Hazard). 

Yet we know Origi and probably Taki are leaving so we're going to need a striker or two, if Mane also goes. I could see us going for that French lad tearing it up for RBL or Darwin from Benfica as a replacement. 

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

I did kinda expect the front three to be broken up this summer, it sucks but is a natural part of football. Due to thinking that Mane was always the one "most at risk" of leaving. 

I can see Firmino seeing out his contract and going on a free next summer, mainly because he's not worth anything to another team imo. To us he's a £30m striker, you'd never get that from anyone else as he's not a scoring striker if that makes sense. 

Obviously Salah is still up in the air and Madrid missing out on Mbappe puts a massive spanner in the works, however I still think Salah signs a new deal. He wants big money but he looks like he could go another 4 odd years, maybe longer. We're hopefully losing big contracts this summer with Origi, Oxlade and maybe Milner leaving so we'll see. 

Then Mane, I love the lad and I don't want to see him go but I can see the logic in it. While he had a wonderful season he's not the Mane of old and I'd be wary of giving him another big contract as I can't see him aging as well as Salah, and in fairness he deserves a similar deal to Salah and I'd understand him having similar demands. The fact Jota and Diaz were both signed for the left side of the three has also got to be a hint. We've took a risk giving Hendo big money on a long deal that makes me nervous, I personally wouldn't want to do the same with Mane and he deserves better than a two year deal or anything shitty. 

Worst case is Salah and Mane both leave which is still an option unfortunately. Mane would likely bring in £30-50m with Salah I'd say closer to £90-100 (similar to Hazard). 

Yet we know Origi and probably Taki are leaving so we're going to need a striker or two, if Mane also goes. I could see us going for that French lad tearing it up for RBL or Darwin from Benfica as a replacement. 

I’d be gutted to see Mane leave the league. Said this for ages, but he’s the best left-sided forward around (Son is a close second, with Neymar not anywhere close). I guess the advantage at Liverpool is that the system is the twelfth player and Klopp always purchases for the system, rather than the overall quality of the player.

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’d be gutted to see Mane leave the league. Said this for ages, but he’s the best left-sided forward around (Son is a close second, with Neymar not anywhere close). I guess the advantage at Liverpool is that the system is the twelfth player and Klopp always purchases for the system, rather than the overall quality of the player.

If Mane goes I hope they don't go for the Diaby we are after. They will have to replace big as Mane will be a huge miss 

3 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

If Mane goes I hope they don't go for the Diaby we are after. They will have to replace big as Mane will be a huge miss 

Yeah totally agree. It’ll be interesting how players view you guys this summer and what sort of folk you get in. Also interesting if anyone dives in to try and get ASM too.

On 27/05/2022 at 13:39, Rob said:

You came fifth. Stick to hugging dolphins.

Being serious though - reckon Mane will leave or is the media being ratbags?

And when did Spurs last win a trophy?

7 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

And when did Spurs last win a trophy?

You do know I’m not an actual footballer and I don’t play for them? Anyway, thanks for pulling yourself out of Ashez’ backside for your yearly post. 

1 hour ago, StuartM said:

I'm probably less pleased than you Dai 😔

Nothing against Huddersfield, pal. I just like seeing Forest back.

I'm still in the pub, my mates reckon 2 but I thought 1 was clear... but no sour grapes, I always thought the first goal would be decisive and so it proved. Good luck next season Forest

2 pens definitely and if there was no VAR which there shouldn’t have been considering the EFL hasn’t used it all season the ref might’ve had more of a temptation to give them instead of just relying on the “prove me wrong” that most PL refs do.

Jack Colback is a Premier League footballer again 😳

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Jack Colback is a Premier League footballer again 😳

The question is was he ever a Premier League footballer?

"But you only won the league cups" 

Half a million people lined the streets to welcome these lads home! 

Screenshot_20220530_081326_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.fc31519c4bfdc82471855b16fbe86566.jpg

20220530_081915.thumb.jpg.d4527513c8717f323c3539549c1ede7c.jpg

20220530_082143.thumb.jpg.ff50259c91bc0381b44829ef5da094b1.jpg

Sensational scenes!! 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

"But you only won the league cups" 

Half a million people lined the streets to welcome these lads home! 

Screenshot_20220530_081326_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.fc31519c4bfdc82471855b16fbe86566.jpg

20220530_081915.thumb.jpg.d4527513c8717f323c3539549c1ede7c.jpg

20220530_082143.thumb.jpg.ff50259c91bc0381b44829ef5da094b1.jpg

Sensational scenes!! 

"Estimated".

In reality, It could've been a thousand?! 🤣🤣🤣

I jest! People were locked up for the guts of 2 years, heck you celebrated a League triumph in an empty stadium. They're making up for it now and good on them!

52 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

HOW WAS SON NOT NOMINATED???

Screenshot_20220601-180005.thumb.jpg.d2358ae9e0b78c52a0adf0e87e4dae81.jpg

It's just the same players every year no matter what happens on the pitch. Completely meaningless

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

HOW WAS SON NOT NOMINATED???

Screenshot_20220601-180005.thumb.jpg.d2358ae9e0b78c52a0adf0e87e4dae81.jpg

Salah has been shite since AFCON aswell! The mind boggles.

14 minutes ago, Woody said:

Salah has been shite since AFCON aswell! The mind boggles.

Young player of the year had ESR who has been shite since January, and Luis Díaz who is 25(?) with Kulusevski (4 years younger and more goals + assists than Díaz) nowhere to be seen.

You just can't pay attention to awards for anything. Not this, not the Oscars, it's all just circlejerk nonsense.

57 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Young player of the year had ESR who has been shite since January, and Luis Díaz who is 25(?) with Kulusevski (4 years younger and more goals + assists than Díaz) nowhere to be seen.

You just can't pay attention to awards for anything. Not this, not the Oscars, it's all just circlejerk nonsense.

‘It’s all just circlejerk nonsense.’ 😂

10 hours ago, hhooo said:

Don't see Diaz on my list? All-english, Foden, Saka, ESR, James, Ramsey and Gallagher. 

Maybe Son was excluded from the top honour for the constant diving and histrionics :) I've got a Korean-english friend who supports the bees, he was so disappointed in Sonny when you came to the BCS... i know "everyone does it" but he was a bit OTT that night...

10 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

TM1214_BLACKWHITE_011_8d264d90-8788-44b7-bb1e-4301d606c52d_2000x.thumb.jpg.53a6be862f2aa0406329d39465fdbe45.jpg

No new sponsor but this is one of the smartest kits we've had in a good few years 😍

That does look good. I'm a fan of Chinese/Korean etc sponsors, since the lettering looks more like an actual design than words to my untrained eye!

Spurs are having a down year on kits. The neon yellow stripe for the home one is bleh, and the away is the worst I've seen in a decade

On 08/06/2022 at 13:53, AdamNufc said:

TM1214_BLACKWHITE_011_8d264d90-8788-44b7-bb1e-4301d606c52d_2000x.thumb.jpg.53a6be862f2aa0406329d39465fdbe45.jpg

No new sponsor but this is one of the smartest kits we've had in a good few years 😍

Love it. It was leaked a few weeks back but this is quality.

8 hours ago, Woody said:

Love it. It was leaked a few weeks back but this is quality.

I like many didn't want fun88, wanted a brand new big money fancy sponsor but this kit does look smart and it's the last year of FUN88. Will I buy it? Probably not as £65 is crazy and don't think it would suit a post COVID lockdown beer belly!